Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Jaysus I dont know what it is lately but the amount of toxic players and team kills has gone through the roof......they need to remove friendly fire altogether or ban team killers for a week.

Its getting out of hand.

Need to play more ranked to get away from the "Riff-Raff".....lol

Ubi are actually working on this at the moment, one of their recent community updates mentioned this specifically. They're aware it's an issue and have more info here: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-321200-16/dev-blog-toxicity

Hopefully it'll be something substantial. Really wouldn't like to see friendly fire taken out, imo it's a defining aspect of the game as much as the destructibility is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Finally managed to get Gold last night on Ranked. While that isnt neccesarily a great achievement in and of itself, bear in mind that i've been playing Solo Queue since Velvet Shell.

Having your rank wrecked by joining teams of goons can be very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I've played so little since the last update that I managed one game of infected. And that was the only time I played.

I need to get back into it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

hightower1 wrote: »
    Ubi are actually working on this at the moment, one of their recent community updates mentioned this specifically. They're aware it's an issue and have more info here: https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-321200-16/dev-blog-toxicity

Hopefully it'll be something substantial. Really wouldn't like to see friendly fire taken out, imo it's a defining aspect of the game as much as the destructibility is.

I dont know why they don't do mirror damage (as in, if you shoot a teammate, he takes no damage and you take 75 to 100% of the damage dealt) even if only for casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

J Mysterio wrote:
    Having your rank wrecked by joining teams of goons can be very frustrating.

I've dropped down 6/7 ranks before due to solo queuing and toxic teams. If they want to fcuk about that's what casual is for ffs!!! My missus says I take this game to serious. I twitch droned her......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well gonna take my R6 to a whole new level #soundwhore, just ordered the Turtle Beach Elite Pro and T.A.C. They are on special on the TB website if anyone is looking for a serious headset upgrade, usually cost €200 each they are €259 for both with free shipping.

I sold my old PS4 for €200 so but the rest to it, I had the stealth 700 for a day or two and while the sound was very good the build quality was not great.

These will work on my 3 systems aswell, I have an XB1 and PC too.

https://intl.turtlebeach.com/eu/special-offers/elite-pro-t-a-c-pack

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

That drives me insane - your other 4 teammates die in the first 20 seconds, but then they vote to kick you because you only managed to kill 4 enemies in the 5v1. :mad:

They need to do something with the vote kick system. It's beyond stupid how often it goes up for players who to my eye have done nothing wrong.

Finally finished my 10 ranked games. Silver 1. Not bad considering I don't have a full squad playing with me and I'm new enough to it all. Finding killing people in shoot-outs to be handy enough, it's the real strategic kills that ruin me. Wall bangs from above after I've been spotted by a drone or whatever. Feels like you are learning all the time though.

Finally finished my 10 ranked games. Silver 1. Not bad considering I don't have a full squad playing with me and I'm new enough to it all. Finding killing people in shoot-outs to be handy enough, it's the real strategic kills that ruin me. Wall bangs from above after I've been spotted by a drone or whatever. Feels like you are learning all the time though.

Last season I had a good 10 ranking games and got gold 2. A week later I was bronze. Poxy solo que in a pain in the arse.

I'm playing over a year. Still learning.

They need to do something with the vote kick system. It's beyond stupid how often it goes up for players who to my eye have done nothing wrong.

yeah, the learning curve is steep, always watch the killcam, many a time I've though myself to be in a safe spot, only to get headshot by a lad who was 3 rooms away, who spotted me through 2 tennis ball sized holes he'd melee'd into a wall.

• Advertisement

I would learn the positioning from the kill cams not the execution if you get me.....many a time I got a 1 tap head shot death on screen like insta kill and the kill cam shows the other fella spraying for about 10 secs lol. I dont feel its a true representation of events, but deffo learn from the angles and that.

I am playing from the beta (I know you'd think I be better!!!) and still learning all the time, I had a K:D of 2 until I let my oldest kid play now so thats that out the window.

If you do manage to have a platinum chap on the team follow him around and learn his attack and defend strats you learn so much watching and playing with better players. Few lads that I play with that do alot of ranked have said that the standard this season has gone up and alot of the gold players are better so its harder to get a better rank.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Last season I had a good 10 ranking games and got gold 2. A week later I was bronze. Poxy solo que in a pain in the arse.

I'm playing over a year. Still learning.

I haven't played ranked this season. I try not to play ranked unless I have at least 2 mates playing.

Why is it so hard to get into a ranked match during the day???? Night time no bother but daytime waits of 5mins+

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to get into a ranked match during the day???? Night time no bother but daytime waits of 5mins+

Because people are in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Grayson wrote: »
    I haven't played ranked this season. I try not to play ranked unless I have at least 2 mates playing.

What platform do you play on because they have looking for group posts on Xbox you could try.

J Mysterio wrote:
    Because people are in work?

I'd say the vast majority of players either don't work or are in school tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

Grayson wrote: »

Id take losing in ranked over playing casual all day every day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Haven't actually tried ranked yet...might do tonight

Haven't actually tried ranked yet...might do tonight

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Id take losing in ranked over playing casual all day every day

275px-Recruit.png?version=11db91f3e0b2b5c837b6e14e4da9613b

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Should I get jackal or Vigil. I have only bought defenders so far.

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »

Don't have either but would probably go for Jackal. If you're looking for a good attacker, I'd recommend Zofia. Excellent gun, loads of ammo for her ability and she can revive herself from a downed state.
    Definitely my go-to attacker.

....or you could go for Lion who's the best attacker in the game. Mind you, he's going to be nerfed badly at the start of June.

Why is it every time I play **** my team wins and every time I play well the rest of my team are fcukin idiots????

Mr_Man2121 wrote:

Vigil IMO. Jackel is OK but when using his ability its hard to see clearly.

Not a huge fan of Jackal or Vigil really, but would go for Jackal. His ability is decent at least.

When Vigil is on the opposition team, he seems to always shoot at the drone, miss, and thus leave himself open to being scanned, rendering his ability obsolete. Don't see the point of Vigil at all tbh. Doesnt contribute to the team.

I like the sound of Alibis ability. Think I'll save my renown for her.
    https://youtu.be/TH9TbSPu9_A

Oooh, new operators! Like the sound of both of them tbh.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Oooh, new operators! Like the sound of both of them tbh.

Was hoping the Barrage fella had a proper gun turret but looks like it "zaps" like Twitches drone

I would go with Vigil over Jackal, while he has a decent gun his ability is not great. Just lets people know you are there if you activate it, when I did play him I just looked at the floor to see colour of footprints but never scanned them....

Vigil is better as he has a very good gadget but knowing when to pop it is crucial, if you pop it all the time you let people know you are around. He has 2 good guns and his shotgun is so OP if you are anyway accurate (which I am not) Alot of the platinum lads use the shotgun all the time.

• Advertisement

I dunno, I think vigils gadget is borderline useless, at least if you're hiding in a room, and a drone passes through, theres a chance you wont be spotted, but vigils ability adds that distortion effect to the camera, effectively telling the attacker that you're definitely in the area.

Advertisement