Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance - 25plus.ie - €35 off

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

prince20 wrote: »
    Just saved €100 by transferring to its4women from 25plus, thanks to all for the advice.

Go back to 25plus next time

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

have they put an end to this?

went from its4women to 25plus last year without issue but this year; trying to go the other way I get

"Unfortunately we are unable to quote for your circumstances at this present time as you fall outside of our underwriting criteria. This may be for a number of reasons. If you would like to speak to one of our agents please visit the 'Contacts' section of our website and we will investigate the matter for you."

I wonder are they now not offering quotes if you're trying to go backwards and forwards between the two?

lawred2 wrote: »

went from its4women to 25plus last year without issue but this year; trying to go the other way I get

"Unfortunately we are unable to quote for your circumstances at this present time as you fall outside of our underwriting criteria. This may be for a number of reasons. If you would like to speak to one of our agents please visit the 'Contacts' section of our website and we will investigate the matter for you."

I wonder are they now not offering quotes if you're trying to go backwards and forwards between the two?

Could be anything, just contact them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

That is not it.

It means some element of your risk is, as they say, outside their risk criteria so they do not take it on as new business. I know once cars get past a certain age they don't take them on as NB, for example, but obviously they are obliged to quote for renewal.

I work in insurance & have been insured with these guys in the past.

Monokne wrote: »
    That is not it.

It means some element of your risk is, as they say, outside their risk criteria so they do not take it on as new business. I know once cars get past a certain age they don't take them on as NB, for example, but obviously they are obliged to quote for renewal.

I work in insurance & have been insured with these guys in the past.

nah it's a 6 year old car currently insured with its4women

and nothing material has changed from this year to last year

no points/claims/incidents etc etc etc

• Advertisement

nah it's a 6 year old car currently insured with its4women

and nothing material has changed from this year to last year

no points/claims/incidents etc etc etc

things have changed since last year, you have got a year older for example, there are so many variables it is impossible to answer for the company so just contact them and ask them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

try AnPost for insurance they were the cheapest for me and still AIG. I was surprised tbh

OmegaGene wrote: »
    things have changed since last year, you have got a year older for example, there are so many variables it is impossible to answer for the company so just contact them and ask them

yeah I'm on live chat

as for a year older? really? that's grasping, 38 to 39 doesn't change my insurability

Or maybe it does

let's see what the chat says

525876.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

They accept a UK NCB which might be of interest to those moving back
    Moving back from UK myself in a few weeks so have been looking into it, findings so far are below in case it helps anybody!

Accept NCB
    25Plus.ie
    123.ie
    Liberty Insurance.

Others have strange wording, would need to contact to confirm
    FBD
    Zurich
    Alliance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

525876.jpg

Ah that is interesting, they must have reliased what you and others did switching from one to the other.
    The live chat is identical looking on their pages I did notice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Ah that is interesting, they must have reliased what you and others did switching from one to the other.
    The live chat is identical looking on their pages I did notice

This is the company
    http://www.mclinsurance.ie/

Advertisement