Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dcully wrote: »
    i5 2500k OCed to 4.6 ghz & gtx 970 here, running high settings and getting consistant 144fps on my 1080 144hz gsync screen.

Bullplop, my 4690I and 1070 completely maxed out hits me 120fps

But yeah the new update is great. Glad to see they're improving the game instead of abandoning it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Corvo wrote: »
    I'll be online again this evening - Corvo4ttano. We can play a few games of casual and run through a few different operators etc.

Added you there Adventagious, gt is gunnerdrog, mad to get some squad play I'm cracking up playing it on my own. It still fun but definitely think squad play would add to it massively. It's pot luck if you're on the same page otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Added you there Adventagious, gt is gunnerdrog, mad to get some squad play I'm cracking up playing it on my own. It still fun but definitely think squad play would add to it massively. It's pot luck if you're on the same page otherwise

Sorry for missing you last night gunner.

Use some calpol on that child tonight. :pac:

Sorry for missing you last night gunner.

Use some calpol on that child tonight. :pac:

Ha! It was his first night in a bed, every time I thought i was good to go he'd arrive back into the sitting room delighted with himself

Playing in a squad this morning, much better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Nice one, will add you.

Added you there. Normally have the mic on when everyone's gone to bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

For 20 bucks I think i might invest, it would rude not to. Problem is I'm heavily invested in the division atm and don't know have i the time to play this also. I love playing S&D in call of duty so I would imagine this would be similar.

Is there much dlc to get? thought I read somewhere that the maps were free but to progress faster you can buy some sort of credits. If there much of learning curve I presume I would be destroyed for the first couple of weeks until I get to know pinch points etc

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

I see the gold version is €35, you get a few skins and a 5% renown bonus to unlock content etc. Early access to operators, Is it worth it

Do you get the operators without having to save for them? I would then, pain in the hole unlocking them

Do you get the operators without having to save for them? I would then, pain in the hole unlocking them

Don't think so, I'd say like cod you still have to work through the levels to unlock the operators. Is it much of a slog and are the early operators not the best

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    Don't think so, I'd say like cod you still have to work through the levels to unlock the operators. Is it much of a slog and are the early operators not the best

Yeah they are pretty much I just wish I could use the new operators without having to play heaps of games, I would have unlocked everything in cod ten times over before unlocking a new operator

Some of the more experienced guys here might know if it's worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I've the season pass and don't have to pay for the new operators with renown get them straight away. I would never have got them by saving. I'm assuming that's what's in the deluxe edition

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Get the deluxe version or buy the season pass and you get all Operatives and new ones 7 days early..

Well i pulled the trigger on this yesterday and got the gold version, you can unlock all the operators but you need renown. Spent a couple of hours on this last night and obviously got dominated. A LOT to learn with the maps and operators. Is there any operators I should unlock first, I know that is based on now you play yourself but there must be one or two that are essential.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well i pulled the trigger on this yesterday and got the gold version, you can unlock all the operators but you need renown. Spent a couple of hours on this last night and obviously got dominated. A LOT to learn with the maps and operators. Is there any operators I should unlock first, I know that is based on now you play yourself but there must be one or two that are essential.

Thermite, fuze, castle, sledge & mute are all very useful. You should have all the dlc ones unlocked without needing spend renown if you got the season pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

If anyone is playing on PS4 and wants to have a few games, my psn is fill3rup_ I play with mic too as it's just a joke otherwise

Another Pulse nerf on the way, they are finding it very difficult to find a balance with him but at least they are listening to feedback.

Feel a couple of operators are going to lose Nitro too, which is only right. Shields have nearly been made redundant.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Another Pulse nerf on the way, they are finding it very difficult to find a balance with him but at least they are listening to feedback.

Feel a couple of operators are going to lose Nitro too, which is only right. Shields have nearly been made redundant.

What way are they nerfing him? A decent counter operator would make more sense imo.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What way are they nerfing him? A decent counter operator would make more sense imo.

Rumours so far are that the scanner distance will drop from 13 feet to 9 feet and that it will "pulse" less often, meaning that you won't be able to track a target as consistently as you can now.

I have a feeling he will lose his Nitro too, which would mean a push towards further team work in calling out targets instead of eliminating them yourself.

Also, the "quick switch" from scanner to primary weapon is being removed.

