Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last minute college advice

Options
  • 13-09-2015 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

I have until tomorrow to chose whether I want to see out my last year of a BA ordinary degree or jump onto a two year hons BSc which includes a work placement. Its a broad range degree that I would just like to gain an entry level job from

I was all for the extra two years because it had a work placement but now I have a part time receptionist job that would make up for that if I chose to just do my last year for the ordinary degree. Because if im not mistaken wouldn't a work placement place just have you doing basic stuff like that anyway?

Don't know what to do :( im 26 now an egar to get on the career ladder or move abroad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just to be clear, you'd be moving from an arts degree to a science degree? What kind of placement would it be if you took the two year option?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

Just to be clear, you'd be moving from an arts degree to a science degree? What kind of placement would it be if you took the two year option?

Both degrees are business /IT related the hons is just called BSc i dono why

I suppose some type of office job.. Placement officer told me alot of them go into sales. but i have a part time office job now that i could embellish on a CV

Theres also an option to do the extra two year hons degree without the placement with modules instead which i could still probably hold down my part time reception job.. I wouldn't be able to hold it down with a full time work placement.

I just don't know if the hon degree has any more significant advantage over the ordinary? I checked job sites and it only ever says third level qualification

Advertisement