Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I bought the NACON Pro Controller thinking it would turn me into Serenity17 or some ****.....ER NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Its a great controller but takes an age to get use to it...but deffo makes a difference with the customisable buttons and hair triggers.

Hmm, I might look into getting one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Servers are gone to ****, can't get a game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Overall I dont think Operation Health has made much difference to the game. I think it was just a massive PR stunt to get more numbers to the game, you never see the pro league games suffering anything like us mere mortals do...so a dedicated decent server instead of client side hosting would help the game massively. I know we were promised all this but I remain very sceptical, also all this Alpha pack garbage is just a distraction.

Fix the game 1st and that add all the jazz hands stuff.

The more I play this game the worse I get it seems, but maybe its because the devs keep moving the goalposts with operators and code. Just when you settle and feel you are playing well, the game gets C4'd.

Hmm, I might look into getting one of those.

They are very good, need a PC/Laptop to custom the buttons and sensitivity etc as you cant do it on PS4 which is weird seen as its a PS4 controller!!!

Also its not wireless but the cable is 2m long which is plenty, does have a few niggles but well worth it as its only 25euro dearer then the standard controllers.

Plus, if like me you have big hands you are alot more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

.... the game gets C4'd.

I just got flash backs to when nearly every defender had C4 that annihilated everything. Characters with shields were rendered useless and no one was picking them. Often entire teams of attackers were wiped out by C4 :D

• Advertisement

Solo queuing in casual is becoming more and more toxic :( Has anyone else been a victim of random teamkilling, random/trolling voting to see if the team is dumb enough to vote you out even if you have the most kills, and last but not least, a huge number of people who must originate outside of Europe who have 200+ ping? Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Only ever play this and any other MP game with buddies.

Few times we short and get a randomer we play with them.

Did TK a guy who was using the Valk Bank glitch after we told him not to. They should take the map out of rotation until its fixed. Altho have won every single round where the other team did it, so maybe dont.

What's the glitch? I don't follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

ITs a bugged spot you can fire a camera up, it cant be shot by enemy team and you can spot them no probleem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Solo queuing in casual is becoming more and more toxic :( Has anyone else been a victim of random teamkilling, random/trolling voting to see if the team is dumb enough to vote you out even if you have the most kills, and last but not least, a huge number of people who must originate outside of Europe who have 200+ ping? Grr.

Had that last weekend, I didn't manage to clutch a 1 vs 5 after the rest of my team were slaughtered (funny that!), and next thing I see the vote to kick window appearing with my name in it, and several lemmings voting to get me out 'right' says I as we spawn in, I turned around, threw a nitro charge at the group, killing 3 and then getting booted.

And it was totally worth it :D

• Advertisement

^ camera spots everyone no matter where you are on the map.

Havent actually lost a match whilst its been done to us.

Had that last weekend, I didn't manage to clutch a 1 vs 5 after the rest of my team were slaughtered (funny that!), and next thing I see the vote to kick window appearing with my name in it, and several lemmings voting to get me out 'right' says I as we spawn in, I turned around, threw a nitro charge at the group, killing 3 and then getting booted.

And it was totally worth it :D

Heh heh, I've done the same thing a couple of times myself. VOTE ME OUT WILL YA?!

Heh heh, I've done the same thing a couple of times myself. VOTE ME OUT WILL YA?!

The funny thing about siege is that there seems like theres no in between, first three matches tonight I had team killers, messers and trolls, not to mention each game was a join in progress. then I got a party invite to a 4 man team and we went on a 5 game win streak, got an alpha pack and enough renown to unlock hibana.

It's either a-holes or sound folk.

Such is life.

I have never played a game on any platform with such **** as R6, its incredible.

Its the nature of the game, because of the long spawn times and the effort you put in to the game the narrow minded scum just surface to absolutely wreck peoples head....its more rife in TH because you cant even vote kick. I really feel if you team kill more then once in a 3 round game you should be banned for 48hrs at least. There is just no incentive not to wreck peoples heads, I am constantly getting killed with the best score and most kills.

I gave up doing the renown rewards for TH as its so painful.

