Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Got put into a game already 2-0 down and started having loads of net code issues. Everyone bar me and 1 enemy dropped out or had problems. Head to 4 min 42 seconds if you don't want to be bored by the net code prob's.
    ...that was quite enjoyable despite the frustrations...
    https://youtu.be/6ox8UejmIg0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Why is it so hard to get a game??? 9 mins queuing now

Seems a hell of a lot of network problems here too lately

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

khaldrogo wrote: »
    Why is it so hard to get a game??? 9 mins queuing now

Ahh thats mental man, if it doesnt happen in the first 2 mins or so just quit and re-launch its alot quicker.

Have not been playing much of anything lately but there is probs since the drop of latest patch.....especially with hit detection I have found.

Wonda-Boy wrote:
    Ahh thats mental man, if it doesnt happen in the first 2 mins or so just quit and re-launch its alot quicker.

I normally do but I was watching something on the phone at the time so just let it go to see how long it would take. I quit after that one and relaunched and the next one was 10 mins before I quit. The next was under 2. I'm actively trying to de rank so I was wondering if it had anything to do with playing in the bottom ranks???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I normally do but I was watching something on the phone at the time so just let it go to see how long it would take. I quit after that one and relaunched and the next one was 10 mins before I quit. The next was under 2. I'm actively trying to de rank so I was wondering if it had anything to do with playing in the bottom ranks???

What is the logic with 'deranking' :confused::confused::confused:

J Mysterio wrote:
    What is the logic with 'deranking'

I had a bad ranking series due to trolls and team killings. I want to in rank and start it again now that the trolls are gone and things have settled

I had a bad ranking series due to trolls and team killings. I want to in rank and start it again now that the trolls are gone and things have settled

This just makes no sense to me at all.

Also, you are playing ranked games and being actively shıt? Wtf.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    This just makes no sense to me at all.

I considered losing every one of my first 10 games so I could start at the bottom and see if I could rank all the way up to plat in a season. The main reason I wouldn't is that it's 10 lost games for others playing with me. And I couldn't do that to anyone.

However I wouldn't even consider it after the first 10. That just sounds like too much effort.

J Mysterio wrote:

Not being ****, just not being very good but still trying to keep up my KD

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote:
    However I wouldn't even consider it after the first 10. That just sounds like too much effort.

It is but I'm only 1 game away from it

If the team is good enough to win when I'm playing bad and we are up enough to suggest we will win then I will play properly

I ranked on the bottom bronze and despite many games to rank up the teams I was getting stuck with were rubbish and full of trolls or noobs. I wasnt ranking up. Within 5 games I was low copper. I ranked back up a few ranks but then dropped again.

So now that the trolls are gone and the crap players are ranked away down low I can try to re rank to a decent level and go from there

I'm also playing with operators I never normally use so I'm getting good use out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

If the team is good enough to win when I'm playing bad and we are up enough to suggest we will win then I will play properly

I ranked on the bottom bronze and despite many games to rank up the teams I was getting stuck with were rubbish and full of trolls or noobs. I wasnt ranking up. Within 5 games I was low copper. I ranked back up a few ranks but then dropped again.

So now that the trolls are gone and the crap players are ranked away down low I can try to re rank to a decent level and go from there

People like you are the worst. ****ing play the game. One player is a troll. You even the team's out with one headshot

People like you are the worst. ****ing play the game. One player is a troll. You even the team's out with one headshot

Team killing? People like you are the worst.....I'm just trying to get myself into a rank where I can enjoy playing the game. At the minute I spend my time playing with absolute morons in the copper and bronze ranks and not enjoying it because of it. I can get MVP every game with 8/9/10+ kills and we still lose because some clown picked Mira on Train or some fool picked Fuze on hostage and despite having mics none of them say a fcuking word to each other. It was getting to the point where I was considering giving up the game. Why should my enjoyment be ruined when there is something simple I can do to fix it? I make no apologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Team killing? People like you are the worst.....I'm just trying to get myself into a rank where I can enjoy playing the game. At the minute I spend my time playing with absolute morons in the copper and bronze ranks and not enjoying it because of it. I can get MVP every game with 8/9/10+ kills and we still lose because some clown picked Mira on Train or some fool picked Fuze on hostage and despite having mics none of them say a fcuking word to each other. It was getting to the point where I was considering giving up the game. Why should my enjoyment be ruined when there is something simple I can do to fix it? I make no apologies.

sigh.....

everyone else is going to groan when I say this(for the 17th time on this thread)....

Play R6 with people on TS or Discord or whatever, dont play public, certainly dont play ranked with public players.

This is a team based game that needs a team to play,5 lone wolfs are not going to do well.

If you have no Siege mates join a group, if you prefer to lone wolf you will suck at this game, you will get kills but in the wrong places :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dreamers75 wrote: »
    sigh.....

everyone else is going to groan when I say this(for the 17th time on this thread)....

Play R6 with people on TS or Discord or whatever, dont play public, certainly dont play ranked with public players.

This is a team based game that needs a team to play,5 lone wolfs are not going to do well.

