Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is the best insurance broker for car insurance in Limerick?

• 13-09-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

As the title says, who is the best insurance broker for car insurance in Limerick?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

When it comes to car insurance there is no "best" company for everyone. Insurance prices are based on the person being used, their driving experience, your address, age, etc as well as the car they are insuring so which insurance company is cheapest for me doesn't mean it will be cheapest for you or the next person.

There is no shortcut to getting the most competitive price, if you want the most competitive price then you have to put the legwork in, you will need to carry out online quotes, ring insurance companies directly and also insurance brokers. Yes it's tedious but the only way to save money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

bazz26 wrote: »
    When it comes to car insurance there is no "best" company for everyone. Insurance prices are based on the person being used, their driving experience, your address, age, etc as well as the car they are insuring so which insurance company is cheapest for me doesn't mean it will be cheapest for you or the next person.

There is no shortcut to getting the most competitive price, if you want the most competitive price then you have to put the legwork in, you will need to carry out online quotes, ring insurance companies directly and also insurance brokers. Yes it's tedious but the only way to save money.

^ This. Car insurance has gone up an awful lot this year as well. I've a full license for over 7 years now with 0 penalty points/claims and I was getting ridiculous quotes. Even got a quote for €1200 from one company, for only a 1.4 ltr petrol.

I'm with Allianz simply because every other quote was at best €150 dearer than what they quoted me. But you're gonna have to do a lot of ringing and online work to find out. The car insurance industry is just another atrocious joke in the long book of bad jokes in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just go online and check. There is no reason to stay loyal to a local company.

List of various insurers here
    Bunch of quotes here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Goggins Insurance brokers in newcastle west never ripped me off and always found me the best price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

Give Sullivan insurance a bell, they're on Hartstronge St , I've always found them very competitive and very professional

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks everybody for the feedback. Its an annual job I do every hear and I HATE doing it. You have to wait ages for the call centre operator on the other end of the phone to ask endless questions before they finally give you a quotation its so annoying dealing with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

They are not in Limerick, but O Donovans in Killaloe have found me better prices than other brokers or insurers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Used to have a lot of dealings with O'Malley-Griffin in the old days, they were decent enough then. There's also Ryan & Riordan in Pallasgreen. The "Ryan" in question there is the same fella we used to deal with at OMG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

so I think I will go with my existing broker which is O'Malley-Griffin in Limerick, I wasted hours today speaking with other companies and they were all more expensive.

Advertisement