Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to replace an eircom router..

Options
  • 13-09-2015 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

I'm doing a job a friend's house, and they have an old eircom router... I plan on replacing it completely for something with more range, power, better UI functionality. 

Is there anything in particular that I need to set this up? Or will any modem and router combo work once I know the eircom account particulars. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

72hundred wrote: »
    Hi, 

I'm doing a job a friend's house, and they have an old eircom router... I plan on replacing it completely for something with more range, power, better UI functionality. 

Is there anything in particular that I need to set this up? Or will any modem and router combo work once I know the eircom account particulars. 
    Hi 72hundred

Is your friend on eFibre broadband or normal ADSL/ADSL2+ ??

The eircom required settings will need to be applied is all - I can send you the settings once I know if it's eFibre or not

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

I think its non-eFibre. I'll confirm and get back on to you. 

Thanks for the reply. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

72hundred wrote: »
    I think its non-eFibre. I'll confirm and get back on to you. 

Thanks for the reply. 
    No worries - let me know and I'll obtain the settings :)

Al

Advertisement