Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

Only 20 quid on PS4, considering a buy here as a palette cleanser now and then from Overwatch. Lat time I tried it I found it not very noob friendly as I was being match made with people light years ahead of me. Then when game stared i was booted as I assume they did not want to play with a rookie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I also play it when ive had enough tilt in ow. Just keep grinding up to level 20 and then only play ranked. Casual mode is a joke.

Imagine the toxicity in overwatch and then imagine being able to kill your own team mates and you have rainbow 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Imagine the toxicity in overwatch and then imagine being able to kill your own team mates and you have rainbow 6!

Jesus divine...

Jesus divine...

Between getting banned and losing it happens rarely once you get to ranked

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

very very rare I get purposely team killed in ranked unless its some crying 12 year old shouting at me for not looking a certain way or not killing an enemy who had the jump on me etc....
    I find the higher the rank you get the less likely it is to be stuck with kids though. Most seem mature and are alot of fun to play with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dont play with randoms yadda yadda yadda

Starting next week, we will be implementing an improvement on the system we have been using to ban players that use racial and homophobic slurs, or hate speech, in game. The bans for this will fall within the following durations, depending on severity:

2 Days
    7 Days
    15 Days
    Permanent
    We will be tracking the frequency at which language that violates the Code of Conduct is used by individual players, and will apply the appropriate ban on a case-by-case basis.

The type of language we will be taking action against is outlined in the following section of the Code of Conduct:

“Any language or content deemed illegal, dangerous, threatening, abusive, obscene, vulgar, defamatory, hateful, racist, sexist, ethically offensive or constituting harassment is forbidden.”

Players that receive a ban for toxicity will receive a pop-up that states their ban was the result of toxic behavior. A global message will also be displayed, similar to the current global broadcasts for cheating. It will read:

"Username has been banned for toxicity."

This is our first step towards managing toxicity in Rainbow Six Siege, and we will have more information to share about our other plans at a later date.

How will this work? Chat filter? logging of chat? recording or chat? user reports? <lol

I have chat turned off so I assume everyone is all GG and WP after every match.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Will be just text or are they recording live talking?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Is the new update where you get the first 20 operators free and a zombie mode out yet today does anyone know?

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote: »
    Is the new update where you get the first 20 operators free

:confused:

:confused:

Only got it again last week in anticipation of this update. They look to have improved the netcode considerably since I played it last.

but you get the first 20 operators free? thats the first i heard of that?! Wouldnt that have made it almost pointless for anyone who's previously bought season passes. Not that id care, be happy to see my friends get all the operators, but it doesnt sound like something they would do

but you get the first 20 operators free? thats the first i heard of that?! Wouldnt that have made it almost pointless for anyone who's previously bought season passes. Not that id care, be happy to see my friends get all the operators, but it doesnt sound like something they would do

Yup, you still have to get 25,000 renown for the year 2 and 3 operators though.
    Also, they're making all the gun attachments free for those 20 too.

https://www.cinemablend.com/games/2313531/rainbow-six-siege-is-making-20-different-operators-free

wow thats great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

wow thats great

I dont generally remember it being much of a hassle to unlock the first 20 ops via just playing tbh.

Its a bit of a double edged sword imo, I can see why they've done it so that people can unlock pretty critical dlc operators, but if anything people are going to take even longer to get used to the game if they have too many options to be experimenting with. I must have done the majority of my initial playing solely with Thermite / sledge / fuze and pulse / rook / kapkan - and if I'm being honest, the only reason I unlocked the 2 spetsnaz ops was because you can get cheap kills from the traps / fuze charge. :rolleyes:

I dont generally remember it being much of a hassle to unlock the first 20 ops via just playing tbh.

Its great for the mates that rarely get on so are usually stuck with recruit and a couple of others. The filthy casuals

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its great for the mates that rarely get on so are usually stuck with recruit and a couple of others. The filthy casuals

Yeah, I'd love to be able to dedicate more time to it, but these days i'm lucky to play a match or two a week. The joys of being a grown up. :rolleyes:

Update is 10 gig. Zombie mode is kind of Left 4 Dead type game. Fun but just seems weird going from normal siege game play.
    You still have to level up to unlock operators but now, you don't have to spend renown to make them playable.

I like R6Siege, its a good game. I have it since Beta ( I also have every other R6 game and GR).

