Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Fantastic update. Loving it.

BTW, if you drone through a hologram it marks you. If you move through or shoot a hologram it marks you.

You can destroy it by shooting the holograms mechanism on the floor. Twitch can zap them as long as you shoot the base. Zap the projected character and you are spotted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I used Alibi a few times yesterday.......I don't think anyone fell for them......I got not signal that they did anyway......new OP seemed rubbish to me so far

yeah but the fun part then if no one is falling for it, is for you to stand there in a weird place and pretend to be the hologram :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    yeah but the fun part then if no one is falling for it, is for you to stand there in a weird place and pretend to be the hologram :D

I had a few people fall for them. I tend to place them behind cover looking at one door and exposed to another so people think I'm camping and not looking at them.

I shot them a few times when I blew hatches. I see them below and just fire.

Someone I know suggested just blocking windows with them so if someone shoots out the window they get tagged. Also people can't see through the window as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

I think the best use for them is to give you a slight advantage as they run into a room you are in/hiding close by even if they don't shoot it the few seconds spent aiming at the hologram you have an advantage to kill them as they have to turn back to where you are... The window trick is also a nice tactic for them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

So.......I'm not too happy......I said to myself that I would smash the 10 game ranking series and start this season somewhere in the golds......I forgot to factor in the diickless wonders intent on fcuking up people who had plans like mine.

Out of the 10 games I had only 3 where there was no one TKing. As a result I ended up bronze 1. OK I said, I'll work my way up. 2 loses later I'm bronze 3. Another 2 games I'm copper!!!!! Since when has become so easy to rank up and down?? I'm back up to bronze 2 but its near impossible to go any higher for a man of my limited abilities while solo queueing.

Level 20 before you can play ranked is bollix. There should be other parameters. How many TK or abandoned games should come into it.
    That would weed out the toxic players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

So.......I'm not too happy......I said to myself that I would smash the 10 game ranking series and start this season somewhere in the golds......I forgot to factor in the diickless wonders intent on fcuking up people who had plans like mine.

Out of the 10 games I had only 3 where there was no one TKing. As a result I ended up bronze 1. OK I said, I'll work my way up. 2 loses later I'm bronze 3. Another 2 games I'm copper!!!!! Since when has become so easy to rank up and down?? I'm back up to bronze 2 but its near impossible to go any higher for a man of my limited abilities while solo queueing.

Level 20 before you can play ranked is bollix. There should be other parameters. How many TK or abandoned games should come into it.
    That would weed out the toxic players

I have a mate who's rank fell so far he described his rank as wood. :D

He did go on to become one of the top 100 players in europe that season and he managed to carry me to platnium with him.

I'm lucky, I came in at gold 1 this season. It would have been higher but I played the last three games with my mate (from above) and three of his mates who I'd never played with before. We lost two and I was the highest scorer both of those games. Probably the best night I've had playing in months and I still didn't get plat.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I havent played this in about a year..

is it worth getting back into,baring in mind that i quit because of the tk'ing.. ps4 btw.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

bigphil2 wrote: »
    I havent played this in about a year..

is it worth getting back into,baring in mind that i quit because of the tk'ing.. ps4 btw.?

Yes, but on the proviso you play Ranked only.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yes, but on the proviso you play Ranked only.

Ah! thought as much.. before all that TK sh*te started i enjoyed just hooking up with randomers and ending up playing for 3 or 4 hours with the same people..

its a Pity that Twats ruin everything..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

New operators are buy able from 3pm today for non-seasonpass peeps.
    Maestro is a lot of fun...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭CobraClan

I've been playing R6S on the PC for the last two years but sometimes its a headache having to sit at a monitor so got myself an XB1 yesterday and downloaded it! It's very different on the console compared to the PC but its still great fun to play, now I can relax on the couch. Don't have any friends on the XB1 yet so if anyone would like to add me that be great! AtomicHit is my profile name Xbox one, feel free to add me, thanks!

