Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosehip Oil

Options
  • 13-09-2015 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I've heard some great things about this stuff so I got some over the weekend, very excited to try it out!

For those of you that have used it, do you mind telling me what kind of differences you've noticed in your skin? Also, how do you incorporate it into your skincare regime?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I use the Trilogy Rose Hip Oil. It makes my skin feel super soft, plumped up and more youthful. I don't really have any lines yet but have heard it is really good for reducing the appearance of fine lines. I find the morning after my skin feels really soft, almost baby like and my moisturiser and make up goes on better.

I only use it a couple of times a week after cleansing at night though as it takes a while to absorb. About 4 or 5 drops does my whole face and neck. Because it takes a while to absorb I wouldn't use a moisturiser with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I use a rosehip oil from Green Keratin(the triple charged one). It was recommended by someone on Boards. It's fab stuff, I've been using it for about a month and my skin has never been so good. It's about Stg14 on Amazon so a bit of a bargain IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

So you just put the oil straight on your face?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

I've been using it at night after cleansing for a few weeks now, and have not noticed any difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I bought the trilogy one during the Summer for my really dry skin and I love it. My skin is definitely more supple and soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Addle wrote: »
    So you just put the oil straight on your face?

Yeah I put a few drops in my hand after my shower every evening and massage into my face and neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I have the Trilogy one too. Use it every night after cleansing instead of moisturiser. Tbh, I haven't really noticed any difference since I started and I've been using it for months. My skin is pretty bulletproof, though; I never really notice a big difference no matter what products I use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

I used to use the trilogy one- it was nice but didn't think it was amazing or anything. The main thing that stopped me repurchasing it though was the smell, I think it's really disgusting! I have unnaturally sharp sense of smell to be fair, but I really can't stand the trilogy one- I've never smelled any other brand's rosehip oil though so maybe they're not all like that.

Does anyone have a recommendation though of any other facial oil? I have VERY dry skin so I've been on the lookout for one that won't break the bank but that will give my face a good soaking of moisture! I'd love one that I'd put on before bed every night so that my skin was soft in the morning. I don't want to use coconut oil either because I cook with that and again, it's a smell thing, it just reminds me of dinner now!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

Meangadh wrote:
    Does anyone have a recommendation though of any other facial oil? I have VERY dry skin so I've been on the lookout for one that won't break the bank but that will give my face a good soaking of moisture! I'd love one that I'd put on before bed every night so that my skin was soft in the morning. I don't want to use coconut oil either because I cook with that and again, it's a smell thing, it just reminds me of dinner now!

Tamanu oil... Google it, amazing stuff!!
    Other than that I really recommend Hempseed oil or Argan oil... Dr. Organics in H&B do a lovely organic Argan oil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Interesting, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,672 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Meangadh wrote: »
    Does anyone have a recommendation though of any other facial oil? I have VERY dry skin so I've been on the lookout for one that won't break the bank but that will give my face a good soaking of moisture!

My Trilogy Rosehip is almost finished and I'll be replacing it with either Kiehl's Midnight Recovery, which I've pinched on my sister a few times or Vichy Neovadiol Elixir, which I got a sample of a few months ago and loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 attagirl

I have always just used cheap moisturisers like Simple, or whatever Garnier one is on sale in Tesco etc. But last year I was given a sample size of the Trilogy Rosehip Oil. It was teeny tiny, but because you only need a drop or two, lasted quite a while. As someone above posted, I found the smell off putting at first. But I *loved* the product. Went and bought the big bottle and now no longer use moisture creams at all. I use one or two drops in the morning, and another drop or two at night. It made my skin SUPER soft, and felt radiant, and I never had any breakouts -a rare enough occurrence anyway, but still.

Ran out of it around September, and couldn't afford to replace it so was using a cheap-o moisturiser for a few weeks and my skin was awful. So the next time I was passing a healthfood store I popped in for a look.
    In the beauty section, they had Trilogy and other brands selling the rosehip oil for 20-40 euros a bottle.... but in the essential oil section, the same size bottle of rosehip oil was only 8 euros. Ingredients looked the same -I mean it's just one ingredient ha. Though I think the Trilogy stressed "organic", while the essential oil didn't specify. Asked a staff member if they were the same, she examined them and said "I guess!".
    Smells and feels the same, and was instantly way better than the moisturiser I'd been using.

My skin has been a tad bit dry lately but that might be more weather/climate related (I've moved countries recently). After I get the Trilogy one again at Christmas I'll report if it was noticeably better than the cheap version!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

unreg999 wrote: »
    Tamanu oil... Google it, amazing stuff!!
    Other than that I really recommend Hempseed oil or Argan oil... Dr. Organics in H&B do a lovely organic Argan oil :)

Thanks for this info - I am definitely adding it to my list. So far I have argan oil (because it is part of my Pro Naturals hair repair system), jojoba oil (because it is in my Monsia day moisturizer) and I use it as part of my daily cleansing routine, Vit E oil applied after application of the intense night repair cream to seal in moisture. My neck and face still feels good when I wake up. I think I am going to add Tamanu oil to my arsenal and use it mainly on my hands (to keep fingers nimble as I type a lot), might use it on body as well because I garden a great deal and need to bend and stretch.

Advertisement