Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information On Trips Up To Belfast (iPhone 6s)

• 14-09-2015 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey Everyone,

Here is a little bit of information for you, if you're thinking of making the trip up to Belfast to get your hands on the new iPhone 6s and 6s Plus.

1) Try to Reserve & Collect your preferred iPhone as the reserved Queue moves much faster than the normal queue.

2) If you plan to go up and wait for the iPhone , remember to bring rain gear as it is an open-air shopping centre.

3) At around 6am Apple staff will come around to everyone (takes a while) to reserve your iPhone, they will ask what iPhone you want and they will email you a QR code, which when you come around to getting your iPhone a staff member will scan the QR code.

4) REMEMBER, there will be TWO Queues, one for people who reserved it and another Queue for people who have been waiting all night. If you have reserved it, make sure you go to the Queue on the Left side of the Apple store

5) If you're driving up, there is an underground car parking facility run by Q-Park, it is very expensive.

6) If you didn't get to reserve your iPhone in time don't worry as reservations will go back online on the 26th of September at 6am.

7) If you reserve your iPhone for a particular time, don't expect to get it at that time, as the Queues will be long and you will still need to wait in the reservations line.

Hopefully that has helped some.

If you have any questions, let me know and I'll try to answer them as I'm sure I left a good few pointers out.

If you're getting the iPhone, let me know which one and also which colour you will be getting?

- Patrick.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If you’ve reserved, how long roughly speaking can you expect to be queuing? Should you get there early?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

If you’ve reserved, how long roughly speaking can you expect to be queuing? Should you get there early?

I have reserved every single iPhone when reservations are available, max i queued was 30 mins which was last year, normally if you get on your alloted time, it is fairly quick.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

20 mins for me with the 6 on launch day. Even less for the 5 but I reserved it for the day after launch day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

20 minutes last time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 imgarysmith

I have reserved mine, should I arrive at my allocated time or do I have to reach the top of the reservation queue by my allocated time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

I have reserved mine, should I arrive at my allocated time or do I have to reach the top of the reservation queue by my allocated time?

When you arrive you'll be ticked off a list, then no matter where you are in the queue, you'll be called when it's your time (or as close to it if they're running late). That was my experience of it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AppleUser

Last year I was waiting roughly 40mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 AppleUser

I would arrive at least 15mins before your allocated time.

Advertisement