Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I'm only just getting used to Tower.........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Cant wait to get the graphics update on Xbox One X tomorrow and anyone on PS4 Pro I am sure you are too.

It will make some difference. Especially in sights like the red dot. I've played it on PC and Xbox and have appreciated how much better the sights are on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

OFFICIAL:

Operation Para Bellum being released 7th June (Thursday) for season pass holders. 14th June for all the riff raff.....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Is it definitely out tomorrow? Edit: scratch that, didn't see the post before this one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Has the Xbox One X & PS4 Pro update been pushed out until Thursday? I was listed as June 5th.

• Advertisement

Deffo release is the 7th, I think there was a last minute fix to be done thats why its out on a Thurs rather then the usual Tues I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭skerry

Lads, thinking of finally picking this up in the E3 sale to scratch my online multiplayer FPS itch. I enjoy the odd crucible match in D2 but looking for another option and have heard good things on the continued support for the game much like they've done with Division.

Just wondering what the community is like and also am I too late in the game to be getting into this?

I've read about team-killing and things like that which sounds fairly toxic but tempted to check it out regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

10/10 - should buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

For competitive FPS nothing compares to this and Overwatch imo.

IvoryTower wrote: »
    For competitive FPS nothing compares to this and Overwatch imo.

I actually have Overwatch at home and haven't even opened it yet. Got it bundled with my One X last week and had planned on just trading it in.

Would you rate one better than the other. Might give Overwatch a whirl before I trade it so and see how it is, could hold off on Siege then if I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

skerry wrote: »
    I actually have Overwatch at home and haven't even opened it yet. Got it bundled with my One X last week and had planned on just trading it in.

Would you rate one better than the other. Might give Overwatch a whirl before I trade it so and see how it is, could hold off on Siege then if I like it.

Theyre probably my 2 fave games of the last 10 years, I play ow every day so that pips it for me but both amazing and some people will prefer r6 obviously

IvoryTower wrote: »
    Theyre probably my 2 fave games of the last 10 years, I play ow every day so that pips it for me but both amazing and some people will prefer r6 obviously

Would be jumping into either one (or both) as a solo player teaming up with randoms I guess, is mic essential in these games, they seem a lot more team focused than PVP in Destiny

the basic edition of siege can be found dirt cheap on adverts or donedeal if you're on xbox. It was part of a console bundle a few months back and there are a lot of codes out there being sold. As for recommending it - yea, its very hard, but very rewarding. its easy avoid toxic players by using the LFG (looking for group) funtion, generally anyone going to the trouble of making a post isn't going to be trolling or messing about.

I never took to overwatch, the cartoon style didn't do it for me, a few of the lads I play with regularly absolutely rave about it though. They do free to play weekends pretty often too, so you could always wait to dip your toe.

Would be jumping into either one (or both) as a solo player teaming up with randoms I guess, is mic essential in these games, they seem a lot more team focused than PVP in Destiny

you can play it solo, and most people in the casual playlist dont have mics, but its a completely different game when you have a team that are fully mic'd up, and using actual tactics.

you can play it solo, and most people in the casual playlist dont have mics, but its a completely different game when you have a team that are fully mic'd up, and using actual tactics.

Cool, think I'll give Overwatch a whirl over the weekend and if I'm not digging it might trade it and get Rainbow Six Siege in the E3 sale or something.

Eh... I thought we were getting thr update today?

Ah... it is downloading ! :)

Games UI has had a super overhaul and it looks really well, sometimes the little things make a huge difference. I take it the high res. patch has been added coz the new map looks so so sharp and so do the guns and ops......

Club house is mental now, cant get over the new layout but I feel its for the best very hard to defend garage section now.

Virgin picked the worst day to fcuk about with my internet......

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Games UI has had a super overhaul and it looks really well, sometimes the little things make a huge difference. I take it the high res. patch has been added coz the new map looks so so sharp and so do the guns and ops......

Club house is mental now, cant get over the new layout but I feel its for the best very hard to defend garage section now.

It's amazing how fresh the changes make the game feel, little things like the animated attack / defend icons etc, makes it look a lot more modern. Only had time for two quick games and wasn't fast enough to grab the new ops at any stage, but I do like the look of the new map, miles better than tower anyway, try as I might, I never felt like I knew where I was going in it.

• Advertisement

I played 1 game of casual today (first time in over a year) to check out the map and the new operators. First round three of my team get killed and me and another survive. I got two assists and two kills, including a kill to win the round. Straight away after, 3 of 4 players voted to kick me. Wtf. Honestly, casual is a ****storm, never again.

I played 6 games of ranked. It's a nightmare at the minute. I had a 3 lads on my team pick recruit and TK from the off laughing about fcuking up people's chances to get a decent rank........

Ranked has been 95% fine for me, though I had two shocking encounters back to back yesterday with lads saying some bad shıt on mic. That level of abuse hasnt happened before though, so it's very rare I think.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Ranked has been 95% fine for me, though I had two shocking encounters back to back yesterday with lads saying some bad shıt on mic. That level of abuse hasnt happened before though, so it's very rare I think.

the start of a new season is always the most toxic time IMO, it brings all the low attention span mouthbreathers back out of the woodwork to check out the new operators. You'll have the usual teamkilling of people who have the season pass / access to the new ops ahead of the other peasants in casual as well.

I used Alibi a few times yesterday.......I don't think anyone fell for them......I got not signal that they did anyway......new OP seemed rubbish to me so far

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Can alibis holograms and maestros camera things be detected by IQ?

Mr_Man2121 wrote:

I'd say so

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »

yes, they also show up as transparent on Glazs' scope.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

yes, they also show up as transparent on Glazs' scope.

That's ****e. Thanks for the answer, just updated it will play it tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Glazs' rifle has had a rate of fire buff by the way; noticeably faster!

Advertisement