Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Playing last night vs a team of level 250 plus players who used every possible exploit available to try and win.

Playing in the dock map and they had players at every possible peek hole to get outside kills.

Rules of Siege:
    If your gonna be a dick and go outside, we gonna be dicks and go outside.

Takes of lot of skill to spawn peek but god, I hate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

I'm not long playing the game and I haven't played ranked mode yet but if anyone wants to squad up, my PSN is: the-domonator

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, they got season 2 pass. Its 30eu. Am I right to say that you dont get season 1 stuff with it? Or you get all season 1 stuff and then season 2 stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Season 2 only as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Guys, they got season 2 pass. Its 30eu. Am I right to say that you dont get season 1 stuff with it? Or you get all season 1 stuff and then season 2 stuff?

Only season 2 content. If you already own the season 1 pass, then you'll receive an extra 600 R6 Credits (1200 in total) when you buy the year 2 season pass before next February. The year 1 season pass is still available for purchase in case you still want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Legionn_of_Dan

Hi all,

I picked up Rainbow Six Siege the other day and every time I go to play it, I have serious server connection problems. Either it doesn't connect at all or it connects after a few retries then drops.

No other internet problems with games or devices. Has anyone else suffered these problems recently or is it a local problem for me i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hi all,

I picked up Rainbow Six Siege the other day and every time I go to play it, I have serious server connection problems. Either it doesn't connect at all or it connects after a few retries then drops.

No other internet problems with games or devices. Has anyone else suffered these problems recently or is it a local problem for me i wonder?

Enable Upnp on your router or open the ports required here:

https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/Faqs/000023138/Connectivity-issues-in-Rainbow-6-Siege

Taking ages to find games tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah I am trying to get back into it as I have not played it since Frost and Buck where available, jaysus my head was wrecked there 10 mins ago had to turn it off.

Doesnt look like its much better since launch with the matchmaking??

How can they be looking for money for a season pass 2 and the game still like this.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah I am trying to get back into it as I have not played it since Frost and Buck where available, jaysus my head was wrecked there 10 mins ago had to turn it off.

Doesnt look like its much better since launch with the matchmaking??

How can they be looking for money for a season pass 2 and the game still like this.

Its quite rare for this to happen nowadays, ranked matchmaking is fine casual is taking an age tho.

Ubi having issues all week.

https://twitter.com/UbisoftSupport/status/807326048874622976

• Advertisement

There is no real point playing ranked unless all are on comms and know each other, randoms are brain dead most of the time in this game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

There is no real point playing ranked unless all are on comms and know each other, randoms are brain dead most of the time in this game.....

This is a reason why people don't Join up and expand the player base. This is a game you need to play alot. Learn the maps, loadouts, tatics, if you are late to the game then why bother because established players will either Kick you or quit match making if your level isn't up to scratch. And then complain why you can't get a game..

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

15 or so of us playing regularly we always have 5 for ranked on TS.

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    This is a reason why people don't Join up and expand the player base. This is a game you need to play alot. Learn the maps, loadouts, tatics, if you are late to the game then why bother because established players will either Kick you or quit match making if your level isn't up to scratch. And then complain why you can't get a game..

Dont know if this is directed at me personally but I am rank 129 (and thats not having played in months) so well able to play in games I get in, and the only maps I dont know are the last 2 ones as they are new.

I never vote kick anyone as the game does have a steep learning curve unless they kill hostages or team kill....

I am complaining about the match making system that has in fairness being BRUTAL since launch and has not been sorted even though its one of the worst things about the game. Its not uncommon to try at least 5 times waiting at least 60 sec for a connection......thats bull****.

Maybe it does have its good days but in the last week I have played 3-4 times and always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Haven't played in a while but matchmaking hasn't been an issue for me for a long time, since one of the early patches

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Haven't played in a while but matchmaking hasn't been an issue for me for a long time, since one of the early patches

Maybe the XB1 servers are better then the PS4 servers?

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Maybe the XB1 servers are better then the PS4 servers?
    Could be, I play regularly on xb1 too and haven't had any matchmaking issues since the early issues around release time.

