Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I'm coming from over watch....The sensitivity levels I had in siege......Took about 6 games to sort it out ha ha!

Me too, I was playing Overwatch over the month or two break and definitely had to readjust to the sensitivity!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Also has anyone else noticed the game looks a little worse since the newest year/season started? Some things I noticed:
    - Anti Aliasing looks a little worse
    - Textures seem alot less detailed (check Capitao's Iron Mask headgear for a definite result of this)
    - Interiors sometimes have this weird grey shine off them in certain lighting

This is with all the same settings I had previously before the new year/season started,

Some of the lads noticed a massive boost in FPS since they started the new season/year, I haven't noticed as I use V-Sync but I'm wondering if there was some sort of downgrade in the graphics?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Have kept renown aside for the new operators, but Mira really doesn't interest me. Jackal on the hand seems seriously overpowered, so I'll be picking him up. Should come in very handy in ranked play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Splitting multi-region parties when going into matchmaking on PS4 needs to be fixed asap, serious pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I like Mira, she's always picked now. I havent had any joy with Jackal, do you have to find someones footsteps and then it tells everyone where the person is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    I like Mira, she's always picked now. I havent had any joy with Jackal, do you have to find someones footsteps and then it tells everyone where the person is?

Times I've picked Jackal = about 10
    Times Ive seen footprints = 0
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Yeah pretty much and you get 3 shots, it needs to be only 1 and we pick Jackal, he is very OP in his current state. One of us will follow the roamer with our drone then when Jackal gets in he will tag her, its always camera bitch or brazilian bitch.

The graphics have defintley been downgraded on PC.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Cravez wrote: »
    Also has anyone else noticed the game looks a little worse since the newest year/season started? Some things I noticed:
    - Anti Aliasing looks a little worse
    - Textures seem alot less detailed (check Capitao's Iron Mask headgear for a definite result of this)
    - Interiors sometimes have this weird grey shine off them in certain lighting

This is with all the same settings I had previously before the new year/season started,

Some of the lads noticed a massive boost in FPS since they started the new season/year, I haven't noticed as I use V-Sync but I'm wondering if there was some sort of downgrade in the graphics?

Yep. On xbox I actually commented on this last week, it looks a bit old-fashioned in parts.

The heads in the headgear section are especially bad.

You find someones footprints then hold X (or whatever button on ps/PC) to scan them.

That'll then highlight who that player is and their current location. It's not a live location though (so not like Caveira's interrogation), it puts a red marker where they are and refreshes every 10 seconds or something like that. It also alerts the player that they are now being tracked so they can move. It'll refresh their location 3 times.

You can do this on up to 3 sets of footprints. It's quite a lot tbh, I've never actually tracked 3 people in a round, there is never enough time.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Jackal get nerfed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

IQ can track Pulse when he is scanning. We are not sure if that's a new thing or if it's been in the game for a while.

• Advertisement

IQ can track Pulse when he is scanning. We are not sure if that's a new thing or if it's been in the game for a while.

Yeah, that's been there awhile. Do you use IQ much? Her weapons are amazing and the addition of grenades should mean she is a top fragger, but her ability still doesn't bring enough to the team. Yes, she can be a counter to Pulse, but so now is Jackal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Have to say one of the best roamers in the game is Jaeger, stick a surpressor on his gun and he is a beast at roaming....his carbine is animal.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Have to say one of the best roamers in the game is Jaeger, stick a surpressor on his gun and he is a beast at roaming....his carbine is animal.

He's a beast. Put enough distance between you and the attacking team and you likely come out on top. Stick an ACOG on that carbine and you can pick off one or two before they even react.

Corvo wrote: »
    Yeah, that's been there awhile. Do you use IQ much? Her weapons are amazing and the addition of grenades should mean she is a top fragger, but her ability still doesn't bring enough to the team. Yes, she can be a counter to Pulse, but so now is Jackal.

Yea IQ is rarely used. She can spot C4 and kapkans etc but that's fairly useless and it's too much to waste one pick in the chance the defenders have a Pulse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

been around ages,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Miras window break bug is annoying as ****, but i will abse it when im against one

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Miras window break bug is annoying as ****, but i will abse it when im against one

As a Defender knowing about it, you may as well shoot yourself in the head.

3 times yesterday someone ran up and broke the window and was shot instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

I think if you place the window at its highest point based off if you are crouched when placing it or standing when placing it, they then can't brake the canister from outside.

I have always thought her movement speed and weapon are great but I've rarely picked her over other characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

There was a lad in the basement of hereford, lying down behind a shield with Jaeger, who managed to headshot me in the millisecond it took me to peek around the stairwell edge, so I'd well believe it.
    awec wrote: »
    Yea IQ is rarely used. She can spot C4 and kapkans etc but that's fairly useless and it's too much to waste one pick in the chance the defenders have a Pulse.

Good, pulse is fast becoming one of my favourite defenders! cleared two fellas who were about to rappel in through the windows of a building last night and it was most satisfying.

