Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Carroller wrote: »
    If you're stuck for another person and I'm online playing don't hesitate to invite me GT Penguins Haooo

Sometimes I'm not able to speak but always listening through headset

Just checked and we are already friends so that makes things easier!

I'll be on tonight playing Casual, to see what weird and wonderful things the level 3 players bring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Carroller wrote: »
    If you're stuck for another person and I'm online playing don't hesitate to invite me GT Penguins Haooo

Sometimes I'm not able to speak but always listening through headset
    Corvo wrote: »
    Just checked and we are already friends so that makes things easier!

I'll be on tonight playing Casual, to see what weird and wonderful things the level 3 players bring.

Are ye both on xbox lads?

Are ye both on xbox lads?

Indeed!

GT: Corvo4ttano

Indeed!

GT: Corvo4ttano

cool, I might add ye later, I'm on most nights but my times vary wildly. if you see me on and ye're stuck for numbers, feel free to shoot an invite.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

What is with the servers the last few days insane lag last night, could not connect to MP had a few games of TH and the lag was so bad it was really unplayable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's shocking. I have a good internet connection and have flawless online gaming on a range of titles yet for R6S I sometimes can't even connect.

cool, I might add ye later, I'm on most nights but my times vary wildly. if you see me on and ye're stuck for numbers, feel free to shoot an invite.

I plan on blitzing a good few games tonight, so I'll be on from half 7 to half 11 or so. Give me a shout. I'll be playing casual before heading into ranked.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    What is with the servers the last few days insane lag last night, could not connect to MP had a few games of TH and the lag was so bad it was really unplayable.

I got a few games in last night, but there were constant issues with half filled teams at the start of the round / people getting kicked before the match starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I plan on blitzing a good few games tonight, so I'll be on from half 7 to half 11 or so. Give me a shout. I'll be playing casual before heading into ranked.

If I'm on I'll join yis , already have added ya - gunnerdrog

Apart from the usual ****e of disconnects and team kills, really enjoying this.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If you're complaining about lag/connection issues to the servers, the servers are screwed and they know. It's all over reddit and their FB page.

• Advertisement

I really wish they had dedicated servers for this game, UBISOFT are a huge company and this title is a pure cash cow with the prices of in game stuff......this is why I promised myself I would not buy the new DLC with the servers the way they are and they obviously dont give a flying ****.

Using the players to host the game in this day and age is nothing short of brain dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I really wish they had dedicated servers for this game, UBISOFT are a huge company and this title is a pure cash cow with the prices of in game stuff......this is why I promised myself I would not buy the new DLC with the servers the way they are and they obviously dont give a flying ****.

Using the players to host the game in this day and age is nothing short of brain dead.

They have dedicated servers for R6.

Edit: most of my games are played on the Northern EU servers and the Western EU servers.

They have dedicated servers for R6.

Edit: most of my games are played on the Northern EU servers and the Western EU servers.

same, have to like that NEU server with 12ms ping time.

its more the wonky 'match'making that seems off to me. as in theres very little matching, it just picks the first 10 players that are free and lands them all in together, regardless of rank. :eek:

Enjoyed those few games last night, lads.

Pity we got bummed in Ranked, but we go again...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Enjoyed those few games last night, lads.

Pity we got bummed in Ranked, but we go again...

A few more days playing together should help. Map Familiarisation is a big one for me, it's been about 7 months since I last played regularly, not just this game but any game so I am very rusty. Good games though, I enjoyed them.

tony1980 wrote: »
    A few more days playing together should help. Map Familiarisation is a big one for me, it's been about 7 months since I last played regularly, not just this game but any game so I am very rusty. Good games though, I enjoyed them.

Yeah, casual will help with that. I'm still totally lost on the new map and I hate when it comes up on ranked.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

To get familiar with maps play TH Hostage and dont touch the hostage, you can easily clear the map and they wont respawn as long as you leave the hostage alone. You can then free walk tru the map.

Played 3 ranked matches last night and each time vs the same team, fair play to them for sticking at it. Beat them 4-0 each time and got fcuk all rank points.

tony1980 wrote: »

Im still only finding my feet on most of the maps myself, Theres a lot of hatches and stuff that you dont realise are there until you're watching yourself get killed on the killcam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Im still only finding my feet on most of the maps myself, Theres a lot of hatches and stuff that you dont realise are there until you're watching yourself get killed on the killcam.

I am going to watch some videos today to get some ideas if I get time. I need time to try out more operators to see which ones might suit me more. I think once we have an idea of which characters suit us best on Attack and Defend as a team, we will do much better. In fairness, in some of those ranked games, it was usually one player on the other team who was racking up the kills, the others were usually just ok. I saw players making clever use of Sledge the last few days, breaking little gaps above Castle's barricades to pop some shots into a room. I don't remember players doing that in the first few months when it came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Custom match lads and up the timer. Set the new map and have a good look around.

• Advertisement

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

did the shield protect him from the C4?!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Patch went out on PS4 today for NCSA players to fix the party splitting in matchmaking

For a game that I initially got for about 18 euros in the sale, I've since dropped 24 on the season pass, and am very tempted to buy enough credits to unlock all the year 1 DLC operators (about €16).

looks like Ubisoft may manage to get €60 out of me after all.

For a game that I initially got for about 18 euros in the sale, I've since dropped 24 on the season pass, and am very tempted to buy enough credits to unlock all the year 1 DLC operators (about €16).

looks like Ubisoft may manage to get €60 out of me after all.

Nay mate resist, it will give you an incentive to play to unlock the operators. TBH, if you play it enough you rack up the renown very quickly.

Also,

Am I right in saying you can buy the 2 new operators even if you dont have the new season pass???

IvoryTower wrote: »
    did the shield protect him from the C4?!

It does since last patch (same for Blitz), Kapkan did not get that memo :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Nay mate resist, it will give you an incentive to play to unlock the operators. TBH, if you play it enough you rack up the renown very quickly.

Also,

Am I right in saying you can buy the 2 new operators even if you dont have the new season pass???

Yep, 25000 each same as the year one guys.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Also,

Yea but they are expensive (in-game currency wise) and it'll take a serious grind to get enough to buy both each time. I never came close to it.

I stupidly didn't get the season pass in year 1 so I ended up just buying credits to unlock them. I think I only unlocked 2 operators in the entire season with my in-game points.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone else having issues when they quit the game back to desktop on pc, I'm getting a black screen.
    Playing is fine just when I quit to desktop.

• Advertisement

So what is the point in actually buying the new season pass, you dont get the operators for free in that do you? And everyone has access to the new maps, so apart from getting to play the operators for free for 7 days whats the point.....I know I am prolly missing something here but how in ever?!?!?!

Advertisement