All due in the next patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Played a bit more of it. Really hard, but loving it. Biggest issue right now is maps. They are massive and so much to learn about them.
    I started doing those scenarios and omfg, how much help they are on learning maps. I think I will just do a lot more of those before properly sink in to multiplayer.

I got that 20 quid deal on steam, but now I kind of thinking of getting season pass. The 25k per new operator is just ridiculous free to play, **** you that's why price.

I've played 120 hours and I I've only one of the new operators unlocked, I might just buy the pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Played a bit more of it. Really hard, but loving it. Biggest issue right now is maps. They are massive and so much to learn about them.
    I started doing those scenarios and omfg, how much help they are on learning maps. I think I will just do a lot more of those before properly sink in to multiplayer.

I got that 20 quid deal on steam, but now I kind of thinking of getting season pass. The 25k per new operator is just ridiculous free to play, **** you that's why price.

Watching the tutorials in the home menu and completing the situations will give you enough XP to buy a few operators so definitely the place to start. Complete situations on harder difficulty levels to get even more XP.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Watching the tutorials in the home menu and completing the situations will give you enough XP to buy a few operators so definitely the place to start. Complete situations on harder difficulty levels to get even more XP.

That's what I did. Each of them on hard, if fully completed is 600+ points. I did a few now and thats a nice boost to get few basic operators to start off and not use recruit. Got two of deference and attack. So covered myself so far.

I think I'll get season pass too if it's cheap enough somewhere. 25k per operator as I said is loonacy when you get so little from each map. Specially if you want some attachments and skins which are not universal and needs to be gotten again for each operator.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I've played 120 hours and I I've only one of the new operators unlocked, I might just buy the pass.

The DLC operators are hard to unlock using in-game credit. Takes a long time to build up the balance.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Rumours so far are that the scanner distance will drop from 13 feet to 9 feet and that it will "pulse" less often, meaning that you won't be able to track a target as consistently as you can now.

I have a feeling he will lose his Nitro too, which would mean a push towards further team work in calling out targets instead of eliminating them yourself.

Also, the "quick switch" from scanner to primary weapon is being removed.

All due in the next patch.
    Think the damage range on nitros needs to be nerfed, it isn't consistent with the amount of damage they actually do to the environment.

If it's a big enough charge to kill me from the distances it currently can I would expect it to blow huge holes in things, destroy entire walls etc. I'd expect it to wreak havok on the map.

awec wrote: »
    The DLC operators are hard to unlock using in-game credit. Takes a long time to build up the balance.

I got the gold version and have no problem unlocking the operators about 450-900 renoun. If you win a match you get any 200 so I have unlocked more than half at this stage. I'm only level ten.

I got the gold version and have no problem unlocking the operators about 450-900 renoun. If you win a match you get any 200 so I have unlocked more than half at this stage. I'm only level ten.

If you didn't have the gold edition some of the operators woukld be 25000 renown each.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I got the standard version and have never had an issue unlocking operators. I bought the previous 2 operators leaving me with nothing and now I have 80K to buy the next 2 operators today.

I got the standard version and have never had an issue unlocking operators. I bought the previous 2 operators leaving me with nothing and now I have 80K to buy the next 2 operators today.

Yep, the renown racks up in Ranked.

awec wrote: »
    Think the damage range on nitros needs to be nerfed, it isn't consistent with the amount of damage they actually do to the environment.

If it's a big enough charge to kill me from the distances it currently can I would expect it to blow huge holes in things, destroy entire walls etc. I'd expect it to wreak havok on the map.

Yeah, I agree. I was also of the opinion that Montagne (and possibly Blitz) should be able to survive a frontal explosion from Nitro. It would bring shield operators back into the fold (as long as they also reduce the amount of operators carrying Nitro, which has become ridiculous to be honest).

They could also look at reducing the throwing range. Smoke's little pouches feel like you are throwing a fat relative, yet a head sized lump of plastic explosive with a phone attached gets the Tom Brady treatment every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yep, the renown racks up in Ranked.

Better off in casual or Classic terro hunt for grinding renown IMO. Ranked matches can take forever and there isn't much difference between a casual win / ranked win.

80k?!

I've played 90 hours on PS4 and I only have 22k renown right now, have never bought a DLC operator. I had 30k last week, was trying to decide who to buy and thought **** it, got the season pass using phone credit.

Advertisement