Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Funny I dont see MATCHMAKING on that patch anywhere.......?????

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Funny I dont see MATCHMAKING on that patch anywhere.......?????

:eek::eek:

Or Hibana's charges just deciding not to explode :mad:

Going on until about 11 lads (or until I run out of wine) if yer about

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

IvoryTower wrote: »
    this happened to me yesterday, had to close the game and reopen it, glad its fixed so

Me too, had to do a hard reboot to fix mine

Was having a good game at the time too, typical

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Playing the game on and off since open beta, still a great game but the camera drones ruin the game for me personally.
    Yeah its a cool gadget and offers something different in a flooded MP fps market but I think the game would be all the better with fewer gadgets but that's how they continue to churn out more operators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Dcully wrote: »
    Playing the game on and off since open beta, still a great game but the camera drones ruin the game for me personally.
    Yeah its a cool gadget and offers something different in a flooded MP fps market but I think the game would be all the better with fewer gadgets but that's how they continue to churn out more operators.

It makes it very hard to camp when you can be droned out which makes it more interesting that 4 lads in a room lying in each corner waiting for their moment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

50% renown boost for the next 7-days, all platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I'll be on Xbox tonight fo sho

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

IvoryTower wrote: »
    It makes it very hard to camp when you can be droned out which makes it more interesting that 4 lads in a room lying in each corner waiting for their moment

Agreed but I prefer using my noggin than a gadget, then again I'm just old school :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I barely use the drones outside of the scramble at the start (unless I'm playing Twitch of course).

• Advertisement

That Twitch drone drives me insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Corvo wrote: »
    That Twitch drone drives me insane.

I absolutely hate it when they wait for you to be in the fortification animation putting up the barracades so they get 2 easy shots!!!!

If you wanna be good at the game you have to maximise everything to your advantage so drones, outer cameras, sounds etc. Its just far to tactical to wing it especially up against a good squad, then again it depends how you wanna play the game. If you just on for a blast so be it but when I am playing I am gung ho to win.

i love using twitch, it is painful when someone is good with it, similarly painful when they kill your twitch before you've even got a shot off

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Adam1100

maximoose wrote: »
    50% renown boost for the next 7-days, all platforms

That's fantastic I just turned on my 24 hours boost last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The drones are essential anyone not using them consistently is losing more often than not.

In ranked if you are not using drones and comms I wouldnt even bother playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nothing better than making someone panic out of their decent position after they get scanned, drones are great.

Carroller wrote: »
    I'll be on Xbox tonight fo sho

pretty sure ill be on tonight

maximoose wrote: »
    Nothing better than making someone panic out of their decent position after they get scanned, drones are great.

Baiting people with drones is a solid tactic, it makes them move or even look away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Im having a great time with twitch. Ive started to follow Caveira and zap her. Shes normally killed then by the lads busting in. Nice assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Great craic tonight, went from bronze 1 up to silver 2 tonight.... and then back to silver 4, got a bit of a whipping in the last round but still loads of fun. Plenty to be learned from watching your enemies killcams. Got taken out off my rappel on bank from a window that I didn't even know was there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Got taken out off my rappel on bank from a window that I didn't even know was there.

scissors-cutting-knot-22265523.jpg

Got taken out off my rappel on bank from a window that I didn't even know was there.

Some people go into the foyer and shoot rappelers on the windows.

Pulse is good for that.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Some people go into the foyer and shoot rappelers on the windows.

Pulse is good for that.

yup, thats exactly what happened.

Had to turn it off early last night. Had one of those moments in a 1v1, where I shot an outline of a guy with a full clip without hitting him once and lost the game. Felt like that guy in Pulp Fiction trying to shoot John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson.

yup, thats exactly what happened.

Its all about learning :D

We have started to to bring Buck into the game more as we have found certain rooms in levels can be accessed from from not obvious places.

Ie if they are in laundry room in Oregon go to the 1st floor and you can shoot down the stairs.

If in the kitchen on Kafe walk halfway up the stairs and shoot above the reinforced metal for kills into the kitchen.

Any recommendations on the next operator I should unlock?

have 600 r6 credits so can do one immediately, and I'm about halfway to being able to do one with renown.

I'm not massively into roaming, so caviera isn't appealing.

was considering buck and frost, but not necessarily in that order. No one seems to pick echo or capitao, so I'm guessing they're not great, and blackbeard seems good but has apparently been toned back a bit in recent patches.

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

have 600 r6 credits so can do one immediately, and I'm about halfway to being able to do one with renown.

was considering buck and frost, but not necessarily in that order. No one seems to pick echo or capitao, so I'm guessing they're not great, and blackbeard seems good but has apparently been toned back a bit in recent patches.

I'd pick Frost from that list.

From the Operators you have listed, I'd go with Capitao as he brings more utility to a team. His weapons are great and he's fast (they removed his grenades but his flashes should be used)

Frost is great in Casual and you can pick up a lot of assists / kills, but her weapons are poor. The mats won't work in Ranked as efficiently, good players will avoid or destroy them after droning.

I'd avoid the rest, and would only stump for Blackbeard if you prefer a support role (i.e. holding an angle or a window). He's slow and ponderous, and his ADS time was significantly nerfed. Once an absolute must-pick, he's now very situational. If you are confident that you can make those quick headshots, then maybe you will find success with him. It's really annoying that after splashing a significant amount of renown on an operator, they nerf him into oblivion - so much so that I now never pick him.

I'd add that if you are finding it difficult to build up renown (take advantage of the bonus 7 days!) then I'd bank it and wait for the next batch of operators (if you haven't picked up Jackal or Mira yet), the next season won't be long about coming around.

Frost> Buck

Wouldnt bother with blackbeard, his rifle is handy tho.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I like Frost's AR. It's useless at range but it's decent up close.

I get a pretty decent amount of trap kills in ranked too, especially when the attackers start to rush near the end of a round.

I love Caveira too, her pistol is lethal but if you don't like to roam she's pointless.

Advertisement