Just recently switched from a 45" Plasma screen to a 24" TFT and the difference is night and day.......back being JOHN MCCLANE NOW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Played for the first time in a long time today and while there was some idiots playing when it goes right its such a great game. It was tense, tactical and fun. Really enjoyed it. I'm still not great at it but it is fun and did not get slagged off for being crap.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Played for the first time in a long time today and while there was some idiots playing when it goes right its such a great game. It was tense, tactical and fun. Really enjoyed it. I'm still not great at it but it is fun and did not get slagged off for being crap.

TBH, when the game runs well its unbeatable. There is nothing like it....

And I dont mean me killing everyone, but just no stupid bugs or glitches or lag or being able to boil an egg before the games start.

I have never put so many hours into a game and still be bad at it....game should be for over 30s not over 18s and it would be PERFICK!

:eek::eek::P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I have never played a game on any platform with such **** as R6, its incredible.

Its the nature of the game, because of the long spawn times and the effort you put in to the game the narrow minded scum just surface to absolutely wreck peoples head....its more rife in TH because you cant even vote kick. I really feel if you team kill more then once in a 3 round game you should be banned for 48hrs at least. There is just no incentive not to wreck peoples heads, I am constantly getting killed with the best score and most kills.

I gave up doing the renown rewards for TH as its so painful.

Just recently switched from a 45" Plasma screen to a 24" TFT and the difference is night and day.......back being JOHN MCCLANE NOW!!!!

Do not agree with this, the amount of times you be lean stepping corners/windows only for john ****ing rambo on your team to shove his head right in front of your gun as you take a shot

Only play with your mates.

Do not agree with this, the amount of times you be lean stepping corners/windows only for john ****ing rambo on your team to shove his head right in front of your gun as you take a shot

But even with random mongo's I have never team-killed more then ONCE in 3 round game. Its very very rare I get a team kill but, yes you will always get the odd **** up especially with people using 3 clips to kill the drones (this is so frustrating being hit by team mates and being 40 HP before the round starts)

But deffo playing with a team of mates is the way to go.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Only play with your mates.

I don't have anyone to play Siege with, forever alone lol.

What platform are you on?

Get it on PS4 mate, I found 6 lads in the last 3 nights that are Irish playing it. Great craic, just had a ranked game there and finished with 12 kills in 4 round overtime jobby.

Was getting nose bleeds at one stage!

I think he is PC iirc.

Absolutely huge patch inbound lads, a whopping 44GB if playing on PC with Ultra settings and 26GB if not. On consoles its gonna be a huge 15GB which is really gonna hurt if like me you are running a 1TB HDD thats tight on space as is.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

enough renown to unlock hibana.

Honestly, I think you've just unlocked the strongest attacking operator in the game at the moment. Fast, small frame, brilliant weapons so you are deadly at long and short range, brilliant gadget, flashbangs/claymore.
    Absolutely huge patch inbound lads, a whopping 44GB if playing on PC with Ultra settings and 26GB if not. On consoles its gonna be a huge 15GB which is really gonna hurt if like me you are running a 1TB HDD thats tight on space as is.......

15GB? What the hell? Whats the reason for the huge size?

Peasant Station 4 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Corvo wrote: »

15GB? What the hell? Whats the reason for the huge size?

article here
    Why is the update so big? Ubisoft said the patch resets the foundation future patches are built upon. The Y2S3.0 (year two season three) patch is the new baseline Ubisoft will update the game client from. "As a result of resetting the baseline, we must replace a significant number of the existing data forges," Ubisoft said. So, it's like you're downloading a new version of Rainbow Six Siege, rather than an update.

"All game data is stored in what we refer to as a 'forge'. This is a compressed archive containing other files. When we need to modify a file that is part of a forge, we simply download a new forge that contains the new file without replacing the original forge. This simplifies the patching process, and reduces the download size. Over time however, it leads to a lot of wasted space on disk, as there are more and more modified files."

Supposedly will lead to faster loading times and reduce the size of future patches

Is this patch the final stage of Operation Health?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

If it stops the enormous load times, ok, I can live with that.

Hopefully this is the last section of Operation Health - think the game needs a new operator or two to start disturbing the meta.

Advertisement