Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is this game worth €20 Played the beta and this looks improved, does the enjoyment last and is it good playing solo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Rorok wrote: »
    Is this game worth €20 Played the beta and this looks improved, does the enjoyment last and is it good playing solo
    I think it's great value for €20. The devs release new operators and a map for free every few months.

It's a game that you get the best out of playing with a team. I couldn't really recommend the game as a solo purchase at full price but at €20 I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Its possible to get it a bit cheaper, I got the gold edition for around £14.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/rainbow-six-siege-pc-download-7-48-uplay-ubsoft-2488385

The glitch only appears to be effecting the UK store, so, I had to use tunnelbear and vpn to the UK store on my browser, but activated and stuff fine.

Julez wrote: »
    Its possible to get it a bit cheaper, I got the gold edition for around £14.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/rainbow-six-siege-pc-download-7-48-uplay-ubsoft-2488385

The glitch only appears to be effecting the UK store, so, I had to use tunnelbear and vpn to the UK store on my browser, but activated and stuff fine.

Thanks for posting bud. Got it for €8 on PC :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That was one game I always wanted to get, but never pushed the trigger.
    Thanks **** for those steam weekends. Gave it a go yesterday and decided to buy it for 19.99eu.
    A lot of game for 20 quid and looks like very active support from developer.

It's not the most optimised game though? Had ot all maxed out on 1080p on my pc and it was kind of hoovering at 40fps. Had to turn down all AA for smooth 60.

• Advertisement

That was one game I always wanted to get, but never pushed the trigger.
    Thanks **** for those steam weekends. Gave it a go yesterday and decided to buy it for 19.99eu.
    A lot of game for 20 quid and looks like very active support from developer.

It's not the most optimised game though? Had ot all maxed out on 1080p on my pc and it was kind of hoovering at 40fps. Had to turn down all AA for smooth 60.
    What graphics card are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What graphics card are you using?

Shadow has 1070 I think.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Shadow has 1070 I think.
    Jaysus. Something wrong there. My 970 handles the game on ultra without dipping under 100.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No, it's 2500k and 1060. I got AA lowered and everything maxed amd it is stable 60 with v sync now. With maxed out AA it dips massively.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Rorok wrote: »

200 hours played so yes, yes it is worth it.

It is not a solo MP game, you absolutley must play this in comms with team mates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Ch1co

Downloaded the new update today. Have to say I really like the new operator select screen. The new operators seem ok and the map is very open. Lots of walls to break! Matchmaking seems quicker too. Really enjoying this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Ch1co wrote: »
    Downloaded the new update today. Have to say I really like the new operator select screen. The new operators seem ok and the map is very open. Lots of walls to break! Matchmaking seems quicker too. Really enjoying this game!

Downloaded it myself last night, haven't played the new map as the servers were acting up a little on me and got booted out of two casual games and one ranked.

Forgot that the ranks were reset, much to my displeasure :mad:

The new operator Caveria will be very powerful I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah the new operator screen select is great, handy being able to see what loadout your team has. And it's gotten rid of Valkyrie's dumb bicep pose so it's worth it for that alone.

Lots of minor little changes too, the distance meter added to red markers from scanning is a nice touch.

Didn't get to play too much with the new operators, but Capitao's AR seems great. Smoke grenades still pretty useless, the incendiary bolts look pretty cool but not sure how effective they are yet.

Caveira seems like a roamer's dream.

maximoose wrote: »
    Yeah the new operator screen select is great, handy being able to see what loadout your team has. And it's gotten rid of Valkyrie's dumb bicep pose so it's worth it for that alone.

Lots of minor little changes too, the distance meter added to red markers from scanning is a nice touch.

Didn't get to play too much with the new operators, but Capitao's AR seems great. Smoke grenades still pretty useless, the incendiary bolts look pretty cool but not sure how effective they are yet.

Caveira seems like a roamer's dream.

I purposely left aside renown and R6 credits to buy at least one of the new operators, but not impressed by the incendiary or smoke bolts for Capitao, as you say, so I don't think I'll be buying him.

Caveria looks so good, but I'm not great at roaming and don't like straying too far from the objective. Saying that, I'll love playing as Pulse or Jager and bombing after the attacking team once one of my team mates identifies where they are using the interrogation technique :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No, it's 2500k and 1060. I got AA lowered and everything maxed amd it is stable 60 with v sync now. With maxed out AA it dips massively.

i5 2500k OCed to 4.6 ghz & gtx 970 here, running high settings and getting consistant 144fps on my 1080 144hz gsync screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Finally played last night and gave the two new operators a go. I actually really like both operators!

