Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's what, three patches in a row they've nerfed BB? He seemed pretty well balanced after the last one.
    I agree. They might as well change his special ability to tactical flower arranging at this stage.

I'll see how it plays out but I am guessing that his nerf will be rolled back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

anyone still playing this regularly on xbox?

I'm only lvl 43 at the moment so still playing casual but finding it hard playing with randomers sometimes

My GT is Dunworth1

dunworth1 wrote: »
    anyone still playing this regularly on xbox?

I'm only lvl 43 at the moment so still playing casual but finding it hard playing with randomers sometimes

My GT is Dunworth1

I just picked this up.

Have it installed but haven't played it yet.

It'll take me a bit of time to learn the maps etc but I play a lot of shooters so I won't be a noob too long :D.

GT: GilbertoGalway

I'll add you but just throwing that for anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its a great game but a pretty steep learning curve mate, no more run and gun. Its a case of slowly slowly catchy...err.....shotgun to the head.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its a great game but a pretty steep learning curve mate, no more run and gun. Its a case of slowly slowly catchy...err.....shotgun to the head.

but once you get used to the style its an amazing game much better than any other fps out at the moment

ive added you back Gilberto i'll be on this evening/night

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Ive always preferred the Arma type shooters anyway than the run and gunners.

The only reason I held off getting it was because I'd no headset and I felt it would be pointless without.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I hope the season 2 operators dont verge the sci fi way like echos does

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Corvo wrote: »
    Blackbeard seems to have been nerfed just on the basis of what the ESL players have said (KixStar is a very prominent and vocal critic). I think that's a pity, as in general every day play on casual and ranked, he was a tough opponent but hardly impossible to defeat like he was when he had an unbreakable shield, before the previous nerf. Oh well, RIP. His pick rate is going to plummet.

The Tachanka and Glaz buffs won't matter to most. Tachanka is still stationary, and a well placed bolt from Capitao will have him scrambling. Though I imagine in a handful of situations in casual, he will be able to lock down a certain hallway etc. Saying that, I can't see why I would pick him over the raft of other operators who offer far more utility in the current meta - i.e. Rook, Jager (now that Fuze has additional cluster charges), Smoke (now that shields are able to absorb damage from nitros, he becomes even more viable), Mute (Hibana/Thermite) and Bandit (same as Mute).

The detailed patch notes on the 15th or so, should reveal more.

He got nerfed because he had a 100% pick rate and a massive win rate + a massive K/d rate. He was supremely op, then a bit op, now he can take one or two head shots only which is fair

I am noticing a lot more people picking Tachanka since he got the shield.

Funny enough I think his buff is back firing. The amount of times I have made my way into an objective and mounted his gun with the shield up is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

And Fuze is a top pick now.

So a balanced attacked is Thatcher, Fuze, Thermite, Sledge and a shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

As much as I enjoy this game it can be very frustrating with how people carry on. Played 4 games last night, one guy decided to kill the whole team from the off twice. waste of time, then I wasn't playing great in one game and they kicked me, this is in casual mode. Pretty annoying when I'm just trying to enjoy the game and am not level 100+ like others.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    As much as I enjoy this game it can be very frustrating with how people carry on. Played 4 games last night, one guy decided to kill the whole team from the off twice. waste of time, then I wasn't playing great in one game and they kicked me, this is in casual mode. Pretty annoying when I'm just trying to enjoy the game and am not level 100+ like others.

I've noticed this also quite a lot of people are very "pro gamer" and get very bad over small things in casual.

I've been kicked a few times at the start of the round simply because my rank isn't high enough

This on PC?

Havent seen anything like that, on occasion I have seen the idiots TK but its always on the other team.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    This on PC?

Havent seen anything like that, on occasion I have seen the idiots TK but its always on the other team.

xbox for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭psnKOB79LFC

I've noticed this also quite a lot of people are very "pro gamer" and get very bad over small things in casual.

I've been kicked a few times at the start of the round simply because my rank isn't high enough

Stick with it, ranked is much better than casual because teamkilling is dramatacally less

Stick with it, ranked is much better than casual because teamkilling is dramatacally less

The problem with ranked is you really need a regular team to do well
    which is providing difficult to procure

The problem with ranked is you really need a regular team to do well
    which is providing difficult to procure

It you ever see me online just drop me a message.

