Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice UK 2015

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

When did you find it? I Googled Play Date immediately after they announced the winner (sad, I know), and it didn't come up for me

From her twitter account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Up and running as of this morning

https://dateplay.co/

At the end of the day, she got loads of free publicity.

Bit cringeworthy that she has to highlight it being on the Apprentice so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I thought he doesn't actually pick the winner until very close to the airing date.

Also I'm guessing her confidentiality agreement would have prevented her from doing much

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    So glad Joseph won in the end. I wanted him to win but kinda thought Sugar being more of a risk taker would go for Vana. But I think there was too much work and costs involved in Vana's business, I'm guessing she hadn't even a prototype of the product developed yet? Whereas Joseph's business is already there, it's just expanding on it really. Joseph showed himself to be a hard worker, he did well in the tasks. I think what he's done outside the program in his life has stood to him, getting expelled from school at a young age but working hard and applying himself since then. He also has come across as a really nice guy, not ruthless or cut-throat.

Also, Joseph comes from a humble background, so it's really great - I think - that he's getting this amazing leg up.

Both Vana and Richard come from wealthy families - Vana grew up on Park Avenue, and Richard's father was an oil executive. So, at the end of the day, both of them will probably do alright in life, whatever happens.

Maybe I'd feel different if either of them had a really outstanding business plan, but that wasn't the case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,707 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Selina is a very curious case, claimed she was attacked by a group men in Dubai, yet is happy enough to perform a z-list type (cringeworthy) 'bikini type' photo shoot from her holiday in Tenerife (for the press for a few grand), rather than attend the show and present her case.

Get the feeling she'd be the type who would appear busy in the workplace, but doesn't actually do, nor deliver anything at all.

Joe came across well in the final interviews, after all the show's purpose is to educate and entertain the masses on basics of business management rather than find the next tradtional industrialists.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Selina is a very curious case, claimed she was attacked by a group men in Dubai, yet is happy enough to perform a z-list type (cringeworthy) 'bikini type' photo shoot from her holiday in Tenerife (for the press for a few grand), rather than attend the show and present her case.

Get the feeling she'd be the type who would appear busy in the workplace, but doesn't actually do, nor deliver anything at all.

Joe came across well in the final interviews, after all the show's purpose is to educate and entertain the masses on basics of business management rather than find the next tradtional industrialists.

To be fair, she was obviously telling the truth about this. The men involved were tried and convicted.

I thought this was interesting, Lord Sugar having lunch with the "past 5" winners of The Apprentice. Susan Ma is there as he invested in her business after The Apprentice, which I didn't actually know. Strangely, Stella English wasn't invited :pac:

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/677499048803344384

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jamie2k9 wrote: »

Someone always ends up bumping uglies on the show, but an all out orgy is a new one. I wonder who was the girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CassieManson

I thought this was interesting, Lord Sugar having lunch with the "past 5" winners of The Apprentice. Susan Ma is there as he invested in her business after The Apprentice, which I didn't actually know. Strangely, Stella English wasn't invited :pac:

https://twitter.com/Lord_Sugar/status/677499048803344384

I think Stella English sued Lord Sugar (maybe for unfair dismissal?) so that's probably why she was not invited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    He also has come across as a really nice guy, not ruthless or cut-throat.

This. Joseph came across really sincerely in the interviews and then again in the final. He absolutely killed the interviews actually, IMO. He still came across ambitious but not ruthlessly so. I'd say he'd be very good at building relationships with different people in the line of business.

I think Stella English sued Lord Sugar (maybe for unfair dismissal?) so that's probably why she was not invited.

I know, I was being sarcastic :)

Poor Stella was badly burned from that court case, came out of it very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I know, I was being sarcastic :)

Poor Stella was badly burned from that court case, came out of it very badly.

Poor Stella? She got what she deserved. You should have a read up on the facts of the case, she was totally in the wrong. I thought she got pretty rough treatment til I read up on it myself and got some facts from the latest Sugar book.

Her whole approach and hope for winning when going to the tribunal was assuming Lord Sugar would never show up as to fight those cases costs more than simply conceding. He spent all the required money, fought it and turned up and the judge slung her case out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

On Stella English, I'd be somewhat sorry things turned out poorly given she was one of the more competant winners.

Poor Stella? She got what she deserved. You should have a read up on the facts of the case, she was totally in the wrong. I thought she got pretty rough treatment til I read up on it myself and got some facts from the latest Sugar book.

Her whole approach and hope for winning when going to the tribunal was assuming Lord Sugar would never show up as to fight those cases costs more than simply conceding. He spent all the required money, fought it and turned up and the judge slung her case out.

