Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

xPixelx wrote: »
    Well in theory yes but you still require your team to have your back, and I presume you can still just lob a grenade over her.

I know I'm being quite negative but I personal feel she may be absolute useless. Fill that hole #TeamMemberTampon

TBH, I'm a bit more interested in her gadget as its somewhat more grounded in reality, unlike the recent holograms, nanoboosts etc.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The guy with the blow torch, assuming he can create holes in walls in more obscure places than you currently can, sounds very useful.

awec wrote: »
    The guy with the blow torch, assuming he can create holes in walls in more obscure places than you currently can, sounds very useful.

they'd hardly allow him break through those windows that are currently unbreakable (the steel shutters?) be a huge gamechanger if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

xPixelx wrote: »
    It looks to be electrified in the picture which is a scary thought I feel the game at the moment has enough shield carriers and they are an absolute b#!*h to come across especially a team with 2 shields like Montagne and Blitz.

I nearly always think with every announcement of new operators I think its going to screw the game up, I really hope it doesn't.

I really feel like other games that have a lot of characters like "smite" or "LoL" pro league you can choose 5 characters each the opposite team cant play. I feel ranked will maybe end up being that way, not 5 but maybe a 2 or 3.

Monty is one of my mains :) so this is very intriguing to me. Maybe it'll help counter Ash rushes and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭xPixelx

they'd hardly allow him break through those windows that are currently unbreakable (the steel shutters?) be a huge gamechanger if so.

Not to Mention a lot of work for them to go threw each map and program to allow it to happen I guess if it is a blow touch it will be like sledges hammer and have a bar showing its "use's" and can only be used on normal walls and reinforced ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

On another note. What is with the lag and lad spikes recently on Rainbow Six. For the past few weeks, getting the Yellow and Red Icons flash up in the right corner. Happens my entire team, as I play with the same 4 all the time. We all get the lag. Sometimes is shockingly bad and has affected the outcome of some of our matches.

I would say the game feels to be in a worse state now (network related) than it has been in years.

That and setting you to different servers.. with no fix available. Setting me to SBR and CUS etc is a joke. Why they removed the ability to select your data centre is beyond me.

ZiabR wrote: »
    On another note. What is with the lag and lad spikes recently on Rainbow Six. For the past few weeks, getting the Yellow and Red Icons flash up in the right corner. Happens my entire team, as I play with the same 4 all the time. We all get the lag. Sometimes is shockingly bad and has affected the outcome of some of our matches.

I would say the game feels to be in a worse state now (network related) than it has been in years.

That and setting you to different servers.. with no fix available. Setting me to SBR and CUS etc is a joke. Why they removed the ability to select your data centre is beyond me.

Yeah, I'm having big bouts of that myself - I was having ISP problems at the time and I thought it was down to that, but now that its all fixed again I'm having the same issues. - same story with being connected to different data centres. On a good day, i'll be connected to 'neu' and have a ping of about 15ms, but other times its been up and around 250 to 300.

you know yourself, connection is vital in this game as a split second is the difference between getting a kill and being murdered.

Another I notice a lot is when you die, and are spectating your teammates - there's almost always one player that seems to be stuttering around the map like they have a really bad connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Yes, at the moment every night I am getting massive ping jumps from a solid 34ms to 500-800ms and the network symbols show in the top right hand corner of the screen.

We call out the lag spikes in our 5 man squad and everyone is saying they are getting the spikes.

*edit: I hope they are not moving away from Microsoft's Azure servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Excited to see the new operators. It will be Aug 16/17 before the full reveal though.

Kinda dissapointed to ser another GB operator, but called 'Shea'. Give us an Irish operator. The Irish have world class champion snipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Excited to see the new operators. It will be Aug 16/17 before the full reveal though.

Kinda dissapointed to ser another GB operator, but called 'Shea'. Give us an Irish operator. The Irish have world class champion snipers.

I do hope we get an Irish operator soon.

"Paddy" , deploys Tayto on the floor. When someone stands on it their position is revealed along with a lovely audible crunch.

• Advertisement

:pac:

Article here about Irish Snipers winning US Army International Sniper Competition:

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/watch-american-medias-shocked-reaction-6708316.amp

Feckin Glaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Siege down to 16 euro on psn right now BTW. .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Been playing this since Black Ice, flicked it on tonight for a few games in both casual and ranked and got my arse handed to me in pretty much every game. Just one of those nights where I can’t hit a barn door and made every wrong decision.

Last operator I unlocked was Vigil and I have to say, I've never had as many kills defending with any other. Love going invisible when I'm the last one in the objective and being droned out only to surprise the guy with a submachine gun to the face :D

ZiabR wrote: »

This happened to me only in the last week and it wasn't directly after a patch or anything just Data Center showed WEU then all of a sudden it switched to CUS and then to SBR and is just staying on it...

Can't play the game till a friend comes on that is still connected to WEU and he search's for a match.

I've reported it to Ubisoft support / Ubisoft forums and Bug Report area and I've heard nothing back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I just had a brilliant thought about a potential new operator.......

Can't believe they haven't thought of it tbh.....

An operator who can cut the lights and has night vision googles.......

Could be fun watching people flail around in the dark while you knife them

Windows,Sun? Probably why they haven't although something along those lines like a smoke screen like glaz that he can only throw once or twice

xPixelx wrote:
    Windows,Sun? Probably why they haven't although something along those lines like a smoke screen like glaz that he can only throw once or twice

The maps are at night some times or some of them have basements.

khaldrogo wrote: »

I just want to see an Irish Ranger CTU...that would be fekin sweet not just for us but for loads of players...everyone loves the Irish and all that.
    Would give me another reason to use my emerald gun skins too :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

khaldrogo wrote: »

They won't bring something like that in because there'd be no way to counter it.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    They won't bring something like that in because there'd be no way to counter it.

bandit could hook up a battery to the fuseboard. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,222 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

bandit could hook up a battery to the fuseboard. :D

Flashlight attachments. It'd give tunnel vision so it's a counter but not much.

I think it wouldn't happen because of the daylight maps. It'd be very hit and mis as to whether it's valuable or not.

Sound grenades or something like that could be interesting. Throw a grenade that just muffles all sound in an area, or anyone in it's blast radius, for a fixed period of time. It could be either a sonic noise that makes you rip of your headphones or (less annoying) a simple low whine to indicate that you're deaf.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Well you're kind of just describing flashbangs to a certain extent there.

smokingman wrote: »
    I just want to see an Irish Ranger CTU...that would be fekin sweet not just for us but for loads of players...everyone loves the Irish and all that.

Yes please. If we can't have a sniper or a ranger, can we at least get a blue hat peacekeeper?! He could have jadotville as his back story!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

smokingman wrote: »

Best snipers in the world too technically

awec wrote:

Flash bangs, flash lights, breaking windows, breaking floors to let in light. Or maybe they can only cut the power/lights for 15/30 secs

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yes please. If we can't have a sniper or a ranger, can we at least get a blue hat peacekeeper?! He could have jadotville as his back story!

Can you imagine the elite skin?
    Proper Jadotville uniform would be something I'd actually buy!

Hopped on for a few games earlier and the connection indicator was going constantly. It's really annoying.

Looks like the new defence operator is basically Montange with a Twitch zap at the front of the sheild

• Advertisement

Hopped on for a few games earlier and the connection indicator was going constantly. It's really annoying.
    The Servers are terrible lately I don't know what they are at

Advertisement