Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

They've aired the first two episodes on consecutive nights for many years now.

It's a great idea imo. We can get into the series quicker, especially when the first 2/3 weeks tend to just be going through the motions until the numbers are whittled down and the tasks intensify.

Ok so. Still, "Coming in September". Actual air date 14th of October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

syklops wrote: »
    Ok so. Still, "Coming in September". Actual air date 14th of October.

There are worse things in the world. :o:)

There are worse things in the world. :o:)

Is there really? :rolleyes:

syklops wrote: »
    Is there really? :rolleyes:

I'll name one, and only one, such thing, so as not to go off topic too much: the situation for most Chadians.

chad.gif

(If you feel that this is too extreme, mods, then feel perfectly free to delete this post.)

1023070.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jesus, some of those quotes...
    "Me and Lord Sugar will work together because you've got age and beauty and those two go hand in hand all the time. Sugar's got the age and I certainly am beautiful."

Enough said...
    "I'm just a generally all-round quite entertaining person, I think. A lot of people laugh at me.''
    A quote that may be truer than he thinks....
    "I'm a Swiss army knife of bouncy skills, business skills, enthusiasm: I've got everything highly tuned and highly chiselled."

Bouncy skills? What?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rosie Gardens

It's the usual great mix of clueless, egocentric, 110% giving, bridge strutting gob****es... this is gonna be EPIC!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

any Irish candidates this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Stuart bags the brand, no that was a few years back. I really like the Apprentice and look forward to it every year, for Sugar's Del Boy comments to the cringing.... Can't wait

Stuart Baggs, RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr E wrote: »
    Jesus, some of those quotes...

Enough said...

A quote that may be truer than he thinks....

Bouncy skills? What?

Your skills on a trampoline are one of the keys things needed to excel at business.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I actually think it's kinda unfair when they get criticised for all the stupid things they say in the audition process. I mean, they blatantly wouldn't get through the process if they didn't say them!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I actually think it's kinda unfair when they get criticised for all the stupid things they say in the audition process. I mean, they blatantly wouldn't get through the process if they didn't say them!

Ah so there IS an Irish contestant. Which one are you? :pac::p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭wyrn

Is it me do are they all quite young this time around. Ruth seems to be the only contestant over 40. Slightly surprised at how many 23 and 27 year olds there are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

May as well start the thread for this year's series, following the announcement of Jack Dee as Dara's replacement on You're Fired!:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/sep/11/jack-dee-the-apprentice-youre-fired-bbc

God Dara gone too - I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

wyrn wrote: »
    Is it me do are they all quite young this time around. Ruth seems to be the only contestant over 40. Slightly surprised at how many 23 and 27 year olds there are.

I was thinking the same. It's a very young batch this year. It will be interesting to see how this year compares to others.

efb wrote: »

You didn't know beforehand? :eek:

While this year's line-up certainly looks young, it's worth pointing out that 2012's line-up was even more so - none of the candidates that year were older than 33 (assuming Wikipedia is right).

On the other hand, Ruth will be comfortably the oldest candidate to take part on the show - taking the record from Jaz Ampaw-Farr, who was 41 when she took part in 2013.

29598.jpg

What's more, Ms Whiteley is older than Karren (who won't be 47 until next April), and Sugar is only just old enough to be her father... :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rosie Gardens

efb wrote: »

That's the other millionaire business show ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

A few trades people in the line up : a plumber, a builder, a hairdresser. Makes a change a change for being full of yuppie London account managers and sales people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,817 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

No eye candy for the lads this year.

You're fired...

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »

Have to disagree with you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

You're fired...
    There are ;)

You're fired...

Your tastes are quite different, I think... :o:o:D:);)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's back tonight at 9...

Cringe time

If Lord Sugar is already richer than you, and he owns 50% of your business, you'll never be richer than him. #TheApprentice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Yer one in the pink/orange/blue suit should be fired for crimes against fashion. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,849 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Evening all - Damn.. missed the start. Anything of note?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Just the usual centres' of the universe types and their spiel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

That Tinder reference, Lord Sugar is so clearly current.

Advertisement