Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Twitch Drone in the prep phase 0_o

2 shields for blackbeard....fcuk off!!! lol

Only 150HP rather than 800HP so a better chance at destroying one now. Anytime I played as Blackbeard I never had the shield destroyed on me so at least it should balance him out now.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Zen 2nd wrote: »
    Only 150HP rather than 800HP so a better chance at destroying one now. Anytime I played as Blackbeard I never had the shield destroyed on me so at least it should balance him out now.
    His shield was a joke and worst of all when you hit his shield it shows hit markers on your screen which was really confusing. At least now the hit markers make sense.

Blackbeard was probably the most frustrating operator to defend against.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not a big fan of Twitch having a shock drone during the prep phase, changes the whole meta with regards getting your defenses ready, which was after becoming a bit of problem anyway, with so many players roaming. You will most certainly have to assign a player to take that drone out immediately, as losing Bandit traps / Mute jammers will be very frustrating. Also seems it will reduce the popularity of Thatcher.

Glad to see Blackbeard get a shield and recoil nerf, he needed it.

Think that fourth camera for Valk should have remained, it was vital for covering your back when roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Twitch's buff in a way gives Mute a buff - Counter Twitch's prep drone with well placed Mute Jammers, but them to the left or right inside & beside the door and not outside it or on the threshold as it will just get shocked, but having the jammer inside will stop the drone before it can even reach the door due to the jammer signal going through walls. If you're a bandit, IMO you shouldn't be putting down batteries until the prep phase finishes anyway.

Extremely delighted about BlackBeard nerf, it was well needed. He had a 100% pick rate in Pro League and practically dominated.

Glad to see Castle got a slight buff with the Impact Grenades. I think he needs an extra reinforced barricade though and they need more melee hits & Glaz shots to destroy.

What I'm most happy about is the shield clipping issue being fixed that allowed people to shoot/melee through shields. It's been an extremely frustrating time being a shield in Season 3 so far.

Surrender bug not fixed until 4.3 which is a major let down, ranked is basically unplayable at the moment.

Ok, downloaded the patch last night and gave the new elements a try.

Impact Grenades

I like them, and I like the fact they have removed Nitro in place of them. I found it to be particularly useful with Smoke, as I always run the FMG-9 with him. For example I was playing on Presidential Plane and we were defending Staff Section. They pushed from the front the plane and I was able to go to the top floor, blow both hatches very quickly up there using the impact grenades and secure two kills. Didn't find them as useful on some walls as they are a bit random with regards the size of the hole it makes, though I didn't test them a lot to be fair. They do about 40HP damage approx for a direct hit on 2 armor operators, though you really would only be throwing them as a last resort, or in retreat.

Big thing here is that shields are coming back into play, a small bit. Think the overall game could still do with losing a nitro or two.

Twitch

Not an operator I ever really ran, but my goodness is she useful now. Causes havoc in the preparation phase, and can remove every camera, especially in tight maps like Favela. Really brings Valkryie in the frame, as they may be your only way of viewing the enemy team if the attackers have a decent driver of the shock drone. Obviously you would only want to be deploying those cameras after you destroy the first drone, but the fact that Valk has lost a camera and Twitch has another opportunity to use her second drone to remove those also, means that defence has seen a bit of a nerf. Twitch, between two drones, has up to 30 shocks to administer. If you are playing ranked, get that bloody shock drone and get it quick.

Claymores

Kept forgetting about these and think they will only mainly be used by Thermite anyway, as Glaz isn't a popular operator in his own regard. Did see a couple of team mates use them to good effect to cover doorways and windows that defenders often pop out of to take out rappelling attackers. Think main door in Consulate, main door in Bank and far window when attacking Coast Guard office on Kanal.

Blackbeard

Will only be useful to the skilled players, he's seriously nerfed between the shield which I broke in a few shots and his added recoil. That's a good thing. Still satisfying to kill, mind you :pac:

I never play Doc, so can't comment on his new addition. Hearing good things about the muzzle break too, especially for pistols, which again helps shields.

Overall, a decent patch.

• Advertisement

Shields are definitely improved, was able to play Montagne was usual without being cheated of being killed/knifed through the shield.There was still an odd issue of clipping though.

I agree with Corvo, Muzzle break improves pistols noticeably. Although I would still prefer a compensator over it for high rate of fire weapons.

I love the utility of the impact grenades, they're so much better for making holes between bomb rooms rather than using up a C4. However I've found the damage of them inconsistent. I died to one of them being Montagne, I took 70 damage when it was thrown right at my shield but when I threw one at a Thermite hitting him right in his chest he only took 50HP damage.

Claymores have been extremely useful, they've already prevented lots of defenders trying to run outside to flank etc. Really good for house especially if you put one outside bathroom windows or the office when trying to take the Garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Grenades are useful for Rook got a few kills by making holes with them.

