Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4s imei checker?

• 13-09-2015 10:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

So I bought an 4s on Gumtree, it seems perfect, no mark or signs of damage however there's no signal. I didn't pay that much for it so not immensely upset if I can't get it working but the last thing I can think of is that it was reported lost. Is there anyway I can find out if an iPhone is blacklisted. If it's case so be it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

this one will say if it's associated with another icloud account: https://www.icloud.com/activationlock/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

It's not activation locked if the phone is working.
    Try imei.info for blacklist check. Iirc it costs €2.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

So I bought an 4s on Gumtree, it seems perfect, no mark or signs of damage however there's no signal. I didn't pay that much for it so not immensely upset if I can't get it working but the last thing I can think of is that it was reported lost. Is there anyway I can find out if an iPhone is blacklisted. If it's case so be it.

The answer is in 'how much did you pay?'

Going by your statement ("didnt pay that much for it"), i'd wager its either stroked or insurance job. In which case, its an ipod at best. Gumtree would further compound this.

Advertisement