I care not for skins and other items, I literally just want to play a team based, semi realistic (hardcore) shooting game that rewards teamplay.

R6Siege meets that expectation and goes well above, but in todays world it must have an additional transaction as its seems the gamers of this world want shiny skins and other items. Other people buy them and it makes them happy, it does not detract from my version of the game in any way shape or form.

The latest DLC is without doubt the best of the all the FREE DLC (9 so far) that has been released since I paid €26 for this game 3 years ago.

Why are people who play this game up in arms because an outbreak pack you dont have to buy or use or anything costs more than previous packs you didnt have to buy or use? :confused::confused:

The game is being steam review bombed by entitled gamers who have 300 hours and 300 more to play whinging about a shiny skin for a gun they have to buy but was free before.........it also has its highest every player count on PC.......

I have 20 unopened packs.........

• Advertisement

Yeah. To be honest i'm just happy that (a) they made this game and, (b) it's been such a success.

This is in my top 5 favourite games of all time.

176k concurrent steam players yesterday. I remember when it hit 20k and i thought great they might keep improving the game cause it had surpassed division ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Lads I know I have been out of the loop for a bit but I bought the new season pass and was all ready to rumble but WTF is going on with the SHIELDS now....they are so overpowered its not even funny. The hit boxes are so small now you cant hit blitz and the handguns can snipe you across the map ffs!

How the **** are you meant to hit a finger or a toe nail when blitz is running at you full pelt!!!! And if you are a non C4 operator FORGETABOUTIT!!!!

RANT OVER.
    :pac:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Lads I know I have been out of the loop for a bit but I bought the new season pass and was all ready to rumble but WTF is going on with the SHIELDS now....they are so overpowered its not even funny. The hit boxes are so small now you cant hit blitz and the handguns can snipe you across the map ffs!

How the **** are you meant to hit a finger or a toe nail when blitz is running at you full pelt!!!! And if you are a non C4 operator FORGETABOUTIT!!!!

RANT OVER.
    :pac:

Assuming you can't get an angle on him and dont have C4 etc. I think you want to melee Blitz if he gets to close. He falls back all dopey like, holding his shield out, and you can finish him.

Its quite hard to melee him in fairness, the way he can run at full speed with no hit boxes (he brings his gun inside the shield now) is also not a great idea. It was rare enough that players used shield operators before changes now they are every round......I have no probs with shield operators but even the playing field out.

Deffo needs a nerf imho.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭Josip007

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Its quite hard to melee him in fairness, the way he can run at full speed with no hit boxes (he brings his gun inside the shield now) is also not a great idea. It was  rare enough that players used shield operators before changes now they are every round......I have no probs with shield operators but even the playing field out.

Deffo needs a nerf imho.
    I wouldn't say he needs a nerf, he was useless before, but I'm a casual scrub so what do I know :P

Josip007 wrote: »
    I wouldn't say he needs a nerf, he was useless before, but I'm a casual scrub so what do I know :P

I am not saying nerf the bejaysus out of him, I really like having as much diversity in the game as possible but operators need to be able to counter shields more. Even the effectiveness of smokes gas is far to low and does not do as much damage as it should.

I think if they nerfed even his overall speed it would help, I picked him last night and I am really bad with shields and I did really well....so that proves he is OP LMAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

In small place he is very hard to escape the run-blind-knife. If he is at range I usually aim top left on him as the minute he aims that where you can hit him easy, I've had thoughts of drop shooting his feet but once your pron your stuck.

I don't know how you can nerf him fairly maybe just slow his running speed?

xPixelx wrote: »
    In small place he is very hard to escape the run-blind-knife. If he is at range I usually aim top left on him as the minute he aims that where you can hit him easy, I've had thoughts of drop shooting his feet but once your pron your stuck.

I don't know how you can nerf him fairly maybe just slow his running speed?

Small nerfs could be done by slowing the rate of fire of his gun. Or give him a magnum that is alot more powerful but slower firing.

Rise and fall animation of the shield while firing being slowed.

He can run so fast at the moment that could be slowed a tad.

Less bltiz flashes or longer between them.

By no means all of the above but there are things the devs could do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

I don't see his gun needing changing but yeah I never thought of the other things you mention they could work I suppose, I think we all agree he needs altering

Advertisement