Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

New footage of Blood Orchid gameplay on utoob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Graphics on the PC are far superior with the HD pack (over consoles) really sharp and glossy looking. Pain in the hoop going back to PS4 after playing on PC tbh cant believe the difference in the game. But then again I grew up playing fps games on PC and I am quite new to consoles FPS games and the controllers do not come naturally to me.

Finally got my online ranking yesterday, I am only a ****ty silver 2 with a terrible 1.3 KD but I literally only started to play ranked with a few nice lads I have met over the course of playing the game in casual.

You do really learn alot in ranked, never mind trying to get your rank up just learn off the other player friend and foe and you will be a better player for it.....the rank will come in time.

Agreed, ranked is how the game is meant to be played. That three minute timer in comparison to the four minute version really changes the game. I had swerved ranked recently, as I was sick of the connection issues and the mis-matches in skill levels on both teams. However that has been fixed to a certain degree.

I've just got back to Gold, but would welcome any team members for Xbox One going forward. Solo-queue isn't good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Corvo wrote: »
    Agreed, ranked is how the game is meant to be played. That three minute timer in comparison to the four minute version really changes the game. I had swerved ranked recently, as I was sick of the connection issues and the mis-matches in skill levels on both teams. However that has been fixed to a certain degree.

I've just got back to Gold, but would welcome any team members for Xbox One going forward. Solo-queue isn't good.

If you ever see me on corvo, just fire an invite. Im mostly just playing casual as i'm almost always solo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Looking forward to playing Lesion. Ela looks ok. Not bothered by Ying.

Lesion seems to be a pretty good defender as the longer it takes for the attack to press, Lesion can cover the place. A new mine every 35 secs, brilliant!

Huge shake up to the servers being implemented as soon as the new content drops, currently Ubisoft rent A1 Microsoft Assure/Azzure servers which are the 2nd worse servers you can rent only 1 core with very low ram which would slow down and hang under intense workload (Ubisofts words)

Ubisoft have announced that they are moving to the move advanced D2 servers which have been tested and are currently running on the PC test servers and are alot more consistent.

Really wish they would implement a join current game or join new game for solo players as its a pain in the hoop joining mid match 99% of the time getting beating by a round or 2.

• Advertisement

Big big changes, some of which were already rumoured of course.

- Ammo buffs to a lot of operators, but main beneficiary being Smoke with the SMG-11. Most Smoke mains (myself included) run the shotgun for creating rotation holes etc. and use the SMG for actual fire fights. The ammo buff is very very welcome.

- Hibana's X-KAIROS charges can now be Bandit-tricked, which will surely mean an increase in Thermites pick rate

- Lighting - No more looking out a doorway and staring into God's anus

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Big big changes, some of which were already rumoured of course.

- Ammo buffs to a lot of operators, but main beneficiary being Smoke with the SMG-11. Most Smoke mains (myself included) run the shotgun for creating rotation holes etc. and use the SMG for actual fire fights. The ammo buff is very very welcome.

- Hibana's X-KAIROS charges can now be Bandit-tricked, which will surely mean an increase in Thermites pick rate

No more acogs for bandit and jager.

Grayson wrote: »
    No more acogs for bandit and jager.

Aye, pretty big one too, though I only ever really used Bandit. Doc / Rook the new spawn peekers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thank God, no more cracking a window from the inside and realising I am only 10 yards away from the surface of the sun :P

Lads is there any point in paying for the season pass now? Its 29.99 alot of bucks in the wonda household (I could get 3 butter chicken from the local indian takeaway for that LMAO)

What is left in the season, I currently have 40K in renown so can slog away for the next week and have enough for 2 of the new 3 operators but apart from that is it worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lads is there any point in paying for the season pass now? Its 29.99 alot of bucks in the wonda household (I could get 3 butter chicken from the local indian takeaway for that LMAO)

What is left in the season, I currently have 40K in renown so can slog away for the next week and have enough for 2 of the new 3 operators but apart from that is it worth it?

Nothing has released for season 3 yet, I thought I got it for 15 tho before xmas.

have you any Uplay points you can use for the discount?

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Nothing has released for season 3 yet, I thought I got it for 15 tho before xmas.

have you any Uplay points you can use for the discount?

Actually jaysus I must check that good man yourself, I have 600 points to use. But can I use them in the uplay store to buy the season pass on PS4?

And its the season 3 pass I need to get not season 2 right? Good job I did not buy it earlier, If I get season 2 I wont access the new operators for blood orchid.

Actually jaysus I must check that good man yourself, so If I get the pass now to allow me to play the 3 new operators about to be released is that it....the next round of operators you have to unlock with renown?

You get all DLC ops without using renown, 1000 of the other points? and crappy charms and skins that you wont use. You get the DLC ops a week before everyone else.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You get all DLC ops without using renown, 1000 of the other points? and crappy charms and skins that you wont use. You get the DLC ops a week before everyone else.

This is confusing lol,

Its the YEAR 2 PASS I need to get not the season pass....

The year 2 pass will get me all the operators left for the rest of the year I take it?

Doesnt seem to be any point in getting the season 2 pass at all. The only benefit I can see is getting the new operators a week early (grr). I will wait the week, I have 30k renown at the moment and will have 40k minimum when they release to non season pass holders. Getting Ela and Lesion straight away.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Doesnt seem to be any point in getting the season 2 pass at all. The only benefit I can see is getting the new operators a week early (grr). I will wait the week, I have 30k renown at the moment and will have 40k minimum when they release to non season pass holders. Getting Ela and Lesion straight away.

