Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Dont understand me wrong, its really good game. I love it. Great crack. Its just for me personally it feels like ftp grind to get operator. Their prices are high.

At the same time I still got respect to them for having all that content open to get by just playing. Dont take me "cheap as gamer" style of life lately to be as an attack on this really good game.

I just would love to see season pass to be around 20eu on sale and I jump on it. 40eu for it feels a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have the season pass and could still buy every operator and new one with change.

I just bought diamond skins lol and still have 60k renown left.

edit I paid 16 for the season pass???? on G2play or something.

fcuk that for 40 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The Vanilla operators are cheap as chips to buy.

Its the dlc operators that cost 25k a piece which are the expensive ones. I build up 25K really fast in the game itself. The gas thing is you might not even like any of the DLC operators. I only rarely use them.

Be selective with the DLC operators you buy. Watch vids and see if one pops out that you'd like to use and purchase that operator. I like having to build up money to buy operators. It gives me a sense of purpose. I wouldn't even call it grinding because I am never really focused on the currency. It just builds up while I enjoy playing the game.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There was an all-time peak of concurrent users of 50k on PC last weekend according to Ubi. After the free weekend and sale numbers still around 40k, higher than the game was at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

even with the sale its surpising to see it peak with BF1, titanfall & cod just released. Bodes well for its future I guess

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Zen 2nd

They announced there will be a 2nd year of content so it shows that the game still has a healthy following.

Assuming we have to buy another season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I would see will they drop the season 1 operator dlc prices to regular operator prices. I don't play enough or am not good enough to get enough renown for those guys. I still haven't unlocked all the base operators

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Assuming we have to buy another season pass.

Of course, it was always listed as "Year 1 pass" or such.

Wonder how long they can add more and more before the engine needs an overhaul. Or be more adaptable for using the PS4Pro and Scorpio to enhance the graphics.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Of course, it was always listed as "Year 1 pass" or such.

Wonder how long they can add more and more before the engine needs an overhaul. Or be more adaptable for using the PS4Pro and Scorpio to enhance the graphics.

Did the consoles get the ultra HD 4k texture pack?

I think the engine is fine now, it was a bit wonky in the beginning, this is the type of game that a mapping tool would be awesome for.

• Advertisement

PATCH 5.0 notes explained.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Definite improvement in the netcode in general, I don't feel as frustrated playing compared to last season.

The only major issue I can see is that using Echo's charge burst on operators affects their orientation and being able to do some actions. As an example on your screen you may be facing forward as usual but on another players screen you are facing 90 degrees away etc. I've been shot through Montagne's fully extended shield because on the other players screen I was facing away and not towards them. This has resulted in people being killed by operators who are facing away rather than at them as well.

The map is probably the best DLC map to date and the new operators are great, again though I think the defender is better than attacker.

Cravez wrote: »
    Definite improvement in the netcode in general, I don't feel as frustrated playing compared to last season.

The only major issue I can see is that using Echo's charge burst on operators affects their orientation and being able to do some actions. As an example on your screen you may be facing forward as usual but on another players screen you are facing 90 degrees away etc. I've been shot through Montagne's fully extended shield because on the other players screen I was facing away and not towards them. This has resulted in people being killed by operators who are facing away rather than at them as well.

The map is probably the best DLC map to date and the new operators are great, again though I think the defender is better than attacker.
    I had just given up on the game because of all the BS netcode issues in the previous season but I am back playing and enjoying it.

I am not happy with the direction the maps are going in though. They keep making the maps more complex. I think the vanilla maps are far better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Only issue I have with the new operators is that there has been another large helping hand to attackers, whilst I feel defenders are weakened again.

If you are on a competant team, with Hibana, Buck, Ash and Thermite you can cause some serious environmental damage, including to a large number of reinforced walls.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

So they patch Frost's shotgun for having ridiculous range and then a few months later introduce a shotgun that can one shot at double the range frost's ever could.....

Mickeroo wrote: »
    So they patch Frost's shotgun for having ridiculous range and then a few months later introduce a shotgun that can one shot at double the range frost's ever could.....

Who's shotgun?

Patch 5.1 drops today (on PC anyway), I think it's just operator/bug/level fixes.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Who's shotgun?

The new defender, forgotten his name. It's crazy good.

Both Echo and Hibana have access to the same shotgun so at least it's not restricted to Echo only.

Both Echo and Hibana have access to the same shotgun so at least it's not restricted to Echo only.

Yeah I was wondering was it the same one, I used Hibana's assault rifle when I played as her though. It seemed pretty decent too.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It may as well be a rocket launcher for the damage it does. Getting nailed with it quite a bit, one hit kill from miles away.

awec wrote: »
    It may as well be a rocket launcher for the damage it does. Getting nailed with it quite a bit, one hit kill from miles away.

I haven't used it myself but will give it a go and see what it's like. If it is indeed overpowered I would imagine it will get the same nerf treatment as shotguns already have.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The new defender, forgotten his name. It's crazy good.

I was just laughing thinking about some of the newer operator names. I can never say them correctly in a party so I have my own naming convention for them.

Caveira >> Sneaky Bitch.

Capitão >> Cappuccino.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Anyone still playing this for the PS4? Just recently bought it and are playing with randoms but no one ever seems to have a headset :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Anyone still playing this for the PS4? Just recently bought it and are playing with randoms but no one ever seems to have a headset :(

Unfortunately, no headsets or lack of communication is a real problem when playing with randoms. All I could advise is getting players from here (or Reddit).

An even worse problem is getting a group with headsets and mics and they don't shut up!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Corvo wrote: »
    Unfortunately, no headsets or lack of communication is a real problem when playing with randoms. All I could advise is getting players from here (or Reddit).

An even worse problem is getting a group with headsets and mics and they don't shut up!

Yup, have to stay away from ranked until I find a squad to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

I'm going to give this another go tonight its been months if anyone here is still playing psn-Irishranger1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Playing late on PC every night, Add IrishRook on steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

Ps4 player here, gold 4, and would like to squad up to get to diamond.

Psn is in my name :)

• Advertisement

Playing last night vs a team of level 250 plus players who used every possible exploit available to try and win.

Playing in the dock map and they had players at every possible peek hole to get outside kills.

Rules of Siege:
    If your gonna be a dick and go outside, we gonna be dicks and go outside.

Advertisement