Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings Account

• 13-09-2015 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm not too well up on the issue of savings accounts but I am looking at setting one up. At the minute I'm with EBS but I'm just wondering who would be the best out there for this.
    I want to put away money every week for a minimum of 3 years and I don't plan on touching it at all throughout that time.
    Which bank/ institution is offering the best rates for this at the minute?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

hunter164 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm not too well up on the issue of savings accounts but I am looking at setting one up. At the minute I'm with EBS but I'm just wondering who would be the best out there for this.
    I want to put away money every week for a minimum of 3 years and I don't plan on touching it at all throughout that time.
    Which bank/ institution is offering the best rates for this at the minute?

Thanks

Last time I looked Nationwide UK Ireland were doing the best rates. It's who I set up my account with. Max 1k per month for a year IIRC on their promotional rates. I'll review it after that to see what I do next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭28064212

If you're saving for 3 years, KBC are a better option. With Nationwide, the account closes after 1 year, and it gets transferred to a low-interest account.

You're also better off saving monthly, rather than weekly. Most regular savings accounts stipulate a monthly deposit as part of their terms

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

Advertisement