Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Corvo wrote: »
    I am sucking big time since the update.

welcome_to_the_suck_by_greasygrandma.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Corvo wrote: »
    I am sucking big time since the update.

Me too. Didnt play yesterday but had a few games on Weds and was miserable.

With Ying it's like a damn blitzkrieg.

Maybe its just the new operators but it 'feels' different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I'm sucking too.......is it maybe because everyone has to be re ranked and until they are you're playing against much better players!!!!! Some of the teams I played were 100% pros

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Feels a tad quicker to me, and it's not like I left it down for awhile.

Game is very trap heavy at the moment, its a nightmare entering a room now. Thatcher and IQ vital I think.

New map is massive, I hate it already :)

I prefer attacking to defending at the moment. Jager and Castle becoming more important I reckon. Attacking teams are unleashing the Ying thing and blitzing rooms from all sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 nathanq

Still no ash Head box!!

Was just on the rampage with Montagne and was about to shield bash this fella (as I am wont to do) and one of Lesions mines (as I saw in Killcam) made me lift my shielded and totally expose myself. Wasn't expecting that. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Are people still playing this????

I joke, on a Destiny 2 buzz but as Arnie says "ILL BE BACK"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Anyone else find themselves spotting security cams everywhere they go???

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I prefer attacking to defending at the moment. Jager and Castle becoming more important I reckon. Attacking teams are unleashing the Ying thing and blitzing rooms from all sides.

I'm finding attacking to be harder because of all the traps. You try to get into a room and there's needles, flash traps etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Grayson wrote: »
    I'm finding attacking to be harder because of all the traps. You try to get into a room and there's needles, flash traps etc.

A good Twitch can help zap the traps and Thatcher can destroy them with his EMP grenades. We are using Thatcher a lot more since the new operators have come out.

Rainbow Six Siege has just added three new Operators, but developer Ubisoft Montreal isn't planning on stopping any time soon. In an interview with PC Gamer, brand director Alexandre Remy has said the team is hoping to reach over 100 playable characters.

"We are looking at developing the game with 100 Operators," he said. "I'll let you do the math and work out how many years that [will take]. There's no reason for us to stop there." At the current rate of eight new Operators per year, that would take Ubisoft another eight years after the end of the current DLC year to reach 100 Operators.

Ubisoft previously said the minimum number of Operators it wanted in Siege would be 50, after launching with 20 back in 2015. "The moment that we hit 50 Operators, that's the minimum that we actually want," Remy declared in February this year. "The idea is that you actually want enough Operators so that [for] each pick you have a choice. Thermite for a long time was not a choice, everyone had to pick him in a team because he was the only one who could breach into a reinforced wall. Introducing Hibana, all of a sudden the player could perform that task with a choice. At that moment every choice is tough choice for the player and not an obvious one. To come to that moment, you need a minimum of 50. When we have 50, that'll be when the game is at its peak in terms of strategy."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/rainbow-six-siege-aiming-for-100-operators/1100-6453175/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

How are people unlocking thies operators. Are people paying cash to buy the points or what.
    I seem to be taking forever to save up the 25000.
    I still havnt got all the original operators the game shipped with lol

How are people unlocking thies operators. Are people paying cash to buy the points or what.
    I still havnt got at the original operators the game shipped with lol

The base operators are easily unlocked quickly if you:
    1. do the training missions
    2. do the challengess
    3. don't unlock everyone from each ctu one after the other * technically not really a time saver, but each operator in a given unit, gets more expensive as you unlock them, I cant remember the exact increments but it was something like, 500,1000,1500 then 2000 for the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

i bought the season pass, didnt play enough to be able to save, also wasnt arsed with challenges

IvoryTower wrote: »
    i bought the season pass, didnt play enough to be able to save, also wasnt arsed with challenges

Yeah, I was late coming to the game, didn't buy it till just before Echo and Hibana were added. bought the season pass heading into year 2, and they then decided to have operation health:(

I just hammer Casual on weeknights, and usually gain about €2k renown. So that's about 10k a week (roughly) and I play Ranked on weekends.

It really is doable. Plus you don't NEED every operator. No need to buy Tachanka, Blitz still isn't great, Echo isn't for me personally, Castle is pretty situational and Buck takes a lot of practice (high recoil weapons and similar gadget to Sledge). If you aren't a roamer, take out Caveira.

Do in-game challenges and download the Ubisoft app to get even more challenges. You'll have lots of R6 credits in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Ya i must admit i never tried the in game challenges.

The best are the terrorist hunt challenges. (e.g) Play a round of terrorist hunt with a FBI operator.

Pick which every operator is required and run to the first enemy and die... Challenge completed lol.

• Advertisement

Played well last night. I'd imagine the enemy teams tonight will be getting a pre-game briefing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Played well last night. I'd imagine the enemy teams tonight will be getting a pre-game briefing

I showed that to my Goldfish, now he's a shark.

I bought the season pass a couple of months ago. At that point I had every operator unlocked and about 100k in reknown. However I'd just started a new job and I knew that I wouldn't have enough to get the operators in the next season because i wouldn't be playing as often.

Now bear in mind I bought the game the day it came out and I have 710 hours played. I also did most of the challenges.

don't forget the ubiclub challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Looks like there's an issue with the latest patch on PS4. Issue seems to be in game where you invite friends. Causes the system to crash. Best not download the last patch or invite friends if you do..

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Reports that it is bricking some consoles too. Be careful peeps

Withrax wrote: »
    Reports that it is bricking some consoles too. Be careful peeps

How could that be possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

Not really sure but Icycat does a good job of explaining it

Think they have got the buff for Kapkan all wrong. Should have kept the three traps and kept them lethal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How could that be possible?

Multiple hard crashes can corrupt the HDD in the consoles....I would be very careful TBH.

Advertisement