Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando Hotels

Options
  • 13-09-2015 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

Hi everyone , i've to book an orlando hotel for next May with the family. I've been to kissimmee before but the hotel wasn't the greatest and it was 10 years ago.

Any recommendations of an hotel at a reasonable price that would suit a family of 2 adults and 2 kids would be great . Any additional suggestions would be welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

I've stayed here a few times and its grand, easy access to everything, clean rooms, 3 swimming pools, onsite security and plenty of parking.

http://www.roseninn9000.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

I'm also looking at Orlando hotels. Any recommendations for around International drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

we stayed here a couple of years ago and loved it. They run shuttles to the parks.

http://www.lbvorlandoresort.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭steokeogh

Avanti on international drive. Stayed in March was clean, quiet and in the middle of I drive so loads of restaurants in walking distance. There is even some large activities/arcade centre a few doors down that might help entertain the kids on days you don't do theme parks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I've stayed here a few times and its grand, easy access to everything, clean rooms, 3 swimming pools, onsite security and plenty of parking.

http://www.roseninn9000.com/

Thumbs up for me too on this one. Great location close to bars, restaurants and shops so you can walk over and have a few beers and not worry about having to getting home.

OK, the rooms are basic and a bit dated but they are clean and cleaned every day. And let's be honest you're not going to be spending too much time in the rooms anyway. There is a restaurant on-site too but we didn't eat there so can't comment on that. The pool area is nice too and it dies have a small shop for basics but as I said above, there's a big Walgreens just across the road and up a bit that is better value.

If you do book here ask for a front facing room as the back backs onto a very busy motorway that seems to be busy all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

I'm also looking at Orlando hotels. Any recommendations for around International drive?

We just got back from a trip to Florida and we stayed on I Drive for 3 of the days. We stayed in the Best Western on Jamaican Court. Absolutely lovely hotel, I've stayed in Best Westerns before in the States and they've always been fantastic.

This place is quite close to the Orlando Eye and shuttle buses run each day to the theme parks. There are so many restaurants and gift shops nearby...and a Starbucks just down the road for when you lose your mind over the lack of good tea making facilities in the States and just want a nice cuppa! ;)

but really though, pretty much anywhere decent you stay on I Drive would be grand. There are SO many hotels along there, it's insane. And just as many restaurants!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Rosen Plaza is a fantastic hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Oriordad

We are heading in family holiday in 4 weeks and staying at Homewood Suites on International Drive. I have heard good things. I will let you know what it is like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Any other recommendations based on the following criteria?:

- 2/3 Bed condo
    - Swimming pool(s)
    - bar/restaurant
    - Decent amienities
    - close to I-drive

Have been investigating the Vista Cay resort if anyone has stayed there

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

We've stayed in Floridays on the south end of I Drive. Love it there. Www.floridaysresortorlando.com

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

We stayed at "The B" on our Honeymoon recently, and we loved it, hotel was clean and very modern, it's located just inside the main gates of Disney at the end of I-Drive.

http://www.bhotelsandresorts.com/b-resort-and-spa/

I would highly suggest it as a place to stay, i shot the manager off an email before we arrived and let him know we were on honeymoon and he really looked after us, on our first full day there, we came back after a day at the parks, to find plates of chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of bubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Oriordad

We as a family of 4 stayed in Homewood Suites on International Drive. The suites have separate bedroom and kitchen/living area c giving lots of extra room. Great location, with regular shuttle to Universal and less frequent to Disney. Highly recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Rosen Plaza is a fantastic hotel.

Would strongly recommend this hotel. Nice pool. The points across the road. Nice grub too

Advertisement