Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

J Mysterio wrote: »
    What's with the constant rank resetting? It's infuriating. What's the logic?

It's just to keep you engaged in playing ranked because other wise those who hit plat / diamond could essentially stay there from the second they reached it and never go back to playing ranked. It's to make you keep earning that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It also affects your matchmaking. For example of you play with a group of players who are way better than you, they can carry you to a higher ranking. The downside is that once they're offline, you'll be matched with high quality players and probably end up getting brutalised. Similarly, just say you're a high level player, but for whatever reason you have bad placement matches- you now have a long way to climb to get back to where you should have been. And as the lads said, it gives you something to aim for in terms of trying to improve your ranking from season to season.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Still need to work on my defensive positioning, lost a few 1v1 last night for the team and it was killing me....but its all part of the learning curve.

I think this is where you will see the reduced map pool on ranked really come into its own, as these maps are FAR more balanced. Plus if you are pushing those Platinum levels, you will get wrecked on the likes of House / Favelas by the better players, no matter what you do.

Oregon, Border and Coastline are large expansive maps allowing for plenty of roaming, different angles etc. which expands you defensive options.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have done that hit Plat the1st week playing with the new map and operators then dont play it again until next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Corvo wrote: »
    It's just to keep you engaged in playing ranked because other wise those who hit plat / diamond could essentially stay there from the second they reached it and never go back to playing ranked. It's to make you keep earning that level.

It's fockin bull**** is what. If you reach Platinum or Diamond or whatever - well done, you deserve it. If you start sucking, your rank will drop. It's a scandal to keep dropping it every other week.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    I have done that hit Plat the1st week playing with the new map and operators then dont play it again until next season.

Wha? I play it cos' I love the game. To hit platinum and stop playing just seems... Odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

im happy with it cause i havent played the game in ages so when i go back ill want a new fresh ****ty rank

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Give people a better chance of a higher rank, the more you play the LESS points you get. So with all the experience you learned the previous season you can start again and get the maximum points straight away.

For example lads I play with are getting 15-20 points a win where as I am getting 80-150 per win or there about's in ranked. Because I have played so little I am getting very high points. So in the space of me only played about 3 weeks in ranked I am gold 1.

In relation to the patch...

Whats with the total reset of the controls in settings and all the scenarios with the update ffs, all my settings are now defaulted to normal settings. It took me an age to set them up and I never taught to write them down as I did not think Id ever need to....grrrrrr.

GOB****ES TED

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Is it the update that my system is telling is going to take 7 hrs????? Just turned it on now it its telling me........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

27gb sweet jesus. it going to take 2 days to download on my slow connection.

Thank fook for 350mb fibre, mine was down in less then 10mins not that this useless information helps your plight in anyway.......:P:P

Have to say I really like the new map and it really is a good place to show off the new operators with all the windows and cubby holes in small rooms. Deffo a good map for roamers which is a negative for me anyway, I could not roam in the bath ffs.

• Advertisement

11 hrs now!!!?? I thought I had a good internet connection

What!!! 11hrs it is saying...well there are a hell of alot of people on tonite of all nights waiting for D2 to launch so its probably affecting the PS DL speed with all the pre loading going on.

Can I play the game while the DL in on going?

In this instance, no. Its such a big patch and because it re-writes a hell of alot of new code it literally sets the game up as new. And I tell you another thing that will wreck your head, all your settings and I mean ALL of them are reset to default, every operator will have to be setup again and all the settings for your controller and video done again.

An absolute pain in the hoop.

Yippee can't wait.......only 4 hrs left......I think I slowed it down by playing GTA online!!!

8 mins left

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

I have 6 hours 27 m to go, started update at 4 o'clock today!

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

Anyone want to buy a PC? Think I'll go back to Xbox!

Not overwhelmingly impressed by the new guys so far tbh........

Fuze will deal partial damage to players, instead of always being kill or miss.

Uninstalled :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i dont suppose they threw in a Ps4 Pro mode with the new update? lol

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Uninstalled :eek:

Whats this fuze crack....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hmm, I am not too mad about all the traps. Feels like trap spam at this stage.

The drones are ridiculous, who actually asked for more drones for the attackers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Hmm, I am not too mad about all the traps. Feels like trap spam at this stage.

fuze, trap removal specialt

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

been teamkilled so often playing casual tonight.

Now I know why I play ranked so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Grayson wrote: »
    been teamkilled so often playing casual tonight.

Now I know why I play ranked so often.

The peasants no likey when the season pass holders have the new operators first.

Dont play solo :)

Picking Blackbeard all tonight and the shield is now useless, utterly utterly useless. I died at every window peak, he is just a slow attacker now with a decent gun and no bonus options.

/I bet Elas Skorpion is nerfed in the mid season update, she probably has a gadget but who cares that gun is lethal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Not enjoying it since the update for some reason, maybe been playing too much

• Advertisement

I am sucking big time since the update.

Advertisement