Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Downloaded trial, people kept kicking me from group before round even started and this was in casual. I presume they took one look at my level and said "no way pal", as these guys were all mostly 50+. I had 2 games but the wait time to get into a game was nuts

yeah, I had that my first few games as well. you'd be as well off trying to use a LFG or 'looking for group' thing.

I've a feeling this weekend will probably be a bit of a car crash with constant teamkilling / rushing etc.

but yeah, it can be rough playing solo. I got headshotted by a teammate for putting a castle barricade somewhere he didnt approve of.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Amazing amount of smurfs playing the last 2 days.

Easily spotted tho.

Last night vs 3 smurfs they tried to run out every single time and we were waiting for them, killed them every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Is there not a bracket system where they group people by exp level or MMR?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Downloaded trial, people kept kicking me from group before round even started and this was in casual. I presume they took one look at my level and said "no way pal", as these guys were all mostly 50+. I had 2 games but the wait time to get into a game was nuts

Sorry to hear that, can be a right pain. Hopefully you keep going, I think you'll find an amazing game at the end of it. I got teamkilled yesterday (I'm level 116 - Gold) as I didn't get the final kill in a 1v5. I had killed 4 by the way. Just some dickheads on there, but that's the internet for you.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Amazing amount of smurfs playing the last 2 days.

Easily spotted tho.

Last night vs 3 smurfs they tried to run out every single time and we were waiting for them, killed them every single time.

Yeah, Xbox is having similar problems due to the ease of setting up another account. Seen a level 14 yesterday who was wiping the floor on his own.
    Is there not a bracket system where they group people by exp level or MMR?

Yes, in ranked only I believe. Casual is a free for all.

Corvo wrote: »

Yes, in ranked only I believe. Casual is a free for all.

I'm hoping to hit level 20 over the weekend and check out ranked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'm hoping to hit level 20 over the weekend and check out ranked.

You can try ranked as long as one of your group is level 20+

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

On there now for a few games on the Xbox

tony1980 wrote: »
    On there now for a few games on the Xbox

I was on earlier and the servers went down, are they back up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I was on earlier and the servers went down, are they back up again?

Sorry Stone, only seeing your message now. They were fine from 10.30 last night when I tried but I headed off early anyway.

tony1980 wrote: »
    Sorry Stone, only seeing your message now. They were fine from 10.30 last night when I tried but I headed off early anyway.

No worries, should be on tomorrow evening if all goes well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Confirmed jackal attacker, with a sawn off as a secondary!!

Mira one way mirror confirmed, also has a sawn off. HIbana and thermite needed to break window

Xy2cfpig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Played there for the first time in ages, new level is cool. Bit if team killing going on, sooner free weekend over the better. Is there ever any discount on the season pass?

I'm in an Indian restaurant at the moment and found myself looking at the walls and thinking which ones are breakable and which aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

redesign of the menu UI on the way

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Helloooooo Diamond rank!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

I've become too frustrated with this game to play it lately. Found myself playing ranked and coming away every time feeling angry - which kinda defeats the purpose of playing a game for fun :)

I feel like it's missing the gameplay mechanics to really make it good.

The biggest thing I wish for is some gameplay mechanic that abandons the game in ranked if somebody quits - like in CS:GO.

I've gone from Gold to Bronze because I've had half my team in ranked abandon the game, yet I have to keep playing anyway only to inevitably lose and be demoted in rank. It's really made me loathe playing ranked, and I've reached a point where I don't really enjoy casual anymore.

After getting to level 85 and putting in many hours, it's really disappointing.

Edit: They also need to fix the ranked bug for new players. I had 3 people on my team in ranked the other day who were all level 1. Obviously we lost.

I think I'll be restricting my play from here on to playing with a team of friends, or not at all. It's a shame.

Roamers are fecked :D

I came in to say how much I'm loving being back playing it and fuse just blew up our whole team, and we were attacking ha.

• Advertisement

KonFusion wrote: »
    I've become too frustrated with this game to play it lately. Found myself playing ranked and coming away every time feeling angry - which kinda defeats the purpose of playing a game for fun :)

The biggest thing I wish for is some gameplay mechanic that abandons the game in ranked if somebody quits - like in CS:GO.

I've gone from Gold to Bronze because I've had half my team in ranked abandon the game, yet I have to keep playing anyway only to inevitably lose and be demoted in rank. It's really made me loathe playing ranked, and I've reached a point where I don't really enjoy casual anymore.

Edit: They also need to fix the ranked bug for new players. I had 3 people on my team in ranked the other day who were all level 1. Obviously we lost.

I think I'll be restricting my play from here on to playing with a team of friends, or not at all. It's a shame.

I know what you mean. The problem with other fps games is it doesn't feel like it matters a **** what happens. I've gone through bf, cod & titanfall in the last 6 months and after a few weeks I'm just going through the motions where for instance today in r6 I was actually shaking after a game, planted a bomb 4 v 1, killed the 4 of them, and I'm ****e so that was glorious. It has plenty of flaws but it's certainly the closest thing to the perfect fps for me that's around

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Xy2cfpig.jpg

Those last stats are fairly damning. They show how infrequently people actually play the game mode, the overwhelming majority of games just being team deathmatch.

awec wrote: »
    Those last stats are fairly damning. They show how infrequently people actually play the game mode, the overwhelming majority of games just being team deathmatch.

not really you on bomb, you set the charge, and wait in ambush, clear all defenders, you win even though planting the charge is what caused the rush and ended the game you win by defenders dying

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

We play most nights as 3/4 or man, just hit us up on Steam instead of u****eplay :D

Ranked is totally broken, and pretty much disconnects every game, for either you or a team member. How it is still in Beta one year on I'll never know.

Some changes from the latest patch -

•IQ has grenades, Claymore for capitao instead of grenades

•Mira gadget can be destroyed with the Twitch drone (It destroys the little gas canister below the window.)

•New twitch headgear

•Mira: Deployable Shield, C4

•Jackal: Flash, breach charges

•Vector has no ACOG

•Jackal can scan the footsteps and see which operator left those footprints, then the operator gets spotted like with a drone

•Jackal has 3 charges to spot with his gadget

•Caveira's footsteps can't be seen from Jackal if she is in silent step

I don't get the logic behind removing Capitao's grenades, he was overpowered but was always an excellent pick.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I guess with the flaming arrows and the grenades he had too much AoE ability.

Anyone on later, xbox, add gunnerdrog if you fancy a game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Anyone on later, xbox, add gunnerdrog if you fancy a game

what time? ive added you there

• Advertisement

Nice one. I'd say from half 8

Advertisement