Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keeping a boat on a.lake

• 13-09-2015 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Hey folks. Does anyone know if its possible to keep a boat on a lake if you dont live close? Id love to buy ine but have no where to store at home

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Join the local club, and you should be able to keep your boat there. I know on Corrib and Mask there are plenty of boats whose owners are not local, but they are members of the relevant club which allows them to keep their boat at the landing place managed by the club.

You will probably have to take the boat out of the water for the winter, though, so you would need somewhere to store it then. Maybe a friend with a yard, or a storage unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭gumpy2

Blessington lake, think the permit is 55 euro for the year :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Zzippy wrote: »
    Join the local club, and you should be able to keep your boat there. I know on Corrib and Mask there are plenty of boats whose owners are not local, but they are members of the relevant club which allows them to keep their boat at the landing place managed by the club.

You will probably have to take the boat out of the water for the winter, though, so you would need somewhere to store it then. Maybe a friend with a yard, or a storage unit?

Good option. I may have 1 person who could hold it. Annoyingly enough, my back garden is huge and could easily hold it, yet I have no garage or side entrance!

Advertisement