Credit, where its due, siege really gives shotguns the proper treatment. lots of games, they arent very powerful at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You should have to have an IQ higher then a budgie to be able to pick MIRA, the amount of brain dead people who pop it the minute they see an enemy usually 15 secs into the round and most of the time get killed by "said" enemy and then the gaping hole left is just stupid.

Most of the time you are not paying attention to the window coz you are trying to be a good team player over the other side of the room or what ever, then all off a sudden you are watching a kill cam of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

You should have to have an IQ higher then a budgie to be able to pick MIRA, the amount of brain dead people who pop it the minute they see an enemy usually 15 secs into the round and most of the time get killed by "said" enemy and then the gaping hole left is just stupid.

Most of the time you are not paying attention to the window coz you are trying to be a good team player over the other side of the room or what ever, then all off a sudden you are watching a kill cam of yourself.

Ye this happened a few times today. On one occasion, the player using Mira put both mirrors right beside each other lol. I've been using Fuze lately, his buffed gadgets are insanely good right now.

This idea of using Mira where you break the window and start shooting at enemies seems so stupid to me, as you can hear it popping a mile away and anyone with an ounce of awareness will hear it / expect it. I've seen it used so badly already in Casual that I'm wondering if her gadget will get a buff at some stage (perhaps making it quicker to break the window open). I was playing last night and a guy placed both of the gadgets and opened them both in the Preparation phase, allowing for a clear line of sight into the objective. I could have beaten him to death in real life.

The best way I've seen it used to far is to place the Mira on a reinforced wall BESIDE an unreinforced once, don't open it and use the window for information. You then pre-fire the unreinforced wall once you know where the enemy is. In Ranked I imagine you would just use the window for information alone, and relay that to your team.

Mira on outer walls is a disaster usually. Too easy to blow it open with twitch / fired explosives.

awec wrote: »
    Mira on outer walls is a disaster usually. Too easy to blow it open with twitch / fired explosives.

She has brought hope back to defending garage on house :P

I blew the glass and killed 4 of their team preventing them making a successful breach.

When defending garage I find the probability of losing goes way up when the enemy breaches the garage. The mirror is a nice addition IMO, it changes things up.

She has brought hope back to defending garage on house :P

I blew the glass and killed 4 of their team preventing them making a successful breach.

When defending garage I find the probability of losing goes way up when the enemy breaches the garage. The mirror is a nice addition IMO, it changes things up.

Fair play for getting this right and winning the round, basically. However heres how it goes most of the time on Garage -

- Places Mira on either side
    - Pops window
    - Enemies pre-fire window as it pops killing Mira (or whoever)
    - Outside enemies now have a total lockdown on the that section of garage

Infuriating.

Fair play for getting this right and winning the round, basically. However heres how it goes most of the time on Garage -

- Pops window

Infuriating.

Yep.

Attackers have Glaz off in the distance picking off anyone who moves in the garage.

- Pops window

Infuriating.

Basically, dont play with randoms is what you are saying :D

Basically, dont play with randoms is what you are saying :D

Exactly, death to randoms! :)

But enough moaning from me, had some good news from last night. Playing casual with four other randoms and playing bank / secure. Two of the four proceed to act the bollix and team kill, and one other guy just leaves (don't blame him). Myself and the other guy are cleaning up (mind you, we are up against pretty low ranking players) and continue to win. It's 2-2 and one of the TK'ers takes him out for no reason, I take him out and the last remaining Tk'er runs around smashing up my frost mats. I pop him too, I don't care at this stage and somehow I don't get kicked. Thing is the good player left and the two TK'ers don't leave and continue to taunt me as I go up against 1v5. Clutched it and I swear I never laughed so hard down my headset. I'm not proud of it, but I followed up with two messages just to be sure.

Messaged the good player who I hooked up with in ranked and he was excellent. So we will do the same tonight.

The good and bad of the community in one game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Exactly, death to randoms! :)

But enough moaning from me, had some good news from last night. Playing casual with four other randoms and playing bank / secure. Two of the four proceed to act the bollix and team kill, and one other guy just leaves (don't blame him). Myself and the other guy are cleaning up (mind you, we are up against pretty low ranking players) and continue to win. It's 2-2 and one of the TK'ers takes him out for no reason, I take him out and the last remaining Tk'er runs around smashing up my frost mats. I pop him too, I don't care at this stage and somehow I don't get kicked. Thing is the good player left and the two TK'ers don't leave and continue to taunt me as I go up against 1v5. Clutched it and I swear I never laughed so hard down my headset. I'm not proud of it, but I followed up with two messages just to be sure.

Messaged the good player who I hooked up with in ranked and he was excellent. So we will do the same tonight.

The good and bad of the community in one game.

If you're stuck for another person and I'm online playing don't hesitate to invite me GT Penguins Haooo

Sometimes I'm not able to speak but always listening through headset

Advertisement