Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you date someone who was overweight ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm a skinny guy, but I only really like "overweight"/chubby/fat girls. More cushion for pushin' and all that. Like Dors Feline.

http://i.imgur.com/60Henf9.jpg
    http://41.media.tumblr.com/606c0bfe375111071192a23f7dfa1085/tumblr_mjnsoglOAo1qdf1qno1_500.jpg

I wouldn't mind letting her sit on my face for an hour or two.

She's not overweight or chubby. She's morbidly obese :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

I'm a skinny guy, but I only really like "overweight"/chubby/fat girls. More cushion for pushin' and all that. Like Dors Feline.

http://41.media.tumblr.com/606c0bfe375111071192a23f7dfa1085/tumblr_mjnsoglOAo1qdf1qno1_500.jpg

please don't,, you will die

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

lazeedaisy wrote: »
    Why would you not!

Otherwise there's more than one elephant in the room!

It depends on the delivery and how you frame it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Exactly, that's getting into more fetishistic territory there than simply finding someone attractive. There's a difference between someone who is overweight, and someone who simply resembles a giant flaccid penis with all the folds and what not. At least a person who is overweight, you can still make out if they're male or female, but morbid obesity is a whole other species.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Pablodreamsofnew

Exactly, that's getting into more fetishistic territory there than simply finding someone attractive. There's a difference between someone who is overweight, and someone who simply resembles a giant flaccid penis with all the folds and what not. At least a person who is overweight, you can still make out if they're male or female, but morbid obesity is a whole other species.

This made me laugh so hard :D:D very true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

If you can't lift them, don't shift them.

If you can't hide them, don't ride them.

Two golden rules to abide by.

She has nice arms

Yep, definitely fetish terrority.

I had an ex like that. I was a size 20 when we got together, but was losing weight. When I dropped ONE size, he was really annoyed that he could feel my hip bones! I ended up dumping him, he moved back to the States and is in a long term relationship with a girl who was 300lbs and is now 400-odd lbs because he keeps feeding her up. I feel really sorry for her because she's unhappy with how big she is but eats and eats to keep him happy

Yep, definitely fetish terrority.

I had an ex like that. I was a size 20 when we got together, but was losing weight. When I dropped ONE size, he was really annoyed that he could feel my hip bones! I ended up dumping him, he moved back to the States and is in a long term relationship with a girl who was 300lbs and is now 400-odd lbs because he keeps feeding her up. I feel really sorry for her because she's unhappy with how big she is but eats and eats to keep him happy

You know... That to me is a kind of Imprisonment....when I was carrying s lot of water pregnant I could barely move....it felt like a kind of impairment ...and when you can't move your own body ..what kind of freedom do you have...

What he's doing is s creepy creepy abusiveness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

If you can't lift them, don't shift them.

If you can't hide them, don't ride them.

Two golden rules to abide by.

How heavy is the average sheep these days?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

zeffabelli wrote: »
    You know... That to me is a kind of Imprisonment....when I was carrying s lot of water pregnant I could barely move....it felt like a kind of impairment ...and when you can't move your own body ..what kind of freedom do you have...

there's fat fetishism and there's feederism. feederism is 100% about control. the victim needs to be in such a state that they rely entirely on the feeder for everything, from food shopping to personal hygeine. these people are a short step above serial rapists and child abusers.

strelok wrote: »
    there's fat fetishism and there's feederism. feederism is 100% about control. the victim needs to be in such a state that they rely entirely on the feeder for everything, from food shopping to personal hygeine. these people are a short step above serial rapists and child abusers.

It's like hostage taking...yeah just ever so near to serial tapists ....chronic slow drip control and abuse... Ugh.

zeffabelli wrote: »

I agree with you 100%. She was very insecure and had low self esteem when they got together and I fully believe he preyed on that, as he tried to do with me. Unfortunately for him, I have enough self respect to tell people to fcuk off.

If you like obese women, grand. If they lose so much weight that you're not attracted to them, grand, leave them. You're entitled to your quirks and fetishes. But to convince someone to eat so much that they struggle to walk is just abuse IMO.

I agree with you 100%. She was very insecure and had low self esteem when they got together and I fully believe he preyed on that, as he tried to do with me. Unfortunately for him, I have enough self respect to tell people to fcuk off.

If you like obese women, grand. If they lose so much weight that you're not attracted to them, grand, leave them. You're entitled to your quirks and fetishes. But to convince someone to eat so much that they struggle to walk is just abuse IMO.

Who needs chloroform when you can just feed them into paralysis?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Those "half-ton mums" that Channel 4 make documentaries about are "morbidly obese", Dors is sexy. There's a massive difference between a 200lb girl and a 500lb girl.
    please don't,, you will die
    And what a way to go.

