Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A City/Walking Break in Europe?

Options
  • 14-09-2015 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I have a fortnight off work and am looking to go to European destinations the week after next for up to 5-7 Days. At present I am looking to merge a city break with several days of walking/hiking and cycling if possible.

I know this is all last minute stuff given my late decision to travel but I have been in this position before and can make all requisite arrangements at short notice and have a reasonable budget for the timeframes involved and have looked up flight and accommodation options.

Ideas that have come to mind in the last week include the following:

Flying to South West France/Northern Spain and combining a few days of walking in the Pyrenees or a number of days on the Camino French way before finishing in a city in Spain or Portugal (I have been to Madrid and Barcelona and would consider somewhere else this time).

Going to Alps/Switzerland and walking/travelling in the region before finishing the trip in Munich/Salzburg/Vienna and coming back to Ireland from that finish point.

Travelling to Italy and spending the week in Tuscany taking in Florence/Siena and wherever possible in the surrounding region.

I appreciate these are all diverse and varied options but any suggestions or otherwise to the above are welcomed to point me in one direction or another shortly.

Advertisement