Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow Six Siege

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Havent played in while.

i have chat turned off and only play with buddies.

So this happened, seemingly chat exploded with hackusations on the final kill... i heard him and expected it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭khaldrogo

I got my rank!!!!!

Won 7 lost 3. No MVPs. Last match was a shocker. 3-0 up and lost!!!

Silver 1. Happy with that considering. On my day, with a good team I am a Gold 1/2 player. Its hard in solo queue though.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

khaldrogo wrote: »
    I got my rank!!!!!

Won 7 lost 3. No MVPs. Last match was a shocker. 3-0 up and lost!!!

Silver 1. Happy with that considering. On my day, with a good team I am a Gold 1/2 player. Its hard in solo queue though.

Is this your first ranked season?

awec wrote:
    Is this your first ranked season?

No. Velvet Shell was.

But the last 2 seasons rankings were hampered by toxic players team killing and actively trying to fcuk up peoples ranking games. Out of 10 ranking games last season I lost 7 due to this crap.

This season went a lot smoother.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No. Velvet Shell was.

But the last 2 seasons rankings were hampered by toxic players team killing and actively trying to fcuk up peoples ranking games. Out of 10 ranking games last season I lost 7 due to this crap.

This season went a lot smoother.
    I am pretty sure your previous season rank is taken into account as a sort of baseline when it comes to figuring our your new rank.

It wouldn't make sense for someone who finished one season as a low silver rank to get placed as a high gold rank, people don't improve that much in the space of 10 games.

Winning 7/10 placement games I'd expect a good bit higher than Silver 1, but I guess your previous season rank was low enough?

• Advertisement

awec wrote:
    Winning 7/10 placement games I'd expect a good bit higher than Silver 1, but I guess your previous season rank was low enough?

It was copper 3/4 due to all the trolls and team killing etc. I placed gold 3 in Operation Health I think, so I knew I was able given decent teams

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

udun wrote: »
    Myself and a group of other Irish lads play quite regularly on Xbox if anyone needs teammates. We are all gold/plat standard but don't mind if anyone is lower rank. Add me on Xbox if you want gt- carnibo

Will definitely add for a few games,ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

So for those of us without the season pass; who are you getting first?
    I have 41,000 renown and will probably get Maverick first

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

smokingman wrote: »

Have 28 and gonna get both. Going to get Clash with renown and spend a fiver on maverick.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Clash.

• Advertisement

There'll probably be a lot of team killing tonight just to warn yez lads...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

If people were choosing between lion , maestro, clash or maverick what would ye go for. Have 26k renoun. Also played the weirdest ranked game. All the opposing team went recruit and just killed them selves 4 rounds in a row.

smokingman wrote:
    So for those of us without the season pass; who are you getting first? I have 41,000 renown and will probably get Maverick first

Clash is useless unless you have a coordinated team. Maverick is good but there are better operators to use.

CptMackey wrote:
    If people were choosing between lion , maestro, clash or maverick what would ye go for. Have 26k renoun. Also played the weirdest ranked game. All the opposing team went recruit and just killed them selves 4 rounds in a row.

Lion.

They were probably de ranking.

'Road to Copper'

Lion.

They were probably de ranking.

'Road to Copper'

Just so they can pub stomp? Strange one. I'm trying to get silver. Lol

CptMackey wrote: »

I prefer Maestro. His hip fire from that lmg is amazing. I haven't played the two new ones though so can't say much about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

CptMackey wrote: »

I prefer Maestro. His hip fire from that lmg is amazing. I haven't played the two new ones though so can't say much about them.

I've played both just there. Love clash, hate Maverick.

Mr_Man2121 wrote: »
    I've played both just there. Love clash, hate Maverick.

Yeah, not feeling the Maverick love tbh. There are better attackers alright.

I both hate this game and love it in equal measures!

One night I'm like Rambo, getting MVP to beat the band. The next night I can't buy a kill........

I both hate this game and love it in equal measures!

One night I'm like Rambo, getting MVP to beat the band. The next night I can't buy a kill........

To me this is siege in a nutshell. One min you are making all the right moves next min it's a team of recruits destroying you in ranked. Or dying to an obvious frost mat %)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Decided to redownload this and give it another go.

It’s tough as nails but rewarding. I particularly like Terrorist Hunt on hard mode.

That said unfortunately the servers seem quite dead in Terrorist Hunt mode. You can be waiting 5 mins plus for matchmaking.

Seems most are over in Casual or Ranked. I haven’t unlocked Ranked yet but Casual is fun.

Still getting used to what each of the operators do.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Decided to redownload this and give it another go.

It’s tough as nails but rewarding. I particularly like Terrorist Hunt on hard mode.

That said unfortunately the servers seem quite dead in Terrorist Hunt mode. You can be waiting 5 mins plus for matchmaking.

Seems most are over in Casual or Ranked. I haven’t unlocked Ranked yet but Casual is fun.

Still getting used to what each of the operators do.

TH is very dependent on what time of the day it is. I don't bother checking it late at night.

Anyone having trouble getting a game tonight?

Anyone having trouble getting a game tonight?

It has taken me ages the last few nights

I ended up playing a terrorist hunt and when I finished that I got a game in ranked fairly quick. Before that I was queuing for 4/5 mins in both casual and ranked and not getting a game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Just picked this up (Xbox) loving it so far. Only done the situations and a few games of terrorist hunt. Going to have to pick up a decent headset for this.

I ended up playing a terrorist hunt and when I finished that I got a game in ranked fairly quick. Before that I was queuing for 4/5 mins in both casual and ranked and not getting a game!!!

Have you tried setting your dns to Google 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4?

smokingman wrote:
    Have you tried setting your dns to Google 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4?

You lost me at the first 8

You lost me at the first 8

If you go into network settings on the ps4, go to manual and set every thing to automatic except for dns. Add 8.8.8.8 as primary dns and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary.
    Let me know if it helps

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote:
    If you go into network settings on the ps4, go to manual and set every thing to automatic except for dns. Add 8.8.8.8 as primary dns and 8.8.4.4 as your secondary. Let me know if it helps

Tried this but it won't let me leave the others as 0.0.0.0

Advertisement