If you have no Siege mates join a group, if you prefer to lone wolf you will suck at this game, you will get kills but in the wrong places :)

So much this. I'd rather hop in with a group of strangers from LFG than lone wolf it. You meet the occasional knob, but in general, if they've gone to the effort of making a post and starting a party, they're going to most likely be attempting to play the game somewhat properly

dreamers75 wrote:
    If you have no Siege mates join a group, if you prefer to lone wolf you will suck at this game, you will get kills but in the wrong places

I don't agree with this. Many times I have played very well and got MVP in games with 4 random team makes. Lone wolf does not mean YOU will suck, it may mean the team will or the game will but not necessarily you. But I do agree it SHOULD be played as a team game and the best games I've played were as such.

Anyway, I'm 17 points away from deranking which should be done tonight and then I'm away for a week and when I come back its business as usual

So much this. I'd rather hop in with a group of strangers from LFG than lone wolf it. You meet the occasional knob, but in general, if they've gone to the effort of making a post and starting a party, they're going to most likely be attempting to play the game somewhat properly

What's LFG?

I've joined groups on PS communities and left my details and stated I'm looking for team mates and got no replies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

remind me why de-ranking would get better games? surely you have to rank up to get better games? Copper and bronze is a **** show of the highest order lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

What's LFG?

I've joined groups on PS communities and left my details and stated I'm looking for team mates and got no replies

Looking for Group. In Xbox you can create posts that say "searching for ppl, plat or higher, to play ranked" for example.

IvoryTower wrote:
    remind me why de-ranking would get better games? surely you have to rank up to get better games? Copper and bronze is a **** show of the highest order lol

Because I have ranked in gold for the last 3 seasons. This seasons ranking was particularly toxic for me for some reason. Now that the toxic is gone I'll have a better chance of getting a good rank.

I play casual with 4 friends that have the game.
    Sometimes I lose a lot, don't get a kill for ages, get accidentally team killed by a friend and maybe shouldn't be playing cause we're all too drunk; other times I'm a murderin god.

All times though, I'm enjoying the gunplay and banter and couldn't give a hoot for any kind of rank.

smokingman wrote:
    All times though, I'm enjoying the gunplay and banter and couldn't give a hoot for any kind of rank.

Casual is fine if you have a squad. But if you don't its crap which is why I play ranked. I don't care what rank I am but the higher the rank the better the game is because you are playing with people who play the game properly use their mic

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I don't agree with this. Many times I have played very well and got MVP in games with 4 random team makes. Lone wolf does not mean YOU will suck, it may mean the team will or the game will but not necessarily you. But I do agree it SHOULD be played as a team game and the best games I've played were as such.

Anyway, I'm 17 points away from deranking which should be done tonight and then I'm away for a week and when I come back its business as usual

Yeah im not even gonna argue with you, I playing this since Alpha and you are deranking......

Its like you read what i posted in a different language, anyway good luck to you, best tactical shooter FPS around. Nothing comes close to it. play with people you know :)

I was actually gonna explain the seasons and ranking to you but GL HF GG.......

I have no idea what your ****eing on about......explain the ranking to me!!! Gobshiite!!!!! Which pro league team are you on???

I'm giving myself a second chance to get a higher rank starting off so I can enjoy the game more.....what's the/your problem

How does it work?

The Rainbow Six Siege skill rating system is based on the Trueskill algorithm. It's an evolution of the Elo/Glicko rating systems that works better for multiplayer games (Elo and Glicko are designed for 1v1 games like chess).

Your skill rank is initially computed after 5 placement games, from your skill rating value (for math geeks, the mu variable). Following that, it's updated after each ranked game you play.

Your skill rank is specific to the region you're playing in (Europe, North America, Asia, etc.). Players from different regions almost never play against each other, and since skill isn't an absolute measure but a relative one (it doesn't tell how good you are -- only whether or not you're better than another player), ranks can't be directly compared across regions (RTS and MOBA players call that the Korean bronze effect).

This means that if you move halfway across the world, you will have to go through your placement games again and find out how good you are compared to other players in your new region.

What makes my rank change? What parameters are taken into account?

Exactly two things:
    •    The relative skill levels of the players/teams in the game.
    •    Whether or not your team won the game.

KDA doesn't matter. Score doesn't matter. Hashtag MLG 420 noscope montage-worthy plays don't matter. Rainbow Six is a team-based game and as such, the only thing that accurately determines whether you're a good R6S player is your ability to make your team win games.

In addition, if there's a large skill difference between the two teams and the outcome of the game is what the system expects, the skill adjustment after the game will be minimal (if a bronze team loses to a gold team, it's unsurprising and the skill levels won't change much -- now if the bronze team wins, that's a whole different story).

There is, however, one exception to all that:

If you abandon a ranked game (whether it's by ragequitting, AFKing or getting votekicked out), it's always counted as a loss for you, even if your team wins.

Furthermore, if the game server crashes (it still happens from time to time, and we're working to minimize that too), we consider that the game didn't happen. No skill adjustments are made.

This still makes no sense at all.

So you rank down to Copper 5 or whatever, what then? You just have to work your way back up through the ranks again surely? So why 'derank'? How is that 'removing the toxic'? It'ss bizarre.

J Mysterio wrote:
    So you rank down to Copper 5 or whatever, what then? You just have to work your way back up through the ranks again surely? So why 'derank'? How is that 'removing the toxic'? It'ss bizarre.

Unless its changed from the last time it happened to me on my first season, when you lose enough points you become un ranked and then have to go through the ranking process again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Sounds like peeps are REALLY enjoying the game.....

Advertisement