I still haven't played it yet but if anyone's on I'll jump on.

Epic ban wave on PC just there.

Will post a video of the roll of honour later, easily a few thousand players banned.

Epic ban wave on PC just there.

Will post a video of the roll of honour later, easily a few thousand players banned.

Brillant :D

• Advertisement

Ha ha, my favourite screenshot from the images of people banned :D

Ik6PKdf.png

Here is a video of it happening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Unfortunately, due to the game going on sale and the Christmas period, a raft of new players have arrived and diluted the player base. Just for the record, I'm never ever against this in general, but it has brought more problems. More teamkilling, more mistakes (Fuzing rooms full of team mates) and more toxic chat, comments etc over the mic.

Hopefully it will ease again soon, as it's a fantastic game, probably one of the best FPS games I've ever played. But every evening it takes me about 30 mins to finally get a game in casual. Ranked unfortunately is still broken and see disconnects more often than not. And as anyone knows, against a semi decent side, going down 4v5 usually means a loss so in a way Ranked has also become diluted as the Gold+ players are avoiding it.

Unfortunately, due to the game going on sale and the Christmas period, a raft of new players have arrived and diluted the player base. Just for the record, I'm never ever against this in general, but it has brought more problems. More teamkilling, more mistakes (Fuzing rooms full of team mates) and more toxic chat, comments etc over the mic.

Hopefully it will ease again soon, as it's a fantastic game, probably one of the best FPS games I've ever played. But every evening it takes me about 30 mins to finally get a game in casual. Ranked unfortunately is still broken and see disconnects more often than not. And as anyone knows, against a semi decent side, going down 4v5 usually means a loss so in a way Ranked has also become diluted as the Gold+ players are avoiding it.

At least 10 of us play every night on PC so pretty much always have a full team or 2. If you want to join,more than welcome.

Been over a year since I played on my own.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Were the people banned for glitching the season pass without paying for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I picked it up over Christmas myself but haven't had a chance to even look at it yet, but I am somewhat put off by a notion of a hostile community to newcomers. I dont know If I'll ever get around to playing it, but the videos and stuff that I've seen have me curious , It was only 11 euros so no major harm done If I dont like it I suppose.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I picked it up over Christmas myself but haven't had a chance to even look at it yet, but I am somewhat put off by a notion of a hostile community to newcomers. I dont know If I'll ever get around to playing it, but the videos and stuff that I've seen have me curious , It was only 11 euros so no major harm done If I dont like it I suppose.

It's not hostile to newcomers, it's hostile to people who act the dick when playing it.

Most of the stuff is just common sense, don't shoot your team mates and remember that explodey things will kill team mates and hostages too. Also remember if you have the defuser in bomb mode you should plant it if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

At least 10 of us play every night on PC so pretty much always have a full team or 2. If you want to join,more than welcome.

Been over a year since I played on my own.

I'm afraid I've not yet switched to the master race (and believe me, id love to!)

Just to the other poster - I really don't want to come across hostile to new players, but it's a game that relies heavily on communication even for the best of the best, so new players should make an attempt to communicate as the whole round can swing on the actions of a new player picking a vital operator and then using him incorrectly. I can guarantee that most players will give advice, point to the wall they want breached or an emp thrown at and that alone can show you a skill that you previously didn't have. In casual, yes certain things can be forgiven, but ranked it's a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

There is a high percentage of "Forrest Gumps" playing this.....however if you have a group you play with all the time the game is awesome. I would love to have it PC but I aint buying it twice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm afraid I've not yet switched to the master race (and believe me, id love to!)

Just to the other poster - I really don't want to come across hostile to new players, but it's a game that relies heavily on communication even for the best of the best, so new players should make an attempt to communicate as the whole round can swing on the actions of a new player picking a vital operator and then using him incorrectly. I can guarantee that most players will give advice, point to the wall they want breached or an emp thrown at and that alone can show you a skill that you previously didn't have. In casual, yes certain things can be forgiven, but ranked it's a pain.

wasn't directing anything at you dude, just a general vibe I've picked up in browsing reddit / posts on here. It seems like a lot of the vets dont want to deal with n00bs on the team. (which in fairness, is entirely understandable).

Advertisement