Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International ''door to door'' logistics

Options
  • 13-09-2015 9:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have found a shipper who wants me to deliver cargo on a regular basis to Spain and had an idea to establish logistics firm to operate as cargo company.To put it simple-1 man and a van.
    Now my concern is: The company will be registered in IRL,the customers will be both Irish-Spanish residents(avoiding going back to IRL with empty van).

What kind of legislation apply on international transport(door to door).I have spoken with somebody who works in cargo and he told me I cannot deliver to ''door'' in Spain as I will have more consignees there.He said it's possible to deliver only to warehouse/depot and deliveries to individual customers have to be done through Spanish cargo company.
    Has anybody any idea how does it work please.Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 sheepsip

Anyone?:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

sheepsip wrote: »
    I have found a shipper who wants me to deliver cargo on a regular basis to Spain and had an idea to establish logistics firm to operate as cargo company.To put it simple-1 man and a van.
    Now my concern is: The company will be registered in IRL,the customers will be both Irish-Spanish residents(avoiding going back to IRL with empty van).

What kind of legislation apply on international transport(door to door).I have spoken with somebody who works in cargo and he told me I cannot deliver to ''door'' in Spain as I will have more consignees there.He said it's possible to deliver only to warehouse/depot and deliveries to individual customers have to be done through Spanish cargo company.
    Has anybody any idea how does it work please.Many thanks.

Good morning,

My understanding is, if you deliver as a van (less than 3500 kgs carrying capacity), normal cabotage rules do not apply. Especially since the goods come from another EU country there are no restrictions on deliveries in Spain.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Advertisement