Claymores are excellent in Consulate but used inside, same with oregon and russian place. Really can stop a roamer.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

IMO the impact grenades aren't great. They don't do enough damage to be useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

awec wrote: »
    IMO the impact grenades aren't great. They don't do enough damage to be useful.

I think they are used more to give a tactical advantage rather than straight kills. For instance in the kids bedroom on house I use them to make holes between the workshop room and the bedroom so we have line of sight with any attacker that attempts to jump into the room to begin securing.

I think they are used more to give a tactical advantage rather than straight kills. For instance in the kids bedroom on house I use them to make holes between the workshop room and the bedroom so we have line of sight with any attacker that attempts to jump into the room to begin securing.

Why not have a team member use a shotgun? Reason I say that is that because I thought them more useful in a quick situation where more than one enemy is behind a wall and you need to pop it open in one sudden sweep and take them out.

• Advertisement

I used them each time during the round on walls i left un-metalled.

Very useful.

Had to laugh last night playing as Doc and shooting myself up to 120 health and running out through a breached hole shouting ROIDDDDDDD RAGGGGEEEEEEE.

... I died almost instantly in a hail of bullets :eek:

• Can't believe I haven't played this in 10+ months.
    Not sure why I didn't keep playing it. Pvp doesn't grasp me all that much anymore but the coop was a blast.
    Has the game improved since release?
    Think it was failsafe and logick I played with the last time.

Starter edition is back.

http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-starter-edition-is-back-but-only-on-uplay/?utm_content=buffer71f83&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Only on Uplay so no clue what means for Console.

If I was a betting man....which I am....I reckon season 2 is coming rather than Rainbow Six 17.

If season 2 comes to pass with more ops and maps I would welcome this, it is still a fcuking savage game.

dreamers75 wrote: »

If I was a betting man....which I am....I reckon season 2 is coming rather than Rainbow Six 17.

If season 2 comes to pass with more ops and maps I would welcome this, it is still a fcuking savage game.

I'm pretty sure Season 2 has been a given, they were doing surveys for feedback of what players would want for a Season 2 and some official posts hinted at "upcoming" or "future" seasons.

I've gotten nearly as much playtime out of Siege than any other game in my lifetime of gaming, I'll be paying for a Season 2 Season Pass once it drops.

Cravez wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Season 2 has been a given, they were doing surveys for feedback of what players would want for a Season 2 and some official posts hinted at "upcoming" or "future" seasons.

I've gotten nearly as much playtime out of Siege than any other game in my lifetime of gaming, I'll be paying for a Season 2 Season Pass once it drops.

Agreed, even though all operators etc. are easily earned anyway, I would have bought the season pass had I known how much I would enjoy the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i love this game more now than ever, I'm actually dreading battlefields release cause i dont want everyone to stop playing :(

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i love this game more now than ever, I'm actually dreading battlefields release cause i dont want everyone to stop playing :(

I think it will be a good thing when the annual sh*tfest of COD and Battlefield come out.

All the youngsters will piss off to play that and hopefully the community will improve

Maybe so, its certainly a decent community as far as fps games go, the odd chap acting the bollox

Just wondering if anyone is still playing this regularly?

Operation Red Crow (or the Japanese operator DLC) has been announced and leaks have confirmed two new operators -

- One can blow impact grenade style holes in reinforced walls
    - One has a flying drone
    - Map is a restaurant

The game is continually supported and I believe that whilst the COD and Battlefield games will effect the community, that it will remain an extremely popular shooter.

• Advertisement

Did they say when it would be released?

Getting stuck into battlefield at the moment but will certainly be dipping back in when im over the initial excitement

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah Siege has taken a backseat to BF1 lately

Footage of the new map here

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Adventagious

Can't....stop....playing....Overwatch....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

That looks cool. Its a shame season pass is so expensive and I never sow it on sale. Its like they are selling you free to play game and a full game should be its a season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lads is there any chance of this being on sale again this black friday? Last year, I think the full game and DLC was as low as €40. If it pops up again do you think its worth jumping on? I know everyone here loves it, but is it a bit late for a noob to be coming on board?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lads is there any chance of this being on sale again this black friday? Last year, I think the full game and DLC was as low as €40. If it pops up again do you think its worth jumping on? I know everyone here loves it, but is it a bit late for a noob to be coming on board?

Would be surprised if it's on sale black Friday as i think it was down to €20 last weekend. Definitely not too late to get in on it though, even without the season pass it's well worth getting.

yeah id say get it, its an experience that you wont get from any of the other shooters, looking forward to getting back on for this dlc

That looks cool. Its a shame season pass is so expensive and I never sow it on sale. Its like they are selling you free to play game and a full game should be its a season pass.

40 for the game and 20 for the season pass, both last year.

Over 300 hours played, I got my monies worth.

One of the best FPS games around

• Advertisement

There is absolutely no need for the season pass in this game. All maps and operators are free. Well, you have the buy the operators with in game currency currently but they are all accessible.

Advertisement