Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Trailer for new map:

Reminds me of that old COD map, looks good

Preview of the two new operators here

Available 02/08 for season pass holders, 9th for everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I put in 2 hours to the game last night on PC - still love it! People still playing it?

No two games are the same usually.

I'm on PS4 / Xbox One and still pretty active there, I love this game.

One other big thing for PC users is BattlEye - the new client side anti-cheat which goes live today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm putting more time into than ever. Absolutely love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Is there a list of boards PC players for R6?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Apparently Battleye already putting the fear into hackers already and people saying lots of Diamond Ranked players in casual running around like chickens and dying easily :D

Operation Skull Rain releases on August 2nd (next Tuesday) btw

Cravez wrote: »
    Apparently Battleye already putting the fear into hackers already and people saying lots of Diamond Ranked players in casual running around like chickens and dying easily :D

Operation Skull Rain releases on August 2nd (next Tuesday) btw

Excellent. I'm not a PC gamer myself, but love watching streams so will be interesting to see the effect this has on some players.

Looking forward to the new DLC. Any more word on the new operators?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

whats battle eye and why would it scare hackers

Im sorry i didnt get the dlc from the start, its such a grind to unlock operators

IvoryTower wrote: »

Im sorry i didnt get the dlc from the start, its such a grind to unlock operators

Its an anti-hacking / anti cheat programme. If I'm correct this, the game won't load up if there are cheats present i.e. aimbot etc.

You'll gain a lot of renown in ranked games, and to be honest, you really don't need to unlock ALL of the operators. I think Buck and Blackbeard don't really offer anything to a team to enhance the whole group, they are essentially "selfish" operators. I'd focus on Frost, Valkyrie. And see what the new DLC brings. You'll rack up enough renown (50,000) in no time for those operators.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Corvo wrote: »
    Its an anti-hacking / anti cheat programme. If I'm correct this, the game won't load up if there are cheats present i.e. aimbot etc.

You'll gain a lot of renown in ranked games, and to be honest, you really don't need to unlock ALL of the operators. I think Buck and Blackbeard don't really offer anything to a team to enhance the whole group, they are essentially "selfish" operators. I'd focus on Frost, Valkyrie. And see what the new DLC brings. You'll rack up enough renown (50,000) in no time for those operators.

Blackboard is really good for teams. He's great from behind cover and for repelling at windows getting kills.

• Advertisement

Blackboard is really good for teams. He's great from behind cover and for repelling at windows getting kills.

Oh I agree, he's a decent operator in his own right, don't get me wrong. But with regards ranked games, where team work is essential, I think there are better operators to be choosing.

He does cause an element of panic when he appears in a window though, I hate coming up against him. Very satisfying to drop him, mind.

IvoryTower wrote: »

Because Hackers have been rampant in the PC version of Rainbow Six Siege since the Alpha/Beta as Fairfight is not a very good anti-cheat, it's server side and only tracks statistics and data rather than actual hacking software.

Alot of the hacking came from Plat/Diamond ranked players, they relied too much on wallhacks and aimbots to get to that rank since the games release. Now that there is actual anti-cheat, there's panic that a lot of them are getting banned, hackers now without their hacks are getting their asses handed to them by actual legit players who play the game properly.

Battle Eye is a really effective Client side Anti cheat that is really good at detecting hacking software, even the really sneaky ones. Any public hacks available automatically detect the offending programs being run and ban players. I've heard it also does Hardware Bans so banned players need to buy new PC hardware if they ever want to play the game again.

Most games that have implemented Battle Eye have had huge success in curbing hacking problems.

The thing is, no game is hackerproof. But Battle Eye is one of the best, the only cons to Battle Eye is that when new hacks come out, the library of hacks needs to be updated with Battleye so there could be small periods of a reinsurgence of hackers until they get patched.

Rainbow Six Siege will have the added protection of running Fairfight alongside Battle Eye, so there will now be a client and server side anti-cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Free for the weekend on PC and Xbox.

There will also a double renown boost for the weekend, also if you logged in on the 26th of July you should have/get a 24 hour renown booster also.

Corvo wrote: »
    Oh I agree, he's a decent operator in his own right, don't get me wrong. But with regards ranked games, where team work is essential, I think there are better operators to be choosing.

He does cause an element of panic when he appears in a window though, I hate coming up against him. Very satisfying to drop him, mind.
    Same. I hate coming up against him. I am usually aiming for the head so he catches me quite a bit. I shoot his shield and he kills me.

We always play ranked with blackbeard. If he gets into an objective and can find something to cover his lower body he is really tough to kill.

Same. I hate coming up against him. I am usually aiming for the head so he catches me quite a bit. I shoot his shield and he kills me.

We always play ranked with blackbeard. If he gets into an objective and can find something to cover his lower body he is really tough to kill.

In the right hands, he can really make a difference, however more often that not I see people use him incorrectly and he'll be the first to get dropped. He is nearly always deployed to windows, which means he is ripe for a nitro cell or being flanked outside the building.

I like sometimes when he is used by a high ranked player on our team, as he can drag a whole team to one side of the objective, kill off one or two, and cause enough distraction that the remainder of us get into stronger positions.

Thank god he doesn't have frags also, I'd be a lot more worried then.

There will also a double renown boost for the weekend, also if you logged in on the 26th of July you should have/get a 24 hour renown booster also.

So essentially triple renown? Excellent

Mainly play on PS but gamesharer buddy on Xbox just bought it so started it on the Xbone and forgot how much of a slog unlocking all the operators and attachements can be, this is great :)

Just heard about the new operators, with one in particular sounding quite powerful.

Silent running, can then perform a non lethal takedown with a pistol and interrogate that enemy operator to reveal where the others are.

Will make for a very dangerous roamer.

You forgot to mention she will have C4....

I imagine she will be very OP and then they will nerf her somehow down the line. I don't know why they gave another defender C4, that makes 7 defenders using C4.

You forgot to mention she will have C4....

I imagine she will be very OP and then they will nerf her somehow down the line. I don't know why they gave another defender C4, that makes 7 defenders using C4.

Didn't know that, will certainly need to be nerfed. Imagine her running about with say, Jager not far away. Use her to find out, use Jager for the heavy hitting and her using C4 if required

• Advertisement

Got this team wipe last night. Some laugh in the party when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Got this team wipe last night. Some laugh in the party when it happened.

Unreal.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Unreal.
    I thought it was Christmas. I couldn't get the Castle door down fast enough :D

I thought it was Christmas. I couldn't get the Castle door down fast enough :D

Absolutely brilliant.

Most I've got was three, very rare you get em grouped up like that.

It gets funnier. I looked up one of the victims profiles and he recorded it from his view.

They had all picked recruits and had no breach charge.

Viewers may find the following revised game clip disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It gets funnier. I looked up one of the victims profiles and he recorded it from his view.

What are the chances!!!!! It must be your proudest gaming moment....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Viewers may find the following revised game clip disturbing

What were their levels?

That looks setup, assuming they all level 1 or something makes no sense to do what they did. They were not going break that and seemed clutched for no reason.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What were their levels?

That looks setup, assuming they all level 1 or something makes no sense to do what they did. They were not going break that and seemed clutched for no reason.

They were all recruits I think and the game is free for the weekend.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    What were their levels?

That looks setup , assuming they all level 1 or something makes no sense to do what they did. They were not going break that and seemed clutched for no reason.
    LOL, yes. They are professional stunt men that I hired.

• Advertisement

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    What are the chances!!!!! It must be your proudest gaming moment....
    It's going on my CV.

What recruiter wouldn't be impressed by that :D

Advertisement