Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looking for an opinion gents,

I've enough credit in my microsoft account to buy either the season pass for year 2, or alternatively, credits to unlock 6 of the season 1 dlc operators.

I've all bar 3 of the original operators unlocked, and should have that done for the weekend if I get a bit of uninterrupted gaming.

so what do ye reckon - season pass, credits, or neither - just play away with existing ones and git gud / grind for reknown?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Looking for an opinion gents,

I've enough credit in my microsoft account to buy either the season pass for year 2, or alternatively, credits to unlock 6 of the season 1 dlc operators.

I've all bar 3 of the original operators unlocked, and should have that done for the weekend if I get a bit of uninterrupted gaming.

so what do ye reckon - season pass, credits, or neither - just play away with existing ones and git gud / grind for reknown?

Who are the three you don't have unlocked?

I am thinking go for the 2nd year season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

id go with season 2 and save up for the rest

I should be on a bit this weekend xboxers

Who are the three you don't have unlocked?

I am thinking go for the 2nd year season pass.

just on checking, its actually 4, but i've 1700 renown so a daily mission will sort one of them.
    I'm missing:

Thatcher
    Glaz
    Twitch
    Jaeger

just on checking, its actually 4, but i've 1700 renown so a daily mission will sort one of them.
    I'm missing:

Thatcher
    Glaz
    Twitch
    Jaeger
    Ah, okay. Buy the season 2 pass. You'll easily get money quickly enough to buy the others. Buy Glaz last.

Snap in Ubisoft club and there are more R6 challenges that can be set to give you more renown.

• Advertisement

Ah, okay. Buy the season 2 pass. You'll easily get money quickly enough to buy the others. Buy Glaz last.

Snap in Ubisoft club and there are more R6 challenges that can be set to give you more renown.

yeah, thats what I'm thinking, If i get the season pass, I can unlock the extra 2 challenge slots in the standard window. I've been using the ubisoft club ones all along, its been a good help.

ive never even looked at the daily missions, no wonder i take so long to unlock them

IvoryTower wrote: »
    ive never even looked at the daily missions, no wonder i take so long to unlock them

There are 2 methods. Daily challenges and Ubisoft club challenges. Both give about a 150 renown per completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Season pass people get 5 daily missions so we piss tru renown.

Some of the ops above are key players in a good team mix , thatcher is vital imo.

I only ever really pick 4 ops. Rook/Frost - Sledge/Fuze

Odd time I would mix it up and when new ones come out I will em for a while.

I can see Mira being picked a bit more by me cos that vector is awesome.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm missing:

Thatcher
    Glaz
    Twitch
    Jaeger

Thatcher - meh, I never play him. Not as useful as he used to be.
    Glaz - meh, has limited use. Fun on casual on some maps.
    Twitch - very good, unlock next
    Jaeger - has a good gun, anti-grenade ability is useful on some game modes.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Thatcher - meh, I never play him. Not as useful as he used to be.

:confused:

Absolute must have, he ensures Thermite/Fuze and Drones work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    :confused:

Absolute must have, he ensures Thermite/Fuze and Drones work.

Jager is a must on every team.

Awesome weapon, 3 speed, ACOG, counter to Fuze

Jager is a must have too but not for his gadget tho, for the Acog and Speed and is possibly the best roamer due to it.

I pick Fuze a lot and Jagers gadget is next to useless against the charge, i primarily fuze to wreak devestation and open up holes, take down other gadgets. Kills with the fuze are a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is there a renown boost this weekend?

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Renown boost is currently active (I'm playing the PS4 version). Anyone up for some games today? My PSN is: the-domonator

IvoryTower wrote: »
    DeSelby83 wrote: »

Nope

Sorry there wasn't last night, not sure otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Renown boost is currently active (I'm playing the PS4 version). Anyone up for some games today? My PSN is: the-domonator

I am back playing this mate, I will add you today.

Have to say I am a bit of a paper weight at the minute not playing anywhere near what my rank is LOL but I am slowly getting back into it.

Have to learn the border, boat and now the new ibiza maps and its a pain in the hoop.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I am back playing this mate, I will add you today.

Have to say I am a bit of a paper weight at the minute not playing anywhere near what my rank is LOL but I am slowly getting back into it.

Have to learn the border, boat and now the new ibiza maps and its a pain in the hoop.

Sound. Yeah I've only been playing it on PS4 for a few weeks but I'm getting the hang of it. The biggest issue I have with the game is that hardly anyone uses a headset.

Sound. Yeah I've only been playing it on PS4 for a few weeks but I'm getting the hang of it. The biggest issue I have with the game is that hardly anyone uses a headset.

Yeah to be honest its not worth playing with a headset with random people as they dont even talk about the game, or just act the gob****e......

When I am playing with people I know I deffo use a headset and you will get more kills and points talking with even one other player. Plus the craic is great even if playing bad.

I have this game since day one and was involved with the beta and I have NEVER played it with 4 people on a mic.....Id say its brilliant if you could do it all the time. And you would learn so much off each other too boot.

