Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    So what is the point in actually buying the new season pass, you dont get the operators for free in that do you? And everyone has access to the new maps, so apart from getting to play the operators for free for 7 days whats the point.....I know I am prolly missing something here but how in ever?!?!?!

You get the operators straight away, thought that's all the first season pass was too?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MbECE1z.jpg?1

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

So what is the point in actually buying the new season pass, you dont get the operators for free in that do you? And everyone has access to the new maps, so apart from getting to play the operators for free for 7 days whats the point.....I know I am prolly missing something here but how in ever?!?!?!
    You get the operators for free immediately (everyone else waits a week and has to use credits).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cant believe people dont have all the operators, you know watching the tutorial videos get you enough buy 4 and completing the situations would be another 4. Then maybe 20 hours playtime and should have them all. The extra operators have enough time between to get 50k easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cant believe people dont have all the operators, you know watching the tutorial videos get you enough buy 4 and completing the situations would be another 4. Then maybe 20 hours playtime and should have them all. The extra operators have enough time between to get 50k easily.

Yep, the only ones I am missing are Caviera, Echo and Mira and the reason I haven't bought them is because I don't want them. I still have 28k in renown left and never once used R6 credits. And I've bought a ton load of skins etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

awec wrote: »
    You get the operators for free immediately (everyone else waits a week and has to use credits).

Is it only the 1st two free or all them as an when they unlock....

Corvo wrote: »
    Yep, the only ones I am missing are Caviera, Echo and Mira and the reason I haven't bought them is because I don't want them. I still have 28k in renown left and never once used R6 credits. And I've bought a ton load of skins etc.

I am missing Caviera and Echo aswell, and have just got to 25K so gonna get Jackal. i bought Hibana last week she is good but the gadet takes an age to deploy and explode, Jackal has the best gun in the game by a factory mile (all the best youtubers say so anyway)

I like Caviera but I dont like roaming (dirt at it) so I get her last.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is it only the 1st two free or all them as an when they unlock....

All operators in season 2 as they come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I don't have them all cause I don't do any daily missions and didn't play through the situations, I've no interest to do either unless the Internet stops working

I am missing Caviera and Echo aswell, and have just got to 25K so gonna get Jackal. i bought Hibana last week she is good but the gadet takes an age to deploy and explode, Jackal has the best gun in the game by a factory mile (all the best youtubers say so anyway)

I like Caviera but I dont like roaming (dirt at it) so I get her last.

Yeah, I bought Jackal but haven't used him much yet. His gun feels a lot like Jaegers.

I think you'll love Hibana, she is by far my most played attacker since she came out. Too many people use her to open up one large hole, but I always open three across a large space (in garage for instance) allowing me to holding down that room (especially if you have an ACOG). Her gun is brilliant and flashes are always a welcome. I do find her gadget a bit clunky to use alright, it could do with a buff on the speed it is deployed and triggered.

• Advertisement

Yeah or blow up a hole in the shape of a Z staggered if you will....give you a tad more cover when peeking.

Got my 1st ACE (kill the whole enemy team) today with Thermite off all people, never got an ACE since I played the game from day one.....I was so chuffed. I was the only one left after about 45 secs so I said fook it super aggressive styleeeeeely.

Brilliant.

is there a website for stats?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got my 1st ACE (kill the whole enemy team) today with Thermite off all people, never got an ACE since I played the game from day one.....I was so chuffed. I was the only one left after about 45 secs so I said fook it super aggressive styleeeeeely.

Brilliant.

Its a brilliant feeling. Often been found standing upright, in front of tv taking in the imaginary crowds adoration.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Brilliant.

Nice one. I managed to get my first ace with Fuze yesterday using only his gadget for the kills, it's a good feeling alright.

The best Ace is whe you are 1 v 5.

The feeling of judgement from your team mates turns to this when kill the last guy casually reload and just walk off....

giphy.gif

I actually like that this game is more about Win/loss than KD.

https://r6stats.com/stats/uplay/kdjac/casual

Also looking at this website reminds me I should pick more operators.

I have never picked Capitao, ever :confused:

https://game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us/uplay/player-statistics/ff3bec88-6e71-4f0e-b2db-2627d0176cd8/multiplayer

I dont know if them stats are accurate tbh, and when you look at them and see something you are not happy with you end up changing your style of play. Mine didnt seem consistent with my style of play (BADLY LOL)

This is the best tip I have seen in relation to the whole game and has 1000% helped me get more kills, it relates to when you are peeking around a corner. Most people stay right beside the door/wall etc and hug it real tight, but the way the game is done and the 1st person camera means that your vision means you "THINK" you are just about peeking but to the other person (enemy) your whole side either left or right is sticking out unknown to you as on your screen you are not even seeing around the corner with your eyes, therefore making it easier to detect you or start hitting you first and with the damage output in this game thats just not good.

What the top players on UTOOB (Matimio and Serenity) are doing is taking 3-4 steps back from the door/wall and peek, that way you are getting the same view but nothing is exposed at all, try it the difference is amazing and you will get a hell of alot more kills and not be exposed at all.

My stats for ****s and giggles

https://r6stats.com/stats/ps4/wonda3oy

60% win rate - K/D of 1.45. - 2102 kills and 1445 deaths and logged 152 hours in the game and level 125, seems like I have kills a hell of alot more people in a year lol.

Bare in mind I have not played the game in about 2-3 months up until a week ago.

Would love to see Matimio or Serenitys stats.....cant seem to find them online. Serentiy is just another level all together and seems like a nice dude too boot.

• Advertisement

It says you have 5 kills in ranked?

Says I don't exist, probably accurate to a lot of my rounds

IvoryTower wrote: »

I dont play ranked, I think I had 2 matches IIRC. I never had a group to play it with on mic and I aint being cannon fodder for others I tell ya that.

I dont play ranked, I think I had 2 matches IIRC. I never had a group to play it with on mic and I aint being cannon fodder for others I tell ya that.

I have played it loads on my own, obv better with a group but still worth playing over casual a lot of the time. Warm up in casual then away you go. If you're playing on a team of 3-4 in a party they'll often invite you

Maybe yeah, might give it a whirl. I did get invited the other day from a few division heads but low and behold after two tries to connect I left and went back to casual.

It's different animal, a lot less messing, quiting, roaming, easy kills, teabagging, team kills, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Hey Wonda-Boy... I think I just played a match against you!

I dont get players playing this on their own, we had 15 on tonight in 3 5 man teams playing ranked/casual. If i go to play this if there isnt enough of us playing I just simply wont play.

This is not a lone wolf/randomers game, i can see why people who 1st play it like instantly dislike it. You are most likely going to get 5 roamers.

Not everyone has people to play with let alone 15. I'd still play this game if I didn't have people to play with, its hands down my fave shooter

Not everyone has people to play with let alone 15. I'd still play this game if I didn't have people to play with, its hands down my fave shooter

I still play games with people from "boards.ie" from 17 years ago( dreamers my 2nd account), more than enough people here on whatever format to play with.

We used to have a tactical shooter forum on boards, this would be the most talked about thread if it was still here. RIP tactical shooter forum.

What I am saying is there are plenty of people on here to play games with :)

• Advertisement

Maybe he's really annoying :)

Advertisement