When I've been logging on since the update sometimes my operators are missing. I have unlocked them all but sometimes I can't access them........anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Anybody find that they are playing 4v5 a lot at the moment, even in ranked? Played 4 games last night and we were a man down in each. Was similar the last night I played as well. Makes it very difficult to solo queue and it seems like when somebody drops out, their position is saved for the duration of the gane so you see them reconnect a bunch of times but their ****ty internet sees them getting kicked again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

me and a mate were only saying it last night, 6 of the 7 or 8 games we played had a man down on one or both sides. we had a lad drop, come back then the other team dropped a guy.

something has to be goin on wrong. we keep getting errors during matchmaking, a lot more than before the patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah new patches always upset the apple cart and bug fixes cause new bugs....should settle down. I am getting a terrible hit detection since new patch, I swear R6 must be the only game in history that penalises the player with the better ping!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Interested in getting started in this game but not too sure about which version to buy. I know to stay away from starter, but would it be worth my while buying the Gold version?

I would actually reccomend the Standard edition I think. If you enjoy the game, you'll have fun unlocking the operators and you then have time to 'learn' each as you go.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I would actually reccomend the Standard edition I think. If you enjoy the game, you'll have fun unlocking the operators and you then have time to 'learn' each as you go.

34 euro for the Gold version seems good tho, especially with it containing Year 3 season pass, compared to the 20 euro for standard? I do understand about unlocking as I go and finding it good, but it seems like a bit of a no brainer!

Yeah 34 for the gold edition is very good, and considering you will get literally hundreds of hrs from the game its a no brainer.

Anyone else having trouble getting a game??? Queuing for over 5 mins most of the time since the update

• Advertisement

Anyone else having trouble getting a game??? Queuing for over 5 mins most of the time since the update

I tried to play ranked last Thursday and Friday and just. Could. Not. Get. A. Game. Queued forever and gave up. Havent had a shot again yet, it's very annoying.

Casual seemed to work fine, but i've no time for it.

J Mysterio wrote:
    Casual seemed to work fine, but i've no time for it.

I'd rather do terrorist hunt tbh

Just took me about 20 mins to get a game, first seconds of first round I'm TKd.........they need to sort this shiit out

Played a couple games last night and really enjoyed it even if I was getting absolutely slaughtered...
    It will be a learning curve for sure, all about map knowledge, angles etc. But looking forward to it!

I had such a bad ranking campaign with team killing and trolls etc that I'm now in a vicious circle of crap team mates, team killing and players abandoning games. I've decided to actively de-rank all the way and give the game a break for a few weeks to let the toxic settle and try to get a better rank. It is such a different game in the higher ranks.
    I ranked in gold 1 on Blood Orchid through sticking with a good group for 4/5 matches but due to my lack of ability at the time I finished the season in the bronzes.......there's no comparison between copper and gold games IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I had such a bad ranking campaign with team killing and trolls etc that I'm now in a vicious circle of crap team mates, team killing and players abandoning games. I've decided to actively de-rank all the way and give the game a break for a few weeks to let the toxic settle and try to get a better rank. It is such a different game in the higher ranks.
    I ranked in gold 1 on Blood Orchid through sticking with a good group for 4/5 matches but due to my lack of ability at the time I finished the season in the bronzes.......there's no comparison between copper and gold games IMO.

Do you generally solo-queue? It's very hit & miss for me. I joined a few R6S communities, have managed to get a few good squads together out of it (mics, English-speaking, know what they're doing).

Do you generally solo-queue? It's very hit & miss for me. I joined a few R6S communities, have managed to get a few good squads together out of it (mics, English-speaking, know what they're doing).

Solo que 99.99% of the time. Any links to the communities?

Getting a game is deffo slower after the new update, and I cannot stand T.Hunt as its only 30FPS very annoying coming from the 60fps of the main game.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Solo que 99.99% of the time. Any links to the communities?

Sorry I meant in the Communities section on the PS4 dashboard, though I guess there are some on Reddit too for each platform.

• Advertisement

rainbow-six-all-operators-mart-virkus-web.jpg

Advertisement