Totally agree on the matchmaking issue, it's slow and unbalanced. And don't get me started with the game popping you into a matches in progress...

Corvo wrote: »
    Totally agree on the matchmaking issue, it's slow and unbalanced. And don't get me started with the game popping you into a matches in progress...

Ohh yeah that is a right pain in the hoop, especially as most of the time its a blank screen with the sound. Would not be half as bad if you could watch the game!!!!

I wonder what the numbers are playing on PS4 as opposed to XB1 for server load?

Ohh yeah that is a right pain in the hoop, especially as most of the time its a blank screen with the sound. Would not be half as bad if you could watch the game!!!!

I wonder what the numbers are playing on PS4 as opposed to XB1 for server load?

That is most definitely a bug which they have so far failed to address.

I see from their mid-season reinforcements preview that Tachanka is getting a buff. I can only imagine that it is a shield on the front of the weapon. However, regardless of how much they buff him, I don't think he will be an operator that I will ever use.

There is also meant to be four tweaks to existing operators - and rumours are that Hibana will see a slight nerf with regards her ability to blow reinforced floor hatches with one round from her X-Kairos, which I think is fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Corvo wrote: »
    There is also meant to be four tweaks to existing operators - and rumours are that Hibana will see a slight nerf with regards her ability to blow reinforced floor hatches with one round from her X-Kairos, which I think is fair.

It is crazy that she can open up to 3 roof hatches with the gun and the defenders can do nothing to stop it.

Blackbeard after getting a HUGE nerf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Anyone got a link to the patch notes? Away from the PC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Seems to be the big parts of it:
    -Tachanka got buffed and gets a shield on his LMG, it has 500hp. l
    -Blackbeard his shield gets destroyed in 1-2 bullets now, ADS is also slower. (Shield previously had 150hp, now it has 60hp)
    - Fuze now has three cluster charges and more range (the range of his cluster grenade has been increased from 2.5m to 4.2m, 4.2m not being lethal)
    - Bandit gets a fourth battery (previously three)
    -Glaz his OTs-03 got buffed (less recoil, faster ROF, extra mag)
    - Smoke his canisters get thrown further now. (More like grenades)
    - SMG buffs, less recoil. (UMP, Frost's 9mm, FMG-9 and Cav's M12)
    -Shields can absorb explosives way better. (Impact grenades or way less powerful, Nitro cell won't kill you if you are facing it.)
    - Free map: Bartlett University

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Seems to be the big parts of it:

RIP Blackbeard...

After I just f*ing bought him and everything

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Glad to hear that nitros won't kill shield players if they are facing the right way, that was always a serious oddity IMO. The damage done to players by nitro never tallied with the damage it does to the surrounding area.

Blackbeard is effectively useless now. I thought he was fine with the previous nerf.

Tachanka will still never be used. Too easy to drone him out, even with the shield, and his gun can't swivel 360.

FUZE!!!!!!!!!!!

So many hostages will needlessly die with that update.

Blackbeard seems to have been nerfed just on the basis of what the ESL players have said (KixStar is a very prominent and vocal critic). I think that's a pity, as in general every day play on casual and ranked, he was a tough opponent but hardly impossible to defeat like he was when he had an unbreakable shield, before the previous nerf. Oh well, RIP. His pick rate is going to plummet.

The Tachanka and Glaz buffs won't matter to most. Tachanka is still stationary, and a well placed bolt from Capitao will have him scrambling. Though I imagine in a handful of situations in casual, he will be able to lock down a certain hallway etc. Saying that, I can't see why I would pick him over the raft of other operators who offer far more utility in the current meta - i.e. Rook, Jager (now that Fuze has additional cluster charges), Smoke (now that shields are able to absorb damage from nitros, he becomes even more viable), Mute (Hibana/Thermite) and Bandit (same as Mute).

The detailed patch notes on the 15th or so, should reveal more.

I think they sort them by playtime/selection and the ones at the top get nerfed and ones at the bottom boosted.

I dont disagree with that as it keeps things from going stale.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That's what, three patches in a row they've nerfed BB? He seemed pretty well balanced after the last one.

Advertisement