Only thing is and its a huge flaw, but the matchmaking is still absolutely terrible on the PS4 it has not improved at all since I first start playing the game and its incredibly frustrating and alot of the times I just turn the god dam game off.

Take today for example, I tried 10 times to see if I could get a MP game going and 8 of the games still did not join after 5mins, and the other 2 joined a game in progress and a blank screen with sound!
    There is no way I am sitting there for 5 mins at a time for a MP game, its just stupid to be honest.

But they release all this new UI etc and fancy operators and cant get the matchmaking working its not good enough and I would not buy any new DLC because of it. I paid full price for the original game and about 2 months later it was 29.99 or some**** because the player base was falling big time. Fix the game and the player base will improve.

RANT OVER!

• Advertisement

Playing the other night and this happened, shame its not from Scraps point of view.

Because we have no clue how they got hostage out, Scrap was in the room, the guy who did get the hostage out was level 140 or thereabouts.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Yeah to be honest its not worth playing with a headset with random people as they dont even talk about the game, or just act the gob****e......

When I am playing with people I know I deffo use a headset and you will get more kills and points talking with even one other player. Plus the craic is great even if playing bad.

I have this game since day one and was involved with the beta and I have NEVER played it with 4 people on a mic.....Id say its brilliant if you could do it all the time. And you would learn so much off each other too boot.

Only thing is and its a huge flaw, but the matchmaking is still absolutely terrible on the PS4 it has not improved at all since I first start playing the game and its incredibly frustrating and alot of the times I just turn the god dam game off.

Take today for example, I tried 10 times to see if I could get a MP game going and 8 of the games still did not join after 5mins, and the other 2 joined a game in progress and a blank screen with sound!
    There is no way I am sitting there for 5 mins at a time for a MP game, its just stupid to be honest.

But they release all this new UI etc and fancy operators and cant get the matchmaking working its not good enough and I would not buy any new DLC because of it. I paid full price for the original game and about 2 months later it was 29.99 or some**** because the player base was falling big time. Fix the game and the player base will improve.

RANT OVER!

I agree with you completely, the game still has issues with matchmaking that tbh, I don't think they will truly fix. And there seem to be a lot of trolls too, I've been team killed numerous times by idiots (usually very high ranked players) who must feel insulted that they have to play with low level peasants.

I used to play Siege on the PC but I only play on PS4 now as I bought the console before Christmas so I figured buying Siege would mean that I would get some use of it. But Holy Jaysis the console community is toxic.

Some days you're the nail, but every once in a while, you get to be the hammer

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/screenshot/5728819

Got a good run at this today and absolutely loving it. I think I was being a little too timid up to now, I was inclined to turtle up inside the objective rather than actively seeking to move outside it and put myself in a flanking position.
    Now that I'm starting to understand the map layouts a bit better I don't feel quite as afraid of the unknown around every corner.

Bit the bullet on the season pass too, and only have glaz and blitz left to unlock.

Some days you're the nail, but every once in a while, you get to be the hammer

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20xb/screenshot/5728819

Got a good run at this today and absolutely loving it. I think I was being a little too timid up to now, I was inclined to turtle up inside the objective rather than actively seeking to move outside it and put myself in a flanking position.
    Now that I'm starting to understand the map layouts a bit better I don't feel quite as afraid of the unknown around every corner.

Bit the bullet on the season pass too, and only have glaz and blitz left to unlock.

Glaz is very underrated I feel, he is excellent to use starting off as only 2 shots needed to kill (1 to the head obviously) and can be done from a distance.

And on the open maps he can be brilliant, close quarters can be more difficult. Blitz I would not be too bothered about never use the shield players, very situational different in RANKED PLAY with a strategy however.

I have Caveria and Echo left to unlock and thats me, no more DLC for me. As I take it you cant unlock the 2 new operators unless you buy the new DLC.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Playing the other night and this happened, shame its not from Scraps point of view.

Because we have no clue how they got hostage out, Scrap was in the room, the guy who did get the hostage out was level 140 or thereabouts.

Looks so much better and fluid on PC, and the accuracy with the KB and Mouse is right up my street.

Poxy console controllers.....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Anyone on Xbox tonight? First two games tonight was randomers team killing, so frustrating!

tony1980 wrote: »
    Anyone on Xbox tonight? First two games tonight was randomers team killing, so frustrating!

Might get a quick game or two in, give me about ten minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

me and my mates had the unfortunate experience of meeting cravez in our first games for a few months...it went...poorly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

me and my mates had the unfortunate experience of meeting cravez in our first games for a few months...it went...poorly

To be honest I wasn't really playing well myself, the others were more doing the main work, I only started back playing on the weekend after a month or two of a break. The rustyness is there after not playing for a while but I find it easier to get back into than some other games once you've had a few games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Cravez wrote: »
    To be honest I wasn't really playing well myself, the others were more doing the main work, I only started back playing on the weekend after a month or two of a break. The rustyness is there after not playing for a while but I find it easier to get back into than some other games once you've had a few games.
    I'm coming from over watch....The sensitivity levels I had in siege......Took about 6 games to sort it out ha ha!

Advertisement