Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

wasn't directing anything at you dude, just a general vibe I've picked up in browsing reddit / posts on here. It seems like a lot of the vets dont want to deal with n00bs on the team. (which in fairness, is entirely understandable).

You'll be mostly matched with other people who are just starting the game so I wouldn't think too much about it.

R6 is the best shooter I have played in many years. The tension is crazy in some games. You don't really get the same reward in Battlefield or Call of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

some of the headshots are BS thou...

as it happens both ways i won't overly complain but irritating when it happens when on the receiving end.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Laviski wrote: »
    some of the headshots are BS thou...

as it happens both ways i won't overly complain but irritating when it happens when on the receiving end.

Especially with Blitz...

Corvo wrote: »
    Especially with Blitz...

Whats up with blitz?

Haven't seen anyone pick him in a long time. Montagne however is back in fashion :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Montagne is great to use for cover now that he can't just be nitro'd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

One of the bannable hacks was for Blitz firing his entire mag with one button press.

A macro or script or something.

Have been on the end of it before, death screen shows 10 bullets fired instantly and empty gun. In case you wondering how to spot it.

Whats up with blitz?

Haven't seen anyone pick him in a long time. Montagne however is back in fashion :D

His head hit box is far too large still.

Monty is great laugh now, I just casually stroll in pinging enemies and watching them drop from team mates behind me.

Have noticed an increase in the ability to connect to squad mates since the last patch.

Even after doing the usual:

restart game
    restart uplay
    reboot router
    turn off the lights and back on again
    light some incense
    open and close the front door

I would hope with the success of the game they would do a bit of a code rewrite and fix the UPNP/port issues.

Bet this guy hates me. Random shot through the wall just checking if someone was there :eek:

dc5hfwy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Bet this guy hates me. Random shot through the wall just checking if someone was there :eek:

hax10179622_lrg.jpg

• Advertisement

My longest standoff against Montagne and his shield.

This guy was trying to surprise us with a leap out the window attack too bad EVERYONE knew he was coming :D

Uf40mkZ.gif

When you flush the enemy into your team mates Fuze :pac:

Ub7jdbV.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally decided to give this a go, have completed all the situations and did the college assault one as well. Made a complete pigs Mickey of that by falling off the roof before I ever saw an enemy. The second go round, we managed to get through it but I was pretty low on health.

Hopped in to one multi-player match to see what online is all about - is teamkilling at the spawn a common enough thing? Happened several times, both to us and the opposition. I can see that there's a pretty big learning curve on the proper pvp, 2 rounds I was shot through minute gaps in the scenery (when not being killed by my own team)

Finally decided to give this a go, have completed all the situations and did the college assault one as well. Made a complete pigs Mickey of that by falling off the roof before I ever saw an enemy. The second go round, we managed to get through it but I was pretty low on health.

Hopped in to one multi-player match to see what online is all about - is teamkilling at the spawn a common enough thing? Happened several times, both to us and the opposition. I can see that there's a pretty big learning curve on the proper pvp, 2 rounds I was shot through minute gaps in the scenery (when not being killed by my own team)

Its hard, try to play with as many mates as possible. You can play the final Situation with squad mates by starting the mission and during the cutscene escape and invite your mates, they will complete it with you rather than randoms.

New map teaser.

http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-teases-rainbow-six-siege-dlc-operation-velvet-shell/

Hopped in to one multi-player match to see what online is all about - is
    teamkilling at the spawn a common enough thing? Happened several times, both to
    us and the opposition

Unfortunately, yes. Especially in Casual. I don't think it was as bad a few months ago, but since the sale all manner of idiots have joined the community. Ranked will be better, but I wouldn't advise jumping in until you have better map knowledge. If it happens again in Casual, just leave immediately, report the player and start again. Don't bother putting up with it.
    I can see that there's a pretty big learning curve on the proper pvp, 2 rounds I
    was shot through minute gaps in the scenery (when not being killed by my own
    team)

There is a huge learning curve, but once you get past that the rewards are amazing, probably the best I've ever come across in any game. Again, map knowledge will help you with the above problem. Learn those kill holes and how they used them to get an angle on you. Use the Custom Map option to jump into a game on your own and walk around the area and learn it.