Is the latest book good? I read the first one and I enjoyed it. I saw the new one and wondered was it a case of "same old, same old". So I bought Burt Reynold's autobiography instead :D

Is the latest book good? I read the first one and I enjoyed it. I saw the new one and wondered was it a case of "same old, same old". So I bought Burt Reynold's autobiography instead :D

If you like The Apprentice it's brilliant. Great look into the show, how it's made, some of his decisions, his feelings on some candidates, the Stella 'incident' etc. Really worth a read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

I started this thread with the news that Jack Dee had been announced as Dara's replacement... now I'm bumping it with the news that he has fired himself. :eek: :o:D;)

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/15/jack-dee-the-apprentice-youre-fired

I started this thread with the news that Jack Dee had been announced as Dara's replacement... now I'm bumping it with the news that he has fired himself. :eek: :o:D;)

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/15/jack-dee-the-apprentice-youre-fired

12 30 minute episodes in a You fired series? Either his schedule is absolutely jam packed, or he is using it as an excuse. I enjoyed him on Your fired, but he employs a very different type of humour than Dara O'Briain. DoB's humour is very on the spot with little to no rehearsal. It sometimes felt like jack Dee was saving up jokes all week to use on the show.

I wonder does this mean Romesh will take over. I find him funny too, but it would be a bit like Alan Davies taking over QI.

Manach wrote: »
    On Stella English, I'd be somewhat sorry things turned out poorly given she was one of the more competant winners.

She resigned from her job, and then sued for constructive dismissal. I've looked for a link to support my memory, but would I be right in saying she is also the one who went on maternity leave three months into her job with AMS?

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    12 30 minute episodes in a You fired series? Either his schedule is absolutely jam packed, or he is using it as an excuse. I enjoyed him on Your fired, but he employs a very different type of humour than Dara O'Briain. DoB's humour is very on the spot with little to no rehearsal. It sometimes felt like jack Dee was saving up jokes all week to use on the show.

I wonder does this mean Romesh will take over. I find him funny too, but it would be a bit like Alan Davies taking over QI.

I think there's a lot of writing and preparation for the show and not a lot of time to do it. So it's effectively working backs to the wall from the weekend prior to the show up until the show and then the same each week for 12 weeks

Id say it was easy for Dara as, as you said, it's very natural to him to be funny but I'd say Dee prefers to have it all prepared and needs more rigorous prep.

Glad he's gone though, it just was too different. When they went from Chiles to O'Briain it was seamless. From O'Briain to Dee it was like a complete change of tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I wouldn't mind Romesh hosting You're Fired if they let him have a bit of freedom in the role. I genuinely like him on other panel shows he has done, but on You're Fired he seems to only be let do the same old schtick every week. Not sure the BBC would consider him big enough a name to put him on as full time host though.

Delighted Jack Dee is gone, thought he was terrible. Not as bad as Romesh though, if he takes over I think I'll probably be done with You're Fired for good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Glad Jack Dee is gone, I don't think he was suited to it. If Romesh gets it I doubt I'll watch it either, I really don't get his humour

• Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Jimmy Car would be ok on it I think.

^ He'd be fantastic I think, but I doubt he'd do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,931 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jimmy Carr would be the only option if DOB wont come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I wonder why DOB left it in the first place, he was on a good thing there. His sidekick Ed Byrne must be missing the easy money and profile too !

Agree that Jimmy Carr would be a good fit. I'm not sure why Jack Dee struggled because he is a decent comedian on his day but he really looked stiff on that series of You're Fired and it made for painful watching a lot of the time. That and the one trick pony Romesh with his wide eyed stares playing the butt of Jack Dees jokes, it just didnt work imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭crazyguy01

Love Jimmy's humour and think he would be great for the fired candidates who think they are better than the show but would he be serious enough for the later stages...?

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I wonder why DOB left it in the first place, he was on a good thing there. His sidekick Ed Byrne must be missing the easy money and profile too !

Agree that Jimmy Carr would be a good fit. I'm not sure why Jack Dee struggled because he is a decent comedian on his day but he really looked stiff on that series of You're Fired and it made for painful watching a lot of the time. That and the one trick pony Romesh with his wide eyed stares playing the butt of Jack Dees jokes, it just didnt work imo.

Jack Dee's humour doesn't fit the show whatsoever. Dara is a lot more upbeat, 'bantering' and free flowing where's Dee is drab, grumpy and his material is very contrived.

Jimmy Carr wouldn't get near it unfortunately, not a 'BBC' comedian and far too risqué for The Apprentice as much as I think he'd be brilliant.

Advertisement