Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

is there anyone considered kinda strong at the moment. TBH the new characters dont appeal to me at all. Lots of small crappy traps? Even if they're good just seems boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

IvoryTower wrote: »
    is there anyone considered kinda strong at the moment. TBH the new characters dont appeal to me at all. Lots of small crappy traps? Even if they're good just seems boring.

my go to characters would be: in no particular order

Ash, hibana, Fuze, Thermite, Twitch on attack

Pulse, Jager, Ela, Lesion, Valkyrie, Rook on defense.

Its always myself that lets me down though, although I've been trying to play a little more agressively lately. Its still hard to get out of the 'find a corner and wait to die/surive' mentality.

I take it with Jager you now see traps everywhere :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Ela's gun is amazing. And I'm finding lesions traps very handy. Plant far enough away from a room entrance that they feel safe taking it off and pounce then.

Grayson wrote: »
    Ela's gun is amazing. And I'm finding lesions traps very handy. Plant far enough away from a room entrance that they feel safe taking it off and pounce then.

Ill watch some videos, i dont even know what they do tbh, just when i saw they set traps i kinda wrote them off

• Advertisement

Ill watch some videos, i dont even know what they do tbh, just when i saw they set traps i kinda wrote them off

I don't like the new attacker at all. The gun has too much recoil.

I have started playing with Buck again. The problem is that on ranked you always need someone more than buck. Ash, Thermite, Thatcher etc are all better picks for your team. But I'm loving Buck on casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Hibana more often then not for me on attack. The ability to open up a room with those charges is great.

Liesion 95% of the time on defense. The traps are great audio cues. Put it by a door. Barricade the door. Hide. Trap goes off. Shoot through the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Bought this on Steam, going to go through some of the tutorials before diving in to MP.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Bought this on Steam, going to go through some of the tutorials before diving in to MP.

If you complete all the situations you will have enough renown to get 4 or so characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I have not played this in so long, the new operators dropped the last time I played it.

Must try to get back into it but the new operators dont seem that appealing as was said, going very COD with electrical gadgets and stuff hope its not a new trend.

• Advertisement

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    I have not played this in so long, the new operators dropped the last time I played it.

Must try to get back into it but the new operators dont seem that appealing as was said, going very COD with electrical gadgets and stuff hope its not a new trend.

Thing is they still only have the one gadget and each time they introduce someone it mixes up the meta a bit. Just a bit though. They don't want to mess it up too much.

Do a few terrorist hunts too. Just to get the feel for a few of the maps.

Just a warning though. This game has a huge learning curve. I think it's about 100 hours of play before you can go into a ranked match and not be slaughtered. having said that, it's a lot of fun playing casual. Just try not to get too frustrated in those games where you get 0 kills and 5 deaths :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I've played it a few times since, it's still a great game, but it's true that the new operators dampened my enthusiasm a bit. Not a fan of them and they have changed the dynamic. Part of it would also be the fact that I played the **** out of this.

Do a few terrorist hunts too. Just to get the feel for a few of the maps.

Just a warning though. This game has a huge learning curve. I think it's about 100 hours of play before you can go into a ranked match and not be slaughtered. having said that, it's a lot of fun playing casual. Just try not to get too frustrated in those games where you get 0 kills and 5 deaths :)

Roger Wilco.

I surprised myself in my first plane training, accidental headshots on 9 of 11 terorists.
    Had to buy Ash after that :cool:

anyone know any good streamers of this?

Roger Wilco.

I surprised myself in my first plane training, accidental headshots on 9 of 11 terorists.
    Had to buy Ash after that :cool:

Also, try not to get frustrated with the team killing in casual.

In Matimo's latest video he mentions that they might be bring in a report toxicity button so you can report abusive players. If they do, it'll be a welcome move.

Also, try not to get frustrated with the team killing in casual.

In Matimo's latest video he mentions that they might be bring in a report toxicity button so you can report abusive players. If they do, it'll be a welcome move.

I believe that has gone live in the PC test server.

TBH, if they did mirror damage it would be a lot better , its way too easy to just make another account and troll away to your hearts content.

I tried a few online matches and got creamed.

I also fell off the roof.
    Got revived.
    Somehow killed myself with an explosive trying to enter a window 30 seconds later.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got revived.
    Somehow killed myself with an explosive trying to enter a window 30 seconds later.

Once you unlock Fuze remember to use his special on the hostage room for easy wins.

anyone know any good streamers of this?

King GeorgeTV on You tube is very good.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Windows7User

• Advertisement

King George on You tube is very good.

Thanks man will check it out

Updated the post for the link, otherwise when you type in King George you will get a speech from every monarch going ffs!

matimio, coreross , and this guy Rogue-9 does incredibly indepth video's based on the mechanics.

Got revived.

been there, done that.... last week.

And I'm over level 200.

I also unloaded a clip of an LMG into a team mate because he stepped in front of me and I got spooked.

matimio, coreross , and this guy Rogue-9 does incredibly indepth video's based on the mechanics.

been there, done that.... last week.

And I'm over level 200.

I also unloaded a clip of an LMG into a team mate because he stepped in front of me and I got spooked.

theres nothing quite like the 'woops' feeling when you perfectly nail a 1 bullet headshot.

on your teammate who decided to peek the same corner you were covering.

theres nothing quite like the 'woops' feeling when you perfectly nail a 1 bullet headshot.

on your teammate who decided to peek the same corner you were covering.

Then the nervous start to the next round when you know you might have to get it on in spawn

When I shoot a teammate by accident, I tend to crouch and look at the ground subserviently. Normally gets me away with it! :pac:

Will have a few games tonight I think.

If anyone new to PC would like to play with others send us an invite kdjac on uplay.

I may have mentioned once or 300 times that this game needs to be played with others on comms. I dont play random on my own with others ever and i have it since it came out 2 years ago.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    If anyone new to PC would like to play with others send us an invite kdjac on uplay.

I may have mentioned once or 300 times that this game needs to be played with others on comms. I dont play random on my own with others ever and i have it since it came out 2 years ago.

I've actually mostly played with randomers. Maybe not ideal, but what can you do?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I've actually mostly played with randomers. Maybe not ideal, but what can you do?

Add anyone who isnt a toxic A Hole and try play with them in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭_DMac_

dreamers75 wrote: »

I'll add you if you don't mind.

Advertisement