Those "half-ton mums" that Channel 4 make documentaries about are "morbidly obese", Dors is sexy. There's a massive difference between a 200lb girl and a 500lb girl.

And what a way to go.

200lbs IS morbidly obese, and I'd also hazard a guess that she weighs a good bit more than 200lbs. Closer to 250.

500lbs is categorized as 'super morbidly obese,' in medical terms. Only reason I know that is because, when I was 300lbs, that's the definition I was given by my own doctors. Thankfully, I lost a lot of weight.

I don't think she is. I just had a look at some of her em... videos. :D Most of the weight seems to be in her boobs. She actually has a very nice face. If she was a bit lighter she'd be a total ride.

I don't think she is. I just had a look at some of her em... videos. :D Most of the weight seems to be in her boobs. She actually has a very nice face. If she was a bit lighter she'd be a total ride.

Yeah, she's very pretty. I'm not bashing the girl, I can genuinely see why men would fancy her. But it's not 'chubby,' as another person claimed. it's a lot more than chubby.

As for her weight being in her boobs - in that photo, she has more rolls than a bakery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I don't think she is.

It's a medical term, thinking or personal preference has nothing to do with it.

• Advertisement

It's a medical term, thinking or personal preference has nothing to do with it.

Thank you!

Yeah, she's very pretty. I'm not bashing the girl, I can genuinely see why men would fancy her. But it's not 'chubby,' as another person claimed. it's a lot more than chubby.

As for her weight being in her boobs - in that photo, she has more rolls than a bakery.

Yeah that wasn't a great photo of her. She's probably bigger now than what she was when she was an "actress" :D

Should have gone to specsavers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Jon Stark wrote: »
    Depends on what you call regular exercise. I'd be fairly confident that what I call regular exercise pisses all over yours. :)

And I'd say that's bollocks. Exercise is only harder or more intense if you're too out of shape to handle it. If your weight visibly changes as you say after a day or two away from the gym, then give consideration to what you are eating, because you must be burying huge amounts of food. I'd also wager you are a very heavy drinker if weight goes on so quickly.

I'm not judging at all, but your statements don't add up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

Find it a complete turn off. It is the embodiment of sloth. There is no excuse for being fat - in my opinion they should be sent to compulsary training camps and only released back into society when their weight reaches an acceptable level. The levels of obesity in young women in their 20s where I live in London is shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

kstand wrote: »
    The levels of obesity in young women in their 20s where I live in London is shocking.

The human body as evolved to where we are at isn't well equipped to deal with such quantities of available food coupled with a sedentary lifestyle.

Same goes for men.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

I choose a picture of Dors showing "more rolls than a bakery" to see people's responses to her. I'm not an expect on all the medical terms, but...

"Morbid obesity is a medical term describing people who have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40. BMI of 40 amounts to approximately 100 pounds above ideal weight.

Dors is 5' 5", so even if she's say 230-240lbs, her BMI is still under 40.

This might be a more suitable picture of the lady in question, for people who don't like "morbidly obese" women:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/paulwatts/dors_feline1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Not too sure I agree with people referring to a preference for larger women as a fetish. My understanding is that the difference between a preference and a fetish is when a particular aspect is fixated on to the extremes. It's perfectly possible for someone to be overly fixated on someone else's fat body but I don't see how its any more a fetish than someone fixating on very slim bodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

kstand wrote: »
    Find it a complete turn off. It is the embodiment of sloth. There is no excuse for being fat - in my opinion they should be sent to compulsary training camps and only released back into society when their weight reaches an acceptable level. The levels of obesity in young women in their 20s where I live in London is shocking.

It seems the lack of attraction is more based on what being fat represents to people. I.e "if she's fat then she's lazy and greedy, doesn't care about health" seems to be the general idea but there are a lot of slim women who are all these things too but it's not assumed because some people automatically think slim is healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭Andre 3000

No I wouldnt even attempt to get with an overweight person. It's something I find highly unattractive and I am only going to bother my time with women I find attractive. Nothing against overweight people, each to their own, it's just not something I find attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

This might be a more suitable picture of the lady in question, for people who don't like "morbidly obese" women:

Might want to remove the link in your post there Frank, it's giving access to your whole photo album...

Awkward :pac:

• Advertisement

It seems the lack of attraction is more based on what being fat represents to people. I.e "if she's fat then she's lazy and greedy, doesn't care about health" seems to be the general idea but there are a lot of slim women who are all these things too but it's not assumed because some people automatically think slim is healthy.

Yeah because there are subtexts of morality in how we read a body.

The ripped lead muscular body reads strength and efficiency and in a way directs us to what are cultural priorities.

