Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Thanks lads, I got Jackal but Vigil is next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

w35z2ti3ejt01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

J Mysterio wrote: »
    w35z2ti3ejt01.jpg

I laughed out loud and my wife asked, "anything good?".
    Said yes, still laughing; then rethought on it..
    Nah...
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Last game last night, I got distracted and ended up recruit in the 1st round. Ended up last alive and lost a 1v1 due to no sight on the gun. Que the torrent of abuse from my team of randomers(in ranked btw)
    Long story short, we ended up winning 4 - 2 and I got MVP........the silence from the team was deafening!!!!!

The 2 games before that I was in with 3 guys with similar names team killing and ****ing about trying to down rank I'd imagine. Pissses me off no end with these fcukers.........they need to do something about players like these asap......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I dunno, I think vigils gadget is borderline useless, at least if you're hiding in a room, and a drone passes through, theres a chance you wont be spotted, but vigils ability adds that distortion effect to the camera, effectively telling the attacker that you're definitely in the area.

Yeah but you could be a floor above or below the drone....not actually near the drone as in the same area, even floor.

I agree he is not brilliant but he is better then a few other defenders in fairness.

• Advertisement

Apparently, Vigil is about to be nerfed badly in the new patch...

smokingman wrote: »
    Apparently, Vigil is about to be nerfed badly in the new patch...

His guns? Because in fairness they can't nerf his gadget at all.

EDIT: Nevermind, they are changing his gadget run time from 30 seconds to 12 but they are shortening the recharge time.

There are a few big nerfs with Lion getting hammered the most, his ability is losing its constant focus. As in even if you are detected if you stop moving you will not be seen allowing you to say go prone if you are rushed. Also they are reducing the amount of drone from 3 to 2 and the time it takes to recharge is getting longer.
    Cant understand why they are taking the claymore off Hibana!!!

Really hate the way they base everything on the pro league and then dictate to the casual gamers.....its not like we are exploiting stupid developer mistakes like in the pro leagues.

Its the pick and win rate of Lion and Hibana that is getting them nerf'd all in the pro leagues!!!!

Other changes are coming in after then new recoil system is embeded.

I'll never forgive them for the Twitch nerf.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

It must be some sort of unwritten rule that every new set of operators is hilariously overpowered at launch to make them appealing.

• Advertisement

Off current topic but has anyone noticed the following happening;

Your team is up 3 - 0.

Your team lose the next 4 rounds.

I've had this happen at least 10 times. Last night was the first time I had it happen the other way round where my team were down 3 - 0 and ended up winning 3 - 4. For the first 3 rounds my team managed 4 kills in total yet somehow managed to win 4 on the bounce. I'm convinced there is some kind of balancing going on in the background............it's annoying the fcuk out of me.

Latest test server patch notes are up.
    3 speed ops are slowing down, 1 speed speeding up. Move faster with a handgun equiped and some ops are getting a new secondary of a bullet proof camera.

Bulletproof camera footage on the test server:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDv0yuoucr0

Patch is due on console today so have your last bit of fun with Lion. Looking forward to seeing the lmg buffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Got 3 kills with frost traps last night, never did that before.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Got 3 kills with frost traps last night, never did that before.

Haven't tried her, is her gun any good?

smokingman wrote: »
    Haven't tried her, is her gun any good?

I find it alright

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Shot gun is excellent at close range, never use the other thing.

Tips for usage, grab Armour put up walls then run to put your traps down. Put them on dark floors in places you assume the attacker is going to walk into in ADS. I never put them at windows always in corridors or at stairs or just off the entrance to a room. I also rarely put them in the objective room. Then I hide in a corner and wait to come up behind them.

She is surprisingly effective in ranked.

From the official stats site:

ENEMIES CAUGHT IN WELCOME MATS

rl00ungmpxv01.png

parabellum_main_keyart_with_logo_322472.jpg

Year Three Season Two brings a breath of innovation, spawning a new intel gadget, a Clubhouse map buff, an Echo buff, lots of gameplay fixes, and the Pick & Ban settings.

On the gameplay front, expect a series of enhancements. We are adjusting how dropshotting is handled and implementing a new counter defuser animation. Make sure to play on our Test Server and submit your feedback on the R6 Fix.

And we can’t wait to see you perform unprecedented tactics through the Pick & Ban system. This feature provides an extra layer of strategy between teams, as each side tries to counter their opponents’ picks during the banning phase. We also anticipate a thrilling twist at the last moment, when teams swap Operators for the unexpected 6th Pick.

Lastly, we are releasing our Y3S2 major update: Operation Para Bellum. Two new Defenders are joining Team Rainbow in our most competitive map to date.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-322451-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

• Advertisement

Is that meant to say 'plan' as opposed to 'ban'?

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Is that meant to say 'plan' as opposed to 'ban'?

No, it's ban. They are introducing some weird system where you pick which players you want and then can also ban the opposition team from playing certain operators.

J Mysterio wrote:
    No, it's ban. They are introducing some weird system where you pick which players you want and then can also ban the opposition team from playing certain operators.

So we'll be seeing a lot more of kapkan, castle, fuze, tchanka, echo, glaz and capitao..........better start practicing with them!!!!

Frosts machine gun is very good with the quick ADS attachment and the extended barrel. Recoil is low and predictable, I never use the shottie always the machine gun.....she is a very good defender TBH.

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Frosts machine gun is very good with the quick ADS attachment and the extended barrel. Recoil is low and predictable, I never use the shottie always the machine gun.....she is a very good defender TBH.

Never use the shotgun either.

Have got some insane footage in the last two weeks. Will try and stick it up here if I can get around to editing it.

J Mysterio wrote:
    Have got some insane footage in the last two weeks. Will try and stick it up here if I can get around to editing it.

You playing on PC?

PS4

J Mysterio wrote:
    PS4

How are you recording it?

• Advertisement

khaldrogo wrote: »
    How are you recording it?

If you hit the share button, you can save the last 15 mins of gameplay. Longer maybe if you change the settings.

Advertisement