Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

maximoose wrote: »
    Better off in casual or Classic terro hunt for grinding renown IMO. Ranked matches can take forever and there isn't much difference between a casual win / ranked win.

Really? I've bought all operators, including Blackbeard, Frost and Capitao and have never dipped into my own cash. All my operators are kitted out too (mind you, I don't bother with skins). I've always racked up much more renown in ranked. Maybe its due to boosters? (I don't buy them but team mates would) I've also taken serious advantage of "double weekends" where in ranked and boosters involved you would be looking at 800-900 renown a win.

Just off the top of my head - I'd earn maybe 200-240 renown in casual, but ranked probably 340-400? Thats without boosters etc.

It's still a grind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think its just about 300 for a win in casual and ranked around 400, but ranked can last twice as long.

25k per character is too much IMO, but I suppose they want to push people to the season pass so it has to be a bit grindy.

Even after getting the pass, I'm still playing with Sledge/Rook..I have simple tastes :pac:

maximoose wrote: »
    Even after getting the pass, I'm still playing with Sledge/Rook..I have simple tastes :pac:

:pac: Yeah, I bought Blackbeard and I hate him and his stupid face. Still mainly run Ash / Sledge in attack and Mute / Frost / Kapkan in defence. Which bar Frost, I all had from the start anyway.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I actually have enough renown to buy one of the new operators. Which one is the better of the two?

awec wrote: »
    I actually have enough renown to buy one of the new operators. Which one is the better of the two?

Out of Capitao and Caveria?

Honestly, if you don't roam, Caveria is a total waste and you wouldn't be using her correctly. If you have played alongside someone who is though, you will see just how game-changing her interrogation technique is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Just reinstalling this for Xbox. Its is going awful slow once I'm up to over 19gb downloaded. Lookin forward to getting back into it though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Add gunnerdrog

I'll be on tonight lads if anyone fancies a few games

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Same here xb1 razerirl75

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Added Ye both there. Should hopefully be on tomorrow for a few games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

From IGN
    "daily player total is higher today than it was when we first shipped the game nine months ago."

image0011.jpg

Hopefully this game'll see support for years :)

• Advertisement

Caught a Gold IV / Level 148 player with a Kapkan trap last night. Never gets old, that.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Just wondering is there are any consequnces for Team Killers in Casual Matches?

Ive had alot of games spoiled by these pricks lately... ive reported them all but im wondering if there is a punishment?

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Just wondering is there are any consequnces for Team Killers in Casual Matches?

Ive had alot of games spoiled by these pricks lately... ive reported them all but im wondering if there is a punishment?

"For a first offense, Rainbow Six Siege players will be kicked from a match in Casual but will also earn a 15-minute ban and a 50 percent renown penalty for 30 minutes in Ranked. Starting with the second offense, trolls will be banned for 30 minutes from matchmaking and this period will grow longer if the gamer continues to kill more team members.

Ubisoft states that once a gamer starts getting suspended for long periods of time, each duration will be handled on a case by case basis depending on the “severity of the behavior.” Ubisoft added that a permanent ban is possible if someone continuously causes trouble for their own team"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Logged in last night for the 1st time in ages, only 9K renown so cant get any new operators lol. Game still takes a while to match make taught that would have been well sorted.

Will try to get back into this was lvl 117 when I stopped.....now everyone is 150+ LMAO.

Matchmaking was slow last night but in general its pretty fast these days

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Will try to get back into this was lvl 117 when I stopped.....now everyone is 150+ LMAO.

Ah here...im still only lvl 55.
    Ffs I better put more hours in!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Ah here...im still only lvl 55.
    Ffs I better put more hours in!!!

noob :D

Meh, your actual rank is irrelevant.

Don't like that they reset it.

I was Gold I and reverted to Bronze IV after the new season!

Its not all important but a high rank usually means you aint gonna get flashbanged or C4'd by your own team mates lol.

Generally you seem to have a good idea how to play. ;)

• Advertisement

Corvo wrote: »
    Don't like that they reset it.

I was Gold I and reverted to Bronze IV after the new season!

No I meant the rank number, not your ranked-mode rating.

The ranked mode rating is IMO a bit nonsense. Your initial rank (gold, silver, bronze etc) is pure luck depending on how you do in the 10 games. If you play with guys who aren't good then moving up the ranks is a relatively slow process cause you're going to start low.

The way the points are done is too simplistic. Losing a match shouldn't automatically mean you get negative points and winning shouldn't automatically mean you get positive.

Losing 5-4 while getting 11 kills, rescuing the hostage twice and preventing a rescue should still see you get positive points and move up.

So just scrapped enough up for one of the new operators. I am thinking capt birdeye(Capitao or whatever) over the silent witch....any ideas?

Or blow the load on skins and lucky charms.....PMSL

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So just scrapped enough up for one of the new operators. I am thinking capt birdeye(Capitao or whatever) over the silent witch....any ideas?

Or blow the load on skins and lucky charms.....PMSL

Just blew my last 25k renown last night also, finally got Valkyrie.

I bought Capitao myself, but found his weapons very hard to control.

Capitao's crossbow is brilliant because of the area of effect. Very useful for shooting under doors and in windows. His LMG is pretty hard to control.

Caveira is decent but her main purpose (interrogation) is pretty difficult to use. You need to be fortunate enough to come across a lone enemy, down them and then have the time to actually interrogate.

Capitao's crossbow is brilliant because of the area of effect. Very useful for shooting under doors and in windows. His LMG is pretty hard to control.

Caveira is decent but her main purpose (interrogation) is pretty difficult to use. You need to be fortunate enough to come across a lone enemy, down them and then have the time to actually interrogate.

Thinking of running the PARA with an ACOG and putting on a single shot rate of fire. Still his weapons have quite the recoil. Like that he has grenades too, he's a good operator for clearing out buried in defenders.

Yea I use him a lot on attack these days. He is perfect if there is someone holed up and you don't think you'd be able to safely get them with bullets, just fire an arrow in that general direction and they'll have to move (or die).

I've got loads of kills with the crossbow now.

Looking forward to see how much they nerf the semi-auto shotguns, as they really have come to dominate the game.

who has semi auto shotgun, sounds like something i could do with

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    who has semi auto shotgun, sounds like something i could do with

Pretty sure Kapkam has one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I think they need to limit the shotguns per team. Sometimes I think the game should be called Rainbow 6 Shotguns.

Entire teams running around with shotguns is very annoying. Especially when you are wounding them but they still get the kill.

Advertisement