Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adebayor released

Options
  • 13-09-2015 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭

On the website this morning: http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/emmanuel-adebayor-130915/

Understandably, not exactly overflowing in its enthusiasm

We can confirm that we have reached a mutual agreement with Emmanuel Adebayor which will see him released from his contract with the Club. We wish Emmanuel well for the future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

A time for celebration

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I can't stand Adebayor, I think he's a waste of space, an awful example for young players, and I'm glad he's gone.

I don't think he's totally to blame for the situation though, and I think a lot of people in the same situation would find it very hard to walk away from all that money.

Why don't clubs draw up contracts with a small basic salary and huge performance bonuses? Maybe some do, but it should be standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

He had opportunities to play first team football elsewhere, even at Tottenham. He got jungle fever and never returned the same. Equally his current history with the national side is farcical.

Always someone to blame. There's far more deserving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

dont let the door hit you on the way out ade you crazy greedy goat shagg3r parasite

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭jiltloop

I said it here 3 years ago when we were signing him after his loan spell that I did not like this guy at all and he surpassed my expectations in a big way. What an awful "professional". Good riddance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

my two cents is that he is a footballer by default. He just doesn't like to play the game he has the potential to be good at. He has only ever had one good season at arsenal truth be told. He was Brutal at city, an embarrassment at Madrid and had 3-4 good months with us. He is the epitapmy (?) of the premier league and sky's hype of the game. One good season and a well timed transfer and your set for life.... good bye and good riddance
    to the cancer of football that is Adebayor

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

my two cents is that he is a footballer by default. He just doesn't like to play the game he has the potential to be good at. He has only ever had one good season at arsenal truth be told. He was Brutal at city, an embarrassment at Madrid and had 3-4 good months with us. He is the epitapmy (?) of the premier league and sky's hype of the game. One good season and a well timed transfer and your set for life.... good bye and good riddance
    to the cancer of football that is Adebayor

Ah that's not really accurate. He had one ok, one good and one amazing season for Arsenal, he started off amazing for City, he scored 8 in 22 for Madrid (embarrassment?!!), he was very good in his season on loan with Spurs and he was excellent when Sherwood took over. Basically whenever he applies himself properly he is a class act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

Ormus wrote: »
    Ah that's not really accurate. He had one ok, one good and one amazing season for Arsenal, he started off amazing for City, he scored 8 in 22 for Madrid (embarrassment?!!), he was very good in his season on loan with Spurs and he was excellent when Sherwood took over. Basically whenever he applies himself properly he is a class act.

dont let the facts get in the way of hatred towards the cancer of contemporary football mate

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭Worztron

Good riddance. The guy stopped trying ages ago.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Advertisement