Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supply Chain Management or Project Management?

Options
  • 13-09-2015 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Looking for opinions on what would be seen as a more worthwhile Masters to go for, Supply chain management or project management in general.

I am coming from an engineering background as is. I know its a question that would relate to what direction you want your career to go but if unsure (like myself) then which would be seen as a more worthwhile Masters towards the large multi national manufacturing industry? Is project management a bit general and wishy washy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭stillalive88

I know someone in supply chain and I saw plenty of offers for that in Ireland. Project management is another with tons of offers around. As far as I know supply chain might be more technical and complex, while project management is supposed to be more straight forward. Also puts you in a more managerial position.

It's a lot up to you. Consider most of all if you want to be in the large multi national manufacturing industry, because it's something that doesn't really have a face or a conscience if you know what I mean. Ups and downs. Know a lot of people that run away from it at a certain point. They amass a lot of money before that though (if they don't spend it)...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

SCM. My brother just finished a MSc in SCM from Smurfitt and reckons theres a distinct shortage of highly skilled SC managers.

Advertisement