Sloth is a deadly sin....vioates the Protestant work ethic....

nobody assumes a slim person is always healthy, it's just less immediately obvious that they are not. obese is always unhealthy. no ifs, no buts, certainly no bloody coconuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

:pac:

But, she's wrong. Most low fat/diet ready meals are terrible - even M&S I'd wager.

FAT and SUGAR are two of the easiest/cheapest food ingredients to give taste. Manufacturers remove one and add the other.

Some low fat products have other additives that make them unhealthy.

I doubt any prepackaged diet meals could be very good for you.

It's funny though, the perpetually overweight only ever seem to consider the ready meal solution rather than making an effort to cook for themselves or learn about nutrition. It's the laziness that's their problem more so than the bad food. And it's always someone else's fault, there's no ownership - food companies, food ads, price of fresh vegetables vs a frozen burger. Nonsense.

This thread made me hungry :o I just fried up some sausages and had them on buttered bread. Hope my husbands still loves me when I'm fat :mad:

a morbidly obese woman wearing a corset

is this supposed to shock me or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

a morbidly obese woman wearing a corset

is this supposed to shock me or something?
    She's no where near "morbidly" obese. Stop exaggerating.

I choose a picture of Dors showing "more rolls than a bakery" to see people's responses to her. I'm not an expect on all the medical terms, but...

"Morbid obesity is a medical term describing people who have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 40. BMI of 40 amounts to approximately 100 pounds above ideal weight.

Dors is 5' 5", so even if she's say 230-240lbs, her BMI is still under 40.

Bmi is weight divided by lbs, right?

So, 240lbs/5 foot 5 inches (5.4-odd feet) is a bmi of 44. Morbidly obese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Yes, if he was attractive to me, of course I would.

I'd rather date an overweight guy than a cruel, shallow one.

rofl

my god, is this how far the pendulum has swung. you really think that woman isn't morbidly obese?

It's been in response to the posts about her being overweight or chubby. She's a gorgeous lady but she's not overweight or just chubby.

• Advertisement

Yes, if he was attractive to me, of course I would.

how do you define cruel and shallow here? not finding obesity attractive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

how do you define cruel and shallow here? not finding obesity attractive?

Not at all. Being cruelly derogatory about people they don't find attractive however....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

genericguy wrote: »
    And I'd say that's bollocks. Exercise is only harder or more intense if you're too out of shape to handle it. If your weight visibly changes as you say after a day or two away from the gym, then give consideration to what you are eating, because you must be burying huge amounts of food. I'd also wager you are a very heavy drinker if weight goes on so quickly.

I'm not judging at all, but your statements don't add up.

I'm not a heavy drinker. I would drink on a Friday or Saturday and even then, I'm bit of a lightweight so can't drink a huge amount. 5/6 pints max.

Yeah I like my food but I'm fairly sensible with my intake.

Inactivity is the killer me, my body has been used to a certain shape for much of my life and I had to work incredibly hard to get fit. Like people have good muscle memory, I have the fat version of that. I don't care about the science of that, that's how my body works.

So I don't really care about what's "bollocks" to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

They're not mutually exclusive, you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Bmi is weight divided by lbs, right?

So, 240lbs/5 foot 5 inches (5.4-odd feet) is a bmi of 44. Morbidly obese.

BMI is no longer an accurate measure

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I like them tall girls
    I like them short girls
    I like them brown haired girls
    I like them blonde haired girls
    I like them big girls
    I like them skinny girls
    I like them carrying a little bit of weight girls

Jon Stark wrote: »
    I'm not a heavy drinker. I would drink on a Friday or Saturday and even then, I'm bit of a lightweight so can't drink a huge amount. 5/6 pints max.

Yeah I like my food but I'm fairly sensible with my intake.

Inactivity is the killer me, my body has been used to a certain shape for much of my life and I had to work incredibly hard to get fit. Like people have good muscle memory, I have the fat version of that. I don't care about the science of that, that's how my body works.

So I don't really care about what's "bollocks" to you.

you clearly don't care about the science of that because it's grade A, 100% absolutely no bones about it, nonsense.

your body obeys the laws of physics, just like everybody elses, I am sorry to inform you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Fattys are a bit like mopeds, great crack but you wouldn't want your mates to catch you riding one,,:D But as someone else said earlier thank the flying spaghetti monster were all different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

rofl

my god, is this how far the pendulum has swung. you really think that woman isn't morbidly obese?
    Well in that photo of her in a corset she certainly doesn't look it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

obese is always unhealthy. no ifs, no buts, certainly no bloody coconuts.

Actually if you look at bmi and how someone is classified as obese, you would be surprised at what obese actually is. I remember seeing some website that showed pictures of what I would consider normal looking women and according to bmi they were obese.

Advertisement