Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Got the Platinum trophy last night, chuffed I got it for R6. I never go for all that trophy **** but I got it from just playing the game without even looking at what you need to do. Then I actually went in and looked and some of the trophies are hard enough to get.

Anyway, play the game long enough and you will almost certainly get it. Some of the hidden ones are sneaky as fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Got the Platinum trophy last night, chuffed I got it for R6. I never go for all that trophy **** but I got it from just playing the game without even looking at what you need to do. Then I actually went in and looked and some of the trophies are hard enough to get.

Anyway, play the game long enough and you will almost certainly get it. Some of the hidden ones are sneaky as fook.

We were talking about this before. I'm still at 93% or something. I'm missing trophies from Terrorist Hunt, which is a drag, and would require a few days straight in that mode (unlikely).

You have joined a very select club though. Some of those trophies are only earned by like 0.04 of the player base.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

J Mysterio wrote: »
    We were talking about this before. I'm still at 93% or something. I'm missing trophies from Terrorist Hunt, which is a drag, and would require a few days straight in that mode (unlikely).

You have joined a very select club though. Some of those trophies are only earned by like 0.04 of the player base.
    Same. The last one I have to play is win defend mode 200 times. That's time consuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Same. The last one I have to play is win defend mode 200 times. That's time consuming.

Same here. I changed my terrorist hunt settings to defend only. I make sure to do any terrorist hunt challenges whilst waiting for friends to come on. It'll take a while but eventually I'll get it.

I've managed to get to plat three times this season. I'm always either a game or two into it or a game or two back into gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Grayson wrote: »
    Same here. I changed my terrorist hunt settings to defend only. I make sure to do any terrorist hunt challenges whilst waiting for friends to come on. It'll take a while but eventually I'll get it.

I've managed to get to plat three times this season. I'm always either a game or two into it or a game or two back into gold.

Do you solo-queue? That's what I'm doing at the moment, and I'm going to end up a Bronze at this stage, after bouncing around high Gold for the past three seasons.

• Advertisement

There's 5 players I normally play with so there's always a few on every evening.

I solo queued last night. Now I'm gold 2 :(

I think having a team who talks and coordinates raises your rack a whole level. I'd probably be silver/gold without other people.

Had two amazing incidents happen last night, will try and upload later!

The beauty of this game is how simple it is, while offering such depth (and so many 'moments')!

I have noticed a hit detection issue alot more lately (last 2 days or so), no blood spray nothing. Had to turn it off last night in case I kicked the dog around the room with rage, pulse with the shotgun two blasts to the chest and not damage and I get one shotted!!!!

I have a excellent connection with a ping of low 40s all the time and an open NAT....no reason for it TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I mean if you are only really noticing it now, then you should start playing the lotto cause you are the luckest person I know. The games netcode been ****ed since launch which is why I am ok with "Operation Health".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I mean if you are only really noticing it now, then you should start playing the lotto cause you are the luckest person I know. The games netcode been ****ed since launch which is why I am ok with "Operation Health".

Ash + High Ping + Rushing = Win

• Advertisement

Ive never noticed any issue with hit detection. Overall, the quality of the servers etc. has actually been fine for me. Just a bit slow in matchmaking sometimes, no big deal.

Games like PES are massively worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

cant say i have either, i always just assumed i was crap, maybe im amazing but my internet is crap. i like the sound of that

IvoryTower wrote: »
    cant say i have either, i always just assumed i was crap, maybe im amazing but my internet is crap good. i like the sound of that

Fixed that. Because of the way siege works if you have lag you're actually better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ive never noticed any issue with hit detection. Overall, the quality of the servers etc. has actually been fine for me. Just a bit slow in matchmaking sometimes, no big deal.

Games like PES are massively worse.

Id often have times where I'd body someone with a shotgun at close range, only to get headshotted myself. I've generally chalked it up to 'online gaming bull$hit', but there are some crazy clips around reddit of fellas getting in behind montagne and still getting killed.

The reason I am "noticing" it now is because its worse then usual, I know the game pretty much inside out now I am playing it from the beta. But lately there is something different happening.

Last night I was camped across from bomb room, thermite walks past the door and I track and spray in burts....nothing until the last of the clip takes small damage. Had to reload and go again.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

What you decribe has always been an issue for me and anyone I have played with. Maybe it's worse now, I dunno. I hope this season can iron that **** out cause it's infurating.

I'm convinced that this 'peekers advantage' is something only my opposition get.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I'm convinced that this 'peekers advantage' is something only my opposition get.

its not a slow thing, has to be done quick and you gotta have quick reflexes for it

its not a slow thing, has to be done quick and you gotta have quick reflexes for it

I've done it as fast as the controller allows, droned out the room, strafed across a doorway and even prefired as the reticle passed the doorjamb, only for the guy whos standing still on the other side of the room to still win the gunfight. Its maddening, if not straight up bull$hit. and its not my connection, thats i've a 13ms ping and that tops out at about 50 at worst.

Try peeking standing up, then when you are seen crouch and peek. The lower stance is nearly always enough to get the shot off, peeking advantage is deffo real but you are talking m/s of an advantage if you cant get the shot of and/or are not really accurate with the pad then its useless.

However I tend to peek fast anyway coz that slow crawl around a corner is a death sentence anyway.

• Advertisement

If both start doing it at the same time its 50/50 on who gets the kill. Like Wonda was saying its good to duck if you are in that scenario. The next time you pop out they'll be aiming for your head so you'll have a split second to snag the kill.

Heres one common bull**** kill that can has been happening since day 1. I slow it down and zoom in to show it.

Here is another one highlighting the exact same issue.

That's exactly what I'm encountering. I dunno, maybe I'm just noticing it more, the longer I spend with the game?

That's exactly what I'm encountering. I dunno, maybe I'm just noticing it more, the longer I spend with the game?

It happens every now and then. I always remind my team mates if they are caught in a peek a boo battle that its luck of the connection draw for who kill who so I remind them to maybe switch position or stance.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

seyfybytal3z.jpg

I want those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    seyfybytal3z.jpg

I want those :)

some fool has put tchanka and montagne in front of the wrong box

Im not normally one for collectables like that but they are pretty cool!

If they are the ones off the ubisoft website they are currently only available in the USA, depending on sales they will be released in Europe.

I really wish the Funko Pop crowd would do them as they are pretty cool and would look well along side a PS4 or Xbox.

One of those WTF moments from last night.

I don't know how they didn't see or more importantly hear me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

One of those WTF moments from last night.

I don't know how they didn't see or more importantly hear me.

Wtf indeed lol.

Advertisement