Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters options, advice?

Options
  • 13-09-2015 6:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

I recently graduated in English and History from UL and I'm trying to decide what to do next masters wise! I'm slightly torn between doing something that is more employable and slightly more familiar to me, like technical writing or technical communication and E-Learning, but I find them uninteresting when I read up on them. However, I've come across a couple masters in UL and UCC that are masters like international studies, criminology and Human rights in Criminal Justice, which surprisingly I can still do as they fall into humanities despite their law leanings.

I worry though that these would be too difficult for me and subsequently a waste of time and money but they lean more towards helping people and getting involved with NGO's which is something I'm quite interested in. I feel though it would take a long time to get anywhere with those jobs, with a lot of experience needed, as I would have only done a masters in them.
    I don't know, I'm lost! Any general advice or advice from people who have done similar masters or undergraduate course as me?:) Thanks

Advertisement