Yeah but if you buy the year 2 pass for 29.99 on PSN you will get season 3 ops and season 4 ops and discounts etc or am I missing something?

Don't see much point in the season pass either.

I rack up about 2.5k - 3k a night in renown in casual, you will easily pick them up. Plus, there is bound to be one of them that's not much use (*points to Echo*)

LOL, I actually love echo but he is hard to use correctly need to plan ahead and depends on the map how effective he is.

LOL, I actually love echo but he is hard to use correctly need to plan ahead and depends on the map how effective he is.

I'm probably being harsh, but I just don't see much point in him unless you are on an organised team. He's only good for entry denial in the last few moments, not much use if the rest of your team of Coppers are dead in the first 40 seconds.

This is confusing lol,

Its the YEAR 2 PASS I need to get not the season pass....

The year 2 pass will get me all the operators left for the rest of the year I take it?

Only the season 2 operators. Not season 1 operators if you still have a few to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

The year/season difference can be confusing.

If you buy the year 2 pass you'll get:
    Hibana
    Echo
    Jackal
    Mira
    Ying
    Lesion
    Ela

Season 2 (which is season 3 really after Op Health) gets 8 operators 3 are announced (Lesion, Ela,the other one)
    GET PREPARED FOR YEAR 2

Rainbow Six Siege has an incredible first year of content and the community is the reason why this game is stronger than ever entering Year 2. In Year 2, Team Rainbow will be deployed to Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea. Year 2 follows a similar format having four seasons with one free map and two Operators releasing each season.

WHAT YOU’LL GET

8 operators from Year 2
    8 headgear
    8 uniforms
    1 R6 Carbon charm
    600 R6 Credits

Season 1
    MISSED OUT THE ORIGINAL SEASON PASS?

You can now instantly unlock all 8 of the original Year 1 Operators with the new Legacy Operator Bundle. Find the Legacy Operator Bundle available now at the in-game shop for 2400 R6 Credits.

UNLOCK INSTANTLY:

Buck & Frost from JTF2, Canadian CTU.
    Blackbeard & Valkyrie from Navy SEALS, American CTU.
    Capitao & Caveira from BOPE, Brasilian CTU.
    Echo & Hibana from SAT, the Japanese CTU.

I have never played with Capitao......not one second.....

So, ranked mode is removing some maps so it can mirror the maps used in its Pro league.

I am disappointed with this. I really enjoy playing ranked on the majority of the maps in the game. Like many gamers I am not a Pro so I'd like to play on more maps and not less.

1sLQS3R.jpg?1

maximoose wrote: »
    The year/season difference can be confusing.

If you buy the year 2 pass you'll get:
    Hibana
    Echo
    Jackal
    Mira
    Ying
    Lesion
    Ela

I thought hibana and echo are year 1? I didn't get then with the year 2 pass, I got jackal and Mira

It is definitely annoying they are removing maps. Plane is one of my favourites.

Not only is it annoying but the lame excuse "to save storage" is an absolute joke, as we were saying last week the pro league is only a tiny fraction of the player base and they go and piss off the community to please so few. Are you actually telling me that they cannot select the pro league maps on the pro servers and play away!!!!

Full of **** these boys they really are.

I'm glad they have been taken from the Ranked games to be honest, they were very unbalanced, especially Favela's.

However they should have been left in Casual.

Not only is it annoying but the lame excuse "to save storage" is an absolute joke, as we were saying last week the pro league is only a tiny fraction of the player base and they go and piss off the community to please so few. Are you actually telling me that they cannot select the pro league maps on the pro servers and play away!!!!

Full of **** these boys they really are.

When they say 'save storage' are they talking about a physical limitation of the game engine? because thats slightly worrying. They've spoken in the past about building the game as being almost dota like, with the possibility of having 100+ operators as time goes one. granted thats a mad number considering the slow drip rate that they release them, but still. If they're running into problems now, what hope have they for down the road.

Also, there's no apparent hassle with having memory for the hundreds of different gun skins / microtransaction items :rolleyes:

The official line is that "We are approaching the limit of our data sizes", and nobody has a clue what this means online and the devs will not elaborate. So its basically a load of tech speak and mind your own business.

And for Ubi to say that they are culling maps to help new players is a joke also, why cant they just learn the god dam maps like you and I had to do.......its bizarre to say the least. And as was said, the shop is growing everyday with useless **** they are selling.

There is a **** storm on reddit about it and rightly so, they said that they are supporting this game for 5 yrs with a road map but are chopping it as they go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

The official line is that "We are approaching the limit of our data sizes", and nobody has a clue what this means online and the devs will not elaborate. So its basically a load of tech speak and mind your own business.

And for Ubi to say that they are culling maps to help new players is a joke also, why cant they just learn the god dam maps like you and I had to do.......its bizarre to say the least. And as was said, the shop is growing everyday with useless **** they are selling.

There is a **** storm on reddit about it and rightly so, they said that they are supporting this game for 5 yrs with a road map but are chopping it as they go.

Except it took most of us a hundred hours plus to get the hang of it when it was first released. As it is the game has a ridiculous learning curve.

Plus some maps just aren't great for higher level games. House is a good example. It's one of my favorite maps but not something that's playable when you're platinum or higher. It's just too small.

I'd be fine with removing some of the bigger and more complicated maps from casual so people can get used to the game there. And I'd be fine with removing some of the smaller maps from ranked.

Plus it will make ranked more competitive. The meta game will evolve on each map at a far faster pace. New tactics will evolve and new counter tactics will evolve far faster. And then it starts again the next season when they swap the maps up again.

Advertisement