Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I just started playing this week.
    Really cool game. The learning curve seems pretty steep though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I just started playing this week.
    Really cool game. The learning curve seems pretty steep though!

Its not too bad, its just learning the maps and how to use the tools available to you to get an advantage over your enemy. When you pull of a kill through a wall because you used your drone to peak and they were non the wiser is when you really start enjoying the game :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Another small patch for PC out today, last time this happened EPIC ban wave came straight after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Been playing a bit more of this, I'm beginning to see the attraction, when fellas aren't acting the mickey and actually work together its very good. Takes a while to switch the brain over from 'call of duty / battlefield' mode, and concentrate more on finding sneaky positions / lines of sight.

was watching a few youtube vids as well, and theres some amazing depth to it, seeing a guy knocking holes in a series of walls so that you can kill a fella three rooms away was eye opening!

my own highlight so far was getting a triple kill with fuzes charge, they must have all been standing on the other side of it!

my own highlight so far was getting a triple kill with fuzes charge, they must have all been standing on the other side of it!

Last year people figured out the bounce of the grenades and it was possible to sit in a room in absolute safety whilst it went off.

Not so much now :D

My best was a team wipe in Kanal Radio room.

2nd favourite was last night in Airplane basement Secure, they had Tachanka and Brazilian bitch in the corridor and Jaeger. I broke into the hidden corridor and fuzed behind them. Always love when teams leave that open :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

There can be some really great heartstopping moments.

I had my first 1v5 ace the other night, nearly wrecked the room when I killed the last guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Corvo wrote: »
    There can be some really great heartstopping moments.

I had my first 1v5 ace the other night, nearly wrecked the room when I killed the last guy.

My first one. My hands were shaking after it. I didn't even notice how well I was doing. If I did I probably would have fudged it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Brilliant. Agree with the shaking hands. Its no wonder I always play this when having a few beers, helps with the nerves!

If there is enough here on PC, myself and a few others would play a match VS.

Roamers beware :D

This looks awesome and extremely lethal to that Brazilian bitch!!!

The other ummm spanish operator, cleans foot prints....

[IMG][/img]1ihaxq.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator

• Advertisement

Had the day to myself today, so found a noob friendly post on the Xbox LFG and ended up with 4 Dutch lads who were kinda crazy but in a good way! Language gap notwithstanding, they showed me a good few tactics for using shields and also how to better make use of traps and barricades. Managed to unlock another 4 operators and break level 10 so that's not a bad days work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

This ****ing game :mad:

5PuaGvs.jpg

KonFusion wrote: »

5PuaGvs.jpg

Wow, only wait up to 3 minutes and then re-search. Is your NAT open?

Try do ranked with 4 others if possible.

KonFusion wrote: »

5PuaGvs.jpg

youre a more patient man than me. If i dont have a match in 2 minutes I back out and start again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I'm looking forward to having a few games of this again, I haven't played in a long time but just checked and I have clocked up more than 3 days on it when I was playing, then I see Failsafe has clocked up more than 36 days :eek:

tony1980 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to having a few games of this again, I haven't played in a long time but just checked and I have clocked up more than 3 days on it when I was playing, then I see Failsafe has clocked up more than 36 days :eek:

36 days? :eek:

I've been informed that I'm going out to dinner with the wife on saturday night, so it'll be a friday night of gaming if you're around. I hope you've a big backpack for carrying me!

tony1980 wrote: »
    Yep, I was shocked myself when I seen it a few weeks ago. That makes it my most played multiplayer game ever. Beating Call of Duty 4.

If you have it on steam you can check your steam playtime vs your in match time on the ubi website. Mate has 750 hours in Steam and 440 in game so thats 310 playing menus or lobbies(since day 1).

New Operator Mira has a bulletproof window that can be placed into reinforced walls.

haufo8geu5dy.gif

That will be handy on Airplane :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

There is a free weekend this week for anyone interested. Im downloading now cant wait to play tomorrow.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    .... new operator

That will be handy on Airplane :)

Long gone are the days when you'd kill an attacking teams Thermite and think grand... they aint gettin in.

uhh actually Mira is an attacker with Jackal a defender?

It made sense the other way around :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

uhh actually Mira is an attacker with Jackal a defender?

It made sense the other way around :confused:

nope defender, i think she will put up a one way bulletproof window, so you can see enemies coming but they cant see you

nope defender, i think she will put up a one way bulletproof window, so you can see enemies coming but they cant see you

That makes sense but PC gamer and others are reporting that she is an attacker.

Find out morrow I suppose.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I was really confused cause I thought she was just putting a hole in the reinforced walls, but a bulletproof one-way window makes much more sense.

Not sure what I think of footprint bloke, I guess he'll be like Caveira with a time-limited ability but it seems like it might encourage attackers to waste time tracking down roamers rather than focusing on the objective.

awec wrote: »
    I was really confused cause I thought she was just putting a hole in the reinforced walls, but a bulletproof one-way window makes much more sense.

Not sure what I think of footprint bloke, I guess he'll be like Caveira with a time-limited ability but it seems like it might encourage attackers to waste time tracking down roamers rather than focusing on the objective.

I dont think it'll encourage people to track down roamers, if that was me, I'd make the team aware of any visible footprints, ie, Footprints leadfing up stairs, Keep an eye on stairs while i set charges. Plus the whole season 1 load out for chars is male with assault rifle, attacker, female with smg defender

s male with assault rifle, attacker, female with smg defender

uhh wut ? :confused:

uhh wut ? :confused:

de wimmins get a small gun coz der little arms?

de wimmins get a small gun coz der little arms?

In the last year every new character set up was male attacker with assault rifle, female with smg, i expect the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Downloaded trial, people kept kicking me from group before round even started and this was in casual. I presume they took one look at my level and said "no way pal", as these guys were all mostly 50+. I had 2 games but the wait time to get into a game was nuts

Advertisement