In ranked this season we have had loads of problems with smurfs.

There is at least 2 smurfs in every ranked game. It's affected our ranking a great deal. Always a high plat team we have all been knocked back to Gold due to smurfs. Then we are getting messages saying we are a smurf team because we destroy gold level teams.

Many people are pointing at the stupid gun charm you get for being diamond ranked at the end of the season. Many people reach diamond and then create a new profile so they don't lose their diamond rank and claim the silly gun charm at the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

whats a smurf?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

IvoryTower wrote: »
    whats a smurf?

Person with a high rank who makes a new account so they get matched up with low level players.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i stopped playing it before xmas,incredible game and one of my favourite mp shooters ever but the spawn killers ruined it,sick of reporting them too... should be autokicked/banned as no one accidentally kills a team mate at the spawn point,i hope they do something about it as im holding off getting this years season pass because of it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

bigphil2 wrote: »
    i stopped playing it before xmas,incredible game and one of my favourite mp shooters ever but the spawn killers ruined it,sick of reporting them too... should be autokicked/banned as no one accidentally kills a team mate at the spawn point,i hope they do something about it as im holding off getting this years season pass because of it..

I remember once I meant to pick up the armour plating, pressed wrong button, dropped c4, went to pick it up, detonated it......that was embarrassing*

I may of been drunk

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I remember once I meant to pick up the armour plating, pressed wrong button, dropped c4, went to pick it up, detonated it......that was embarrassing*

I may of been drunk

Oh ive been there,thats a mistake,but i talking about lads opening up as soon as the games starts..i dont see the point of it,unless its kids just trolling but surely there should be some way to stop it,it ruins the game..

bigphil2 wrote: »

One of my Xbox friend/ teamate dropped his controller at the very start of the round. Perfectly headshot 2 of us lol.

I think they should be tracking team kills as a stat across all games. A team killing muppet would have 50+ team kills easy. At a certain amount they should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

One of my Xbox friend/ teamate dropped his controller at the very start of the round. Perfectly headshot 2 of us lol.

I think they should be tracking team kills as a stat across all games. A team killing muppet would have 50+ team kills easy. At a certain amount they should be banned.

50+ can be easy to get to in a few hundred hours, Montagne done do left im shooting that corner, c4 thrown(b4 patch) cue montagne dropping shield and running into a head shot

50+ can be easy to get to in a few hundred hours, Montagne done do left im shooting that corner, c4 thrown(b4 patch) cue montagne dropping shield and running into a head shot

Obviously tracked over a certain period of time. Certainly not over hundreds of hours. These lads cant keep it in their pants for 2 seconds of most rounds so 50 team kills would clock up ultra fast.

Obviously tracked over a certain period of time. Certainly not over hundreds of hours. These lads cant keep it in their pants for 2 seconds of most rounds so 50 team kills would clock up ultra fast.

It definitely takes me a good half hour to end up getting a decent game where you don't have team killing or a bunch of new players blowing up the hostage.

Corvo wrote: »
    It definitely takes me a good half hour to end up getting a decent game where you don't have team killing or a bunch of new players blowing up the hostage.

Most times I play in a group of 5 so it doesn't effect us. Although saying that some teams we play explode into team kills when things are not going their way.

Sometimes I might play a few casuals by myself and then I really see how bad it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Most times I play in a group of 5 so it doesn't effect us. Although saying that some teams we play explode into team kills when things are not going their way.

Sometimes I might play a few casuals by myself and then I really see how bad it is.

we failed to find the bomb in the opening section last night, as soon as the game started, the highest ranked fella in the team wasted the rest of us.

I'll have to admit, i did headshot a teammate when we were 2 v 1, but in my defense, he walked in front of me when I was obviously engaging a fella through the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I deserve to be shot at the best of times but thankfully it hasnt happened much since my first few weeks of grinding

• Advertisement

Apt video :)

Advertisement