Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV audio support

• 13-09-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭

Hi

I am thinking of getting the new model to replace my Western Digital. But I have a large collection of MKV files with either DTS or Dolby True HD audio. From the spec's I can see these audio formats are not supported but will I be able to pass through to my Onkyo receiver which does support them?

Thanks

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,651 ✭✭✭squonk

I don't think the Apple TV currently does pass through. Based on what I've read on their support forums. Unless you fancy a wait of a few months for the new Apple TV and to find out if it supports passthrough, you might be better looking towards a small form factor PC that definitely does do passthrough. If you want to stick with Apple you could pick up an older Mac Mini which does do passthrough.

Advertisement