Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sounds like peeps are REALLY enjoying the game.....

Got a load of MVPs last night despite my half bottle of rum and my team being a bit on the slow side after a few bong hits each. Great fun all the same and even when we're losing, we're having the craic on the best shooter out there.

Unlocked Frost on my last 25000 renown about a week ago and really liking her.
    Her submachine gun is rubbish on paper but a lot of fun and surprisingly effective in real games. Her traps always put a big smile on my face when someone gets caught....especially if I'm already dead, watching them creep around a corner on the cameras and be so preoccupied with the angle into objective that they don't look down....cue my drunken screaming at my team "watch this!, watch this,! BOOM ha ha ha ha"
    Hiiiiiiiiilarity!

2 free summer alpha packs there waiting for yez lads. Got an IQ gun skin and flip flops charm meself

Don't think I've seen a more blatant copy of Siege but I'm still interested, purely because it's VR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpX-MujMA0E

Imagine Caveiras interrogation in VR!...

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

smokingman wrote: »
    Don't think I've seen a more blatant copy of Siege but I'm still interested, purely because it's VR.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpX-MujMA0E

Imagine Caveiras interrogation in VR!...

I'm positively giddy about it. If they get the movement, scale etc. right, it could be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

Anyone else having issues getting on tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

khaldrogo wrote: »

I can't get on either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It's amazing how much they have needed blackbeard compared to his original state. I honestly can't think of any char in any game ever so has been so nerfed

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

It's amazing how much they have needed blackbeard compared to his original state. I honestly can't think of any char in any game ever so has been so nerfed

He was OP as **** when he 1st came out, him on a window ledge could wipe out a team easily.

Had to nerf him tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

dreamers75 wrote: »
    He was OP as **** when he 1st came out, him on a window ledge could wipe out a team easily.

Had to nerf him tbh.

Oh I fully agree but the problem remains they made a character who can take shots to the head in a game where a single bullet can do it. They need to rework him as as long as that's ability you can't balance him

Had problems with other games too.
    Guessing there was a Sony outage

BTW, Blackbeard isn't the only one getting nerfed. IQ and others not in the patch notes too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

Ying or Alibi?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

neither tbh

You wont pick em again.

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    Ying or Alibi?

Nope, Finkas boost is being halved from 20 seconds to 10, Dokebis mk14 is getting more recoil and her gadget is slower to put away, navy seals handgun is getting more damage, gign handgun gets less recoil, twitchs f2 is getting less damage and both of Frosts guns are getting a damage buff

Couldn't play with friends at all last night (invites to games never arrived) but could solo queue no problem. Hope the Sony issues are sorted out tonight...

Nope, Finkas boost is being halved from 20 seconds to 10, Dokebis mk14 is getting more recoil and her gadget is slower to put away, navy seals handgun is getting more damage, gign handgun gets less recoil, twitchs f2 is getting less damage and both of Frosts guns are getting a damage buff

I meant which one should I get

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    I meant which one should I get

ah, I really like Ying attacking but Alibi is a lot more fun (though maybe less effective).
    You need to be in a team coordinating with Ying really as you don't want to flash your team mates. If you only play solo then definitely go for Alibi

smokingman wrote:
    ah, I really like Ying attacking but Alibi is a lot more fun (though maybe less effective). You need to be in a team coordinating with Ying really as you don't want to flash your team mates. If you only play solo then definitely go for Alibi

I find ying's gun has bad recoil

I find ying's gun has bad recoil

It's less since the last lmg buff but with 80 bullets in the mag, you just try to outlast the defenders gun

I got ying. Now my only attacker. Getting Alibi next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Good jaysus, but tower is an absolutely awful map. I constantly feel lost on it.

• Advertisement

Good jaysus, but tower is an absolutely awful map. I constantly feel lost on it.

It takes a while but you get used to it....

Less than a month to go to the 2 new operators..
    Should be a preview of them in the next few days hopefully.

It takes a while but you get used to it....

I suppose I will get used to it, I just don't want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Less than a month to go to the 2 new operators..
    Should be a preview of them in the next few days hopefully.

They are releasing operators far too quickly, and some of them are just not as effective as some of the original operators (and if they are - i.e. Lion, they just nerfed to oblivion)

Corvo wrote: »
    They are releasing operators far too quickly, and some of them are just not as effective as some of the original operators (and if they are - i.e. Lion, they just nerfed to oblivion)

I have a lot of success with Lion. His gun is great but the trick with the gadget is to leave it towards the end of a fight and only use it to force defenders to stay put or move when you're about to push. Works especially well with a Fuze cluster bomb on objective.
    On another note, one of the weekly challenges this week gives epic and legendary alpha packs if you get 20 and then 40 head shots respectively.

I was playing last night and I actually had to stop and think what was Maestros ability :rolleyes:

To be fair though, I think by and large the ops are reasonably enough balanced even if some of them are a bit more situational than others. - a lot of them though are deadly when used with proper teamwork

wouldn't mind a fella with a stepladder to allow you go up through a trapdoor though.

I suppose I will get used to it, I just don't want to.

I felt like that too. Every time it showed up I said loudly, F%$k......its gone off ranked now so I don't have to deal with it anymore!!!

I felt like that too. Every time it showed up I said loudly, F%$k......its gone off ranked now so I don't have to deal with it anymore!!!

That was my exact reaction when it came up in casual last night, I thought they'd taken it out of all rotations until they redesigned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I have a lot of success with Lion. His gun is great but the trick with the gadget is to leave it towards the end of a fight and only use it to force defenders to stay put or move when you're about to push. Works especially well with a Fuze cluster bomb on objective.
    On another note, one of the weekly challenges this week gives epic and legendary alpha packs if you get 20 and then 40 head shots respectively.
    I was playing last night and I actually had to stop and think what was Maestros ability :rolleyes:

To be fair though, I think by and large the ops are reasonably enough balanced even if some of them are a bit more situational than others. - a lot of them though are deadly when used with proper teamwork

wouldn't mind a fella with a stepladder to allow you go up through a trapdoor though.

I agree with you both, however they really need to take more time to test the operators before release, which would happen if they stopped releasing them so quickly. Whether using renown or real cash etc, an operator doesn't come cheap. Releasing an operator only for it to be the drastically nerfed after a large amount of purchases just comes across a tad amateurish.

Obviously, the likes of Lion just had to be. But Blackbeard is getting hammered (even IQ lost her grenades!)

• Advertisement

I agree with you both, however they really need to take more time to test the operators before release, which would happen if they stopped releasing them so quickly. Whether using renown or real cash etc, an operator doesn't come cheap. Releasing an operator only for it to be the drastically nerfed after a large amount of purchases just comes across a tad amateurish.

Obviously, the likes of Lion just had to be. But Blackbeard is getting hammered (even IQ lost her grenades!)

I'm still convinced that every new operator is purposefully overpowered to make them more attractive to the meta. you can nearly set your watch to the inevitable nerf at midseason.

Advertisement