Capitao has good weapons and his tactical crossbow made for some very good team planned execution on objectives. The LMG is surprisingly easy to fire with little recoil. With Frags along with the tactical crossbow, he seems the best operator for flushing out defenders from hard to reach spots.

Caveira is an interesting operator, I was expecting her Sneak skill to be overpowered but it actually isn't. I died a good few times to defenders while using it and you have to be lucky to get a loner on your own. Her weapons seem balanced enough but her pistol is OP :D

I like alot of QOL tweaks like subtle UI changes and the new operator selection cards.

I haven't had a chance to play the Favela map yet though. But in some ways I actually prefer Skull Rain over Operation Dustline so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I have 2 weeks off, if anyone fancies a game on xbox add me - gunnerdrog

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I have 2 weeks off, if anyone fancies a game on xbox add me - gunnerdrog

I'll be on tonight Ivory, if you are about.

In work now, so if you could add me - Corvo4ttano

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Corvo wrote: »
    I'll be on tonight Ivory, if you are about.

In work now, so if you could add me - Corvo4ttano

I think im friends with you both on the Xbox. I'll be on tonight and up for a few games. GT Penguins Haooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Grand job, added you there corvo, I'll probably be on about 9/9.30 if yis are about

• Advertisement

Carroller wrote: »
    I think im friends with you both on the Xbox. I'll be on tonight and up for a few games. GT Penguins Haooo

You are indeed. You've asked me to join a few times and I've always been stuck in ranked! Apologies! I'll be having a few glasses of wine with dinner, so if I fuze the hostage, its not me its the merlot.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭yesJME

Great game, can't get enough of it.

Unfortunately ended up playing Favela for the first time in ranked, got absolutely minced. Such a tough map, no room and so many entry points.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Lessons learned after going back to Rainbow 6 after a 3 month break

1.We will not win Matches if im the best player on the Team

2.Team Balancing still sucks balls

Great few hours on it last night though.. And im really liking the new Operators and Map

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Picked this up last week in the sale - had been keeping an eye on the price for ages.

Only played a few hours so far but really enjoying it, so deliberate and tense in comparison to Overwatch or whatever else i'm playing.
    Learning curve seems steep, i've only managed a few kills and most of what my teammates do seems a bit odd but i'm checking out videos and getting a better sense of how to play.

If anyone needs a body for their squad on Xbox holler at me, GT is Adventagious.
    I will be bad but enthusiastic. Can not guarantee i will not accidentally breach myself at some point.

Picked this up last week in the sale - had been keeping an eye on the price for ages.

Only played a few hours so far but really enjoying it, so deliberate and tense in comparison to Overwatch or whatever else i'm playing.
    Learning curve seems steep, i've only managed a few kills and most of what my teammates do seems a bit odd but i'm checking out videos and getting a better sense of how to play.

If anyone needs a body for their squad on Xbox holler at me, GT is Adventagious.
    I will be bad but enthusiastic. Can not guarantee i will not accidentally breach myself at some point.

I'll be online again this evening - Corvo4ttano. We can play a few games of casual and run through a few different operators etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

I'll be online again this evening - Corvo4ttano. We can play a few games of casual and run through a few different operators etc.

Nice one, will add you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Unfortunately ended up playing Favela for the first time in ranked, got absolutely minced. Such a tough map, no room and so many entry points.

Same happened to me lastnight, got destroyed. It's such a tight little map, really like the look of it so far but gonna have to do some customs in it to figure out the set up. Didn't know where the hell I was sending my drone or where to expect attackers to come from. Loved the destruction in it.

maximoose wrote: »
    Same happened to me lastnight, got destroyed. It's such a tight little map, really like the look of it so far but gonna have to do some customs in it to figure out the set up. Didn't know where the hell I was sending my drone or where to expect attackers to come from. Loved the destruction in it.

Didn't help that I got the night version either.

Going to be a huge problem for spawn kills too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Check out Massive Network on Youtube,he has a **** load of R6 videos,and explains what hes doing and why he is doing it as he goes along too.. his voice is a bit Movie Trailer Voice over Guy but if that doesnt bother you